choc. protein shake+coffee=moca on steriods

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else use coffee in their protein shake. I find it 1)Helps dissolve protein/bcaas/whatever, 2)perks up your workout, and 3)makes the shake taste great, so that is three positives, anybody know any reason you wouldn't want to do this(acidity of coffee or something else)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sounds good. I might have to try this out. How are you adding it to your protein?

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
hmmm i might have to try this to my morning protein shake ( i always fall asleep in school lol)

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Ive put a couple shots of espresso in my shakes before. its pretty good

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
I'll usually pour half a shaker bottle up with cold water and half coffee and then add protein, bcaa's, taurine, etc. I then refrigerate and have a wonderful mocha protein shake. I've told a few guys I work out with, but I've never thought about posting it for some reason, but I do it almost everyday. It really does seem to make the protein more soluable(sp), but there's not much that can help bcaa's that i've found.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll usually pour half a shaker bottle up with cold water and half coffee and then add protein, bcaa's, taurine, etc. I then refrigerate and have a wonderful mocha protein shake. I've told a few guys I work out with, but I've never thought about posting it for some reason, but I do it almost everyday. It really does seem to make the protein more soluable(sp), but there's not much that can help bcaa's that i've found.
thank ya for the recipe, might give this a whirl.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Do a google search for Dr Smoothie jamocha. Its a powder form and is made to be put into shakes and smoothies and it mixes better than plain coffee, but is basically the same thing.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
I enjoy the coffee taste in my morning shake. If I don't have any fresh coffee I add a few squirts of NESCAFE Ice Java chocolate mocha iced coffee syrup. I have also added a bottle of Starbucks Mocha Frappachino.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I SO want to pimp my little coffee roasting business here, but I'll refrain. *bites knuckles, tear*

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
I SO want to pimp my little coffee roasting business here, but I'll refrain. *bites knuckles, tear*
Poison, you have a coffee bean roasting company? That's cool. Good for you. I wish you well. Here is to a prosperous year. Although not easy, it must be self satisfing to be your own boss. Much better than answering to and busting your ass for someone. One day I will be in your shoes. Right now I can only dream. Still spreading the word about CLOUT, brother!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do. It's only a year old, so I haven't quit my day job yet. I have my website, and one local cafe which only serves my beans. But I'm getting a huge amount of return business, and good reviews from coffee professionals.

So, I'm not quite my own boss yet, but working on it. Slowly but surely! Thanks for the good wishes, and keep dreaming! You'll do it!

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
yummy idea :)

How can I find out about poison's website hmm

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not sure how Bobo is about this stuff. I'd likely need to be a vendor, or something.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure how Bobo is about this stuff. I'd likely need to be a vendor, or something.
Fair enough. Once my gold membership kicks in I will IM or email you(if possible).