One "a" day multivitm?

bballstud

Awards
I am currently taking a 1 a day multivitim and people keep telling me thats not enough should i be taking it twice a day? One in the morning and one at night? Thanks guys

Green-Giant

Awards
Hi bballstud,

I think you'll find most vit/mins in the one adays are only at the recomended daily amount which is basically the bare minimum that your body needs,

you could safely take a couple a day but there are some vits that you can overdose on like vit A if its retinol not beta caratene (thats safe).

I personally take an all in one high dose then top up with antioxidants as its these you'll need more of!!!

hope this helps

florin

Awards
Multivits are more like an "insurance" - take'em just in case your body might be missing some of that stuff. If the label says the recommended dosage is 1 / day, then take just 1.

If you eat healthy food (you do, don't you?) then you should have enough vitamins already. The multis are "just in case".

bballstud

Awards
OK guys thanks for the help. I think i understand now.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
There are some vitamins or minerals that you can "overdose" on, but even then the toxic dose is many times higher than the RDA, which is what One-A-Day and Centrum multivitamins contain. I'm 220 lbs and take two Centrums daily, but one is still fine.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One a day has anti freeze in it so be careful.

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
Do any of you guys have any recommendations for "One a Days"? Maybe a certain brand you trust?

I'm currently looking for a new "One a Day" to replace Centrum (I just want something different:think: ).

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use vita strip.

Green-Giant

Awards
I use ADAM from now seems to cover all of the essentials and its a 2 a day so you can spread them out

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Now Foods, New Chapter, MegaFoods, and Rainbow Light all make natural multivitamins, or whole-food vitamins.. I'd never use a commercial brand, the product is mostly synthetic and you don't absorb most of it.. The brands I mentioned are the most assimilated, and you can take a one-daily twice a day if you want..

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Now Foods, New Chapter, MegaFoods, and Rainbow Light all make natural multivitamins, or whole-food vitamins.. I'd never use a commercial brand, the product is mostly synthetic and you don't absorb most of it.. The brands I mentioned are the most assimilated, and you can take a one-daily twice a day if you want..
I would have to agree with you on that. I personally use the essentials basics which is made from vegitables. Be carefully even with now foods, rainbow whole foods because they have lots of binders and fillers in them as well there for would you agree that it is not the best choice as far as a vitamin mineral supplement.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
how late at night - its best to take vitamins in full combination early evening.

Einherjar

Awards
I use ADAM from now seems to cover all of the essentials and its a 2 a day so you can spread them out
This is an awesome vitamin, as are Nature's Plus-Source of Life and GNC's Ultra Mega Green.

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
I use a one-a-day multi mineral formula. It is a Super dosed Timed Release formula.
Probably not an excellent one but with it been timed release and high dosed i only have to take it first thing in the morning.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Beverly International puts out a great Muti...I believe its called the "Power Pack". It's much more than a multi but does insure you'll get the essentials and then some. It's fairly cost effective IMO as well.

Workin

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
I like animal pak its cheap and it has everything you need and even more you dont need. :D