Side Effects of too Much L-Glutamine?

Fun2Train

Awards
I was just curious, I been taking ON gold standard whey which has 4400MG of L-Glut in its aminogen complex. I take about 8 servings a day spread out throughout the day and was wandering if there was any side effects. I get some stomach pains sometimes , in my lower abdomin right below my stomach and was just wandering if it might be the L-Glut causing it, I had heard before from reading somewhere that it might could cause some abdominal pain if you take too much. Anyone know if this is true or if there is any other side effects from taking too much? I usually take about 1 serving every 2 hours at least 6 a day no more then 8. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Stomach discomfort is a reported side-effect. However, it's mor elikely that any intestional distress is realted to the amount of protein powder you're consuming. Try substituting real food (tuna, chicken, etc.) for some of those meals and see if it helps.

Fun2Train

Awards
Stomach discomfort is a reported side-effect. However, it's mor elikely that any intestional distress is realted to the amount of protein powder you're consuming. Try substituting real food (tuna, chicken, etc.) for some of those meals and see if it helps.
Ok, Well I eat at least 5 real meals a day, and I weigh 225 so I was just trying to supplement some protein but I will try what you said and substitute some real food in instead of protein powders.

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
For me too Much L-Glutamine causes stomach pain and is laxitive.
YMMV.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
However, it's mor elikely that any intestional distress is realted to the amount of protein powder you're consuming. Try substituting real food (tuna, chicken, etc.) for some of those meals and see if it helps.
I agree. That's a lot of supplemental protein to be consuming. Even with the enzymes and such that's a lot of abuse on the intestinal tract.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I never experienced sides from glutamine...