ALA vs. ALCAR

1. Arrow ALA vs. ALCAR

I know that ALCAR can be very effect with regards to fat loss and is good as a preworkout supplement, but does ALA have the same effect?

2. They are not the same but stack well together.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

3. For the purpose of fat loss, would you use ALCAR then before ALA?

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    They are not the same but stack well together.
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by lawnboy246
    For the purpose of fat loss, would you use ALCAR then before ALA?
    I would use both. They are synergistic. I have not seen any profound fatloss from either one. For fatloss I maintain a caloric deficit through diet and cardio.

ALA and ALCAR are great nutrient partitioners and anti-oxidants. ALCAR has been shown to increase exercise performance and it does so for me. I haved recently lowered my dosing of ALA to maintain anti-oxidant benefits and use Anabolic Pump for nutrient partitioning. User feedback so far makes AP the logical choice to aid in fatloss along with a sensible diet and exercise regimen. IMO

I take 2000 mg ALCAR preworkout and 100mg KR-ALA postworkout. AP 3 pills ed.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

5. Is it best to take ALA with meals or prior to meals? I've been taking it 10-15 minutes prior to meals.... and is it best to dose ala and alcar at the same time? I was thinking it is best not to take alcar with food but I'm not sure where I got that from????

6. Quote Originally Posted by Leggo my Ego
    Is it best to take ALA with meals or prior to meals? I've been taking it 10-15 minutes prior to meals.... and is it best to dose ala and alcar at the same time? I was thinking it is best not to take alcar with food but I'm not sure where I got that from????
    With ALA there won't be that much difference given those time frames although I prefer just prior. ALA will help clear glucose from tha bloodstream (Anabolic Pump may be better for this), which will assist in fat loss cycles. I would not over do it however while bulking as if you are eating a ton, chances are you'll also get fat quicker. In this regard it's best used as an antiox.

7. What about the alleged difference in efficiency between ALA and R-ALA (both in combo with ALCAR)? Has anyone here ever noticed a real difference in terms of antioxidative capacity? (I think I remember that 100mg R-ALA are said to equate 400mg ALA...)

Similar Forum Threads

1. r-ala vs. yellow gold
    By sanchezgreg18 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 02:19 PM
  2. ALA vs R-ALA
    By Eunisx in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 10:04 AM
  3. R-ALA vs. ALA revisited
    By Skye in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10