Free from aminos useless?

WSUstudent

Awards
I know how most feel on glutamine, but however since they all go through the same physiological process wouldn't that also mean that all free from aminos are useless?

Often misunderstood is the fact that stomach acidity has nothing whatsoever to do with the digestion of proteins, which all takes place via enzymatic reaction later in the duodenum, and that orally consumed Free Form Amino Acids are likewise not affected. In fact, the pH of the stomach when secreting HCL is generally around 3.0, which has absolutely no affect on the molecular bonds of Free Form Amino Acids (including EDTA) and thus, cannot and will not destroy them. (Please note: EDTA in solution may exhibit a pH of 4.0 all on its own.)

All Free Form Amino Acids, including EDTA, need no digestive process to enter the bloodstream. They are already small enough molecules to enter the bloodstream immediately; and that's why they are used so effectively in I.V. parenteral solutions. Thus all Free Form Amino Acids, including EDTA, will pass unharmed and unchanged into the duodenum where they then are directly assimilated into the bloodstream. Again, they are not, as mistakenly alleged by some, broken down or destroyed by the gastric processes.

Only the liver can change or transaminate one amino acid into another, and at other times, amino acids can only be broken down further by the biochemistry within individual cells themselves for the purpose of energy. But what is important to realize is that none of these anabolic and degradive processes take place within the gastrointestinal tract. Thus, the notion that taking Free Form Amino Acids orally, including EDTA, will not prove effective in entering the bloodstream is a misnomer. Indeed, as any biochemical or medical text book will attest, just the opposite is true.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No, some free form aminos aren't useless at all. Very beneficial, in fact.

WSUstudent

Awards
Where can I find a list though of absorption rates? Such as which ones do absorb at a high rate and which ones don't?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
All that first paragraph is saying is that stomach acidity doesn't affect the digestion of proteins and amino acids. Both are digested and absorbed in the duodenum.

I think you're misreading it. It's not saying that free form aminos are useless.

All free-form aminos, as far as I know, absorb very well.

WSUstudent

Awards
Lol, so it varies upon each individual amino as to what the absorption will be which is why glutamine is uselss and others work quite well.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I say try re-reading it. It is talking about how the free form aa's don't need the be digested/broken down to get into the bloodstream.

I think you might have gotten tripped up on the word 'misnomer'. No offense:

Thus, the notion that taking Free Form Amino Acids orally, including EDTA, will not prove effective in entering the bloodstream is a misnomer.
That means that people who say that taking free form amino acids will not prove effective in entering the bloodstream are wrong. Misnomer might not be the right word here but almost literally means 'wrong name'.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Glutamine is useless?

I must've missed the memo...:fool2: :study: :frustrate

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think more than brotelligence providers have stated Glutamine is worthless. IMO, neither side has incontrovertible evidence as to their position.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I think more than brotelligence providers have stated Glutamine is worthless. IMO, neither side has incontrovertible evidence as to their position.
Oh I agree, I was only partly serious with my answer...I forgot the smilie:)

Its true that 50%, perhaps 75% of oral glutamine is absorbed 'into' the intestines for their use (which is beneficial), but the remainder does enter the bloodstream. Being that it is the major AA in muscle tissue, anything to replenish it post-WO is of use IMO.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cuz everyone knowz dat brotelligence pwnz!!

lolorz!!111