Is TTA and/or Sesamin a no-no preworkout?

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
Wondering if the above combination has a dentrimental effect to a workout, like "strength-sapping". Today I had the crappiest chest day, I was unable to squeeze the last two reps on just about every set I did, and I was expecting an awesome workout. It is day 4 of my mfx/hd/retain cycle, and I popped the usual pre-workout supps- MFX/HD/Retain, CEE, C2, superCissus (it's usually 2/3 cissusrx but I just got the new stuff) and NeuroStim. Since I forgot them with my lunch, I decided to throw in the sesamin and lipidfx with the bunch, and added an xtra MFX to see the effect.

thanks

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Wondering if the above combination has a dentrimental effect to a workout, like "strength-sapping". Today I had the crappiest chest day, I was unable to squeeze the last two reps on just about every set I did, and I was expecting an awesome workout. It is day 4 of my mfx/hd/retain cycle, and I popped the usual pre-workout supps- MFX/HD/Retain, CEE, C2, superCissus (it's usually 2/3 cissusrx but I just got the new stuff) and NeuroStim. Since I forgot them with my lunch, I decided to throw in the sesamin and lipidfx with the bunch, and added an xtra MFX to see the effect.

thanks
I don't think it hurts, but make sure to take about 2g's of Potassium Gluconate pre and post or cramping can be a major issue.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Wondering if the above combination has a dentrimental effect to a workout, like "strength-sapping". ...
When I used Melting Point (8 caps per day) my workouts began to suffer a little...very much the same as you described. At a lower dosage (6 caps per day) my workouts were not hindered. So I would say the TTA could be responsible for your "strength-sapping".

Of course if you are on a cutting diet than that may be the reason as well.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking both without problems for over a month, this just happened to be the first time I took them pre-workout, and then the workout blows.... Ah well, just in case I will avoid that combination from now on.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
When I used Melting Point (8 caps per day) my workouts began to suffer a little...very much the same as you described. At a lower dosage (6 caps per day) my workouts were not hindered. So I would say the TTA could be responsible for your "strength-sapping".

Of course if you are on a cutting diet than that may be the reason as well.
Its like a turning a switch off with me when dosing with just 6 caps of MP. Couple that with a caloric deficit and I'm dragging in the gym. I drop the fat like crazt though so its all worth it.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
I had been doing 4caps of lipdfx, increased it to 6caps a couple of weeks ago but never taken it pre-workout. My caloric intake is pretty much the same, not really trying to cut, and havent noticed any fatigue (then again maybe the thermogenics are covering that up, Scorch while it lasted, and cAMP/C2).

Quil

Quil

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it hurts, but make sure to take about 2g's of Potassium Gluconate pre and post or cramping can be a major issue.
Any of you guys notice extra water retention when supplementing with Potassium?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Don't take SesaThin pre-workout.

Can't really comment on TTA.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Any of you guys notice extra water retention when supplementing with Potassium?
No, just the opposite. Good diuretic effect, especially when combined with a little caff.

Quil

Quil

Awards
  • Established
No, just the opposite. Good diuretic effect, especially when combined with a little caff.
OK thanks...I was reading up on TTAs in another thread and thought I saw someone mention that it would cause you to retain water even worse. Thanks for the reply.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
OK thanks...I was reading up on TTAs in another thread and thought I saw someone mention that it would cause you to retain water even worse. Thanks for the reply.
No problem Quil! I actually alpha tested this product when DS first released it so I learned the tricks pretty fast with this stuff. Potassium and magnesium are a must with anything over 4 caps/d (depending on your weight of course). I am about 215lbs lean for reference.

Quil

Quil

Awards
  • Established
I will absolutely go and pick some up then. I have a stack of MP, cAMP, Sesaglow, and Restore on the way from Nutraplanet to finish my cut up with a bang. Hopefully it works out well.

Did you stack a Sesamin product with the MP when you tested it? Do you recommend a lower dose?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I will absolutely go and pick some up then. I have a stack of MP, cAMP, Sesaglow, and Restore on the way from Nutraplanet to finish my cut up with a bang. Hopefully it works out well.

Did you stack a Sesamin product with the MP when you tested it? Do you recommend a lower dose?
No, but if you stack Ses with TTA, I would reduce both doses accordingly so there is not too much redundancy in that area. I'd stack TTA with a DVTHF product in PCT or a cutting cycle. MassFX is the best of those out there right now.

Restore contains 6-Bromo right? If so, that will probably cover your AI needs which also promotes hardness, dryness and fat burning (or at least discourages fat deposition). Plus with the cAMP, I think you have a super plan!

You may run a bit hot and may or may not get tired more frequently depending mainly on your level of hydration and cals. Drink and get lots of potassium (K) daily. Not less than 7.5mEq K/day. Potassium is dirt cheap too, so it's just smart to take it.

Quil

Quil

Awards
  • Established
'Preciate the advice very much. Thanks a lot for the insight.

Quil

Quil

Awards
  • Established
Dr D (or anyone else who reads this) could you tell me the conversion of 7.5 mEq to milligrams or grams? Thanks.

ZoMbSta

Awards
Is an AI neccessary during a cut? without blocking estrogen there is a much lesser chance on getting under 10% BF?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr D (or anyone else who reads this) could you tell me the conversion of 7.5 mEq to milligrams or grams? Thanks.
It depends on the salt. For OTC Potassium Gluconate 500mg tabs, they are about 2.13 mEq K, so 3-4 tabs of that kind.

Quil

Quil

Awards
  • Established
Mine says:

Potassium (as Potassium Amino Acid Complex) 99mg

Should I be shooting for 1000-2000mg a day, or is that too much?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is an AI neccessary during a cut? without blocking estrogen there is a much lesser chance on getting under 10% BF?
Formestane is a pretty tight AI for cutting up.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Mine says:

Potassium (as Potassium Amino Acid Complex) 99mg

Should I be shooting for 1000-2000mg a day, or is that too much?
Yeah, 99mg elemental is 2.13 mEq K, so that's the same thing as the above salt. 3 or 4 pills/dose. Go for 1g as a daily goal if you can (so that's 10 pills over the whole day) 3 pills 3x/d is what I do plus 6 extra on w/o days

Quil

Quil

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, 99mg elemental is 2.13 mEq K, so that's the same thing as the above salt. 3 or 4 pills/dose. Go for 1g as a daily goal if you can (so that's 10 pills over the whole day) 3 pills 3x/d is what I do plus 6 extra on w/o days
Preciate it, once again.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
what are the possible cases in which it helps? not sure if i need it too...
It helps with test or when using anything that will contribute estrogen like an aromatizable steroid. However, any non-aromatizing oral is usually sufficient on a cut without needed the AI.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
per the original question, i believe someone at avant said take sesamin as far from a workout as possible

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I use potassium chloride (Sodium-free salt).

One cap is about 500mg of K, I cap it myself, it's about $4 a pound.

It's as good as the gluconate, right?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I use potassium chloride (Sodium-free salt).

One cap is about 500mg of K, I cap it myself, it's about $4 a pound.

It's as good as the gluconate, right?
Oh yeah, it's a great form! Very economical too like you said. Some people get an upset stomach with mineral chlorides but if not, KCl actually the most effecient form to use. I only use the Gluconate because I can get bottles of 250 for 3$ and cap so many other things it would just be one more thing to cap for me. :)