Would you guys use creatine past the best by date?

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
I got hooked up with a unopened bottle of cell-tech creatine b/c its best by day is 02 02 2006. Would you guys take it or not? I ask b/c I figured I might as well jump back into some creatine after 4-5 months off. I have been making more gains not taking any supp's other then protein shakes after workout but eating like a horse, meats, cheese, protein bars, milk, water, eggs, peanut butter, anything with a good amount of protein. So should I start using the creatine or save up some xtra cash and get some new.(main reason not using supp's is money is tight right now and gf doesnt like the mood swings
)

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I may not be the best person as I almost never throw anything away but those are a "best if used by date " so that they know when to rotate stock and as a general guide line.Id say go ahead and use it!

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Asolutely! Supps are generally still good for a yr. or so after the date. As long as it's stored well enough, you'll be fine.

foggia

foggia

Awards
I would go ahead and use it. You may have to slightly increase the dosage, but its not like the creatine magically becomes crap when the expiration date hits, ya know:) I would use it. Hope this helps.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
NONONO!!! OMG, no! Have you used any yet? If you have, call your local Poison Control Center IMMEDIATELY, the danger is imminent!

In case you didn't know, at precisely 1 day past the 'Best by' date, creatine's molecular structure becomes highly unstable, creating nano-particles which can cross the blood-brain barrier, and cause uncontrolled and irrevocable brain growth. THe only remedy is taking massive amounts of Assplodan, or if it has progressed too far, decapitation.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes.

If, by odd chance, is it somehow turns into some sort of methyl-thing, you might consider sending it to Ray Sausage.