1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.83%

Beta-Alanine and Citrulline Malate

I am planning to buy both of these supps and have a couple questions

The first being, should I need to take them every day (even on non-workout days)
    and What dosage should I use? Ive looked at a number of posts and they all say different amounts. What is the most up to date recommendation?

Thanks

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.83%

bump
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.47%

I think its better to take everyday as you want to try and increase your intramuscle carnosine levels.

Doses, i would go with: BA 3-4g daily. CM 6-7g daily. Both split into two doses, make sure one of these doses is pre-workout.

See how they go and bump up amounts if needed.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.83%

can you still see beneficial effects from Citrulline Malate if you only take it on days you work out before working out in 3g amounts?
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.83%

I guess I just answered the part about b-Alanine by myself with this article:

1: Amino Acids. 2006 May;30(3):279-89. Epub 2006 Mar 24. Related Articles, Links
    Click here to read
    The absorption of orally supplied beta-alanine and its effect on muscle carnosine synthesis in human vastus lateralis.

Harris RC, Tallon MJ, Dunnett M, Boobis L, Coakley J, Kim HJ, Fallowfield JL, Hill CA, Sale C, Wise JA.

School of Sports, Exercise and Health Sciences, University College Chichester, Chichester, U.K..

beta-Alanine in blood-plasma when administered as A) histidine dipeptides (equivalent to 40 mg . kg(-1) bwt of beta-alanine) in chicken broth, or B) 10, C) 20 and D) 40 mg . kg(-1) bwt beta-alanine (CarnoSyntrade mark, NAI, USA), peaked at 428 +/- SE 66, 47 +/- 13, 374 +/- 68 and 833 +/- 43 microM. Concentrations regained baseline at 2 h. Carnosine was not detected in plasma with A) although traces of this and anserine were found in urine. Loss of beta-alanine in urine with B) to D) was <5%. Plasma taurine was increased by beta-alanine ingestion but this did not result in any increased loss via urine. Pharmacodynamics were further investigated with 3 x B) per day given for 15 d. Dietary supplementation with I) 3.2 and II) 6.4 g . d(-1) beta-alanine (as multiple doses of 400 or 800 mg) or III) L-carnosine (isomolar to II) for 4 w resulted in significant increases in muscle carnosine estimated at 42.1, 64.2 and 65.8%.

PMID: 16554972 [PubMed - in process]

I'll probably take 6g of the proCarnosine thing from Giant

I'm still kind of unsure about the CM tho
  6. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jdev
    I guess I just answered the part about b-Alanine by myself with this article:

1: Amino Acids. 2006 May;30(3):279-89. Epub 2006 Mar 24. Related Articles, Links
    Click here to read
    The absorption of orally supplied beta-alanine and its effect on muscle carnosine synthesis in human vastus lateralis.

Harris RC, Tallon MJ, Dunnett M, Boobis L, Coakley J, Kim HJ, Fallowfield JL, Hill CA, Sale C, Wise JA.

School of Sports, Exercise and Health Sciences, University College Chichester, Chichester, U.K..

beta-Alanine in blood-plasma when administered as A) histidine dipeptides (equivalent to 40 mg . kg(-1) bwt of beta-alanine) in chicken broth, or B) 10, C) 20 and D) 40 mg . kg(-1) bwt beta-alanine (CarnoSyntrade mark, NAI, USA), peaked at 428 +/- SE 66, 47 +/- 13, 374 +/- 68 and 833 +/- 43 microM. Concentrations regained baseline at 2 h. Carnosine was not detected in plasma with A) although traces of this and anserine were found in urine. Loss of beta-alanine in urine with B) to D) was <5%. Plasma taurine was increased by beta-alanine ingestion but this did not result in any increased loss via urine. Pharmacodynamics were further investigated with 3 x B) per day given for 15 d. Dietary supplementation with I) 3.2 and II) 6.4 g . d(-1) beta-alanine (as multiple doses of 400 or 800 mg) or III) L-carnosine (isomolar to II) for 4 w resulted in significant increases in muscle carnosine estimated at 42.1, 64.2 and 65.8%.

PMID: 16554972 [PubMed - in process]

I'll probably take 6g of the proCarnosine thing from Giant

I'm still kind of unsure about the CM tho
    I am working on a cool combo with a new novel compound..well one thats has been used but not for this purpose...
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.83%

it is going to raise muscle carnosine?

When? I'm awaiting so many Usp products its crazy.
    Anabolic Pump, the new cissus, and now this?
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.47%

I have taken CM just pre-workout and still noticed a good improvement in endurance, however its was better at 6g twice daily.

Is taking it twice daily everyday worth the extra cash, thats something you will have to decide.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I feel effects at 1-3gr pre-workout only, but mostly as improved performance during the workout. 6gr/day is better, the difference being less DOMS and fuller muscles/bigger pumps.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.83%

I think the beta-alanine will help with the Doms. I plan to take at least 3g a day. Its cheaper as well.

I don't really want to spend 60 cents a day on off days to walk around with slightly fuller muscles so I'm gonna be skipping the CM on off days.

Giant has an awesome sale on their B-A/histidine blend this month so Im gonna pick some up (360g for $15).

Similar Forum Threads

1. Beta Alanine and DiCreatine Malate dosing?
    By Afrochowder in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 04:12 PM
  2. LF Beta Alanine and Creatine supplement
    By Reverin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 06:44 PM
  3. Beta Alanine and Creatine
    By Mar430 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 10:37 PM
  4. beta alanine and citrulline malate taste