Supplement for Explosive Leg Power - AnabolicMinds.com

Supplement for Explosive Leg Power

1. New Member
    Answers

Supplement for Explosive Leg Power

I don't know if this can really be answered, but what supplement would be best for speed-strength? Do test-raising supps help enhance jumping, throwing, and Olympic lifts? The results from them seem to be more dramatic in boosting slower limit strength.

What would be best, then? Stims? BCAAs?

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Clout.

3. New Member
    Answers

if you want natural i would say creatine would give u exactly what u want

•   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

You have to train the muscles for this specific situation. No supplement is going to change the muscle fiber content that you have in your legs. To an extent, this is limited, but you can change the type IIa muscle fibers to tye IIx, which is the muscle fibers that impact power.

5. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    You have to train the muscles for this specific situation. No supplement is going to change the muscle fiber content that you have in your legs. To an extent, this is limited, but you can change the type IIa muscle fibers to tye IIx, which is the muscle fibers that impact power.
    Yeah, I know that I need to train my legs for it. I've been doing Olympic lifts and plyometrics for over a year now. Why do people make the knee-jerk assumption that when someone asks for a supplement suggestion they're looking for a pill that does all the work for them? I'm not posting on bb.com, I'm posting on Anabolic Minds.

Different supplements have different mechanisms; some are better suited for size gains, some for strength gains, others for endurance. I'm looking for one that might -AID- me in developing my speed.

6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xcendo
    Yeah, I know that I need to train my legs for it. I've been doing Olympic lifts and plyometrics for over a year now. Why do people make the knee-jerk assumption that when someone asks for a supplement suggestion they're looking for a pill that does all the work for them? I'm not posting on bb.com, I'm posting on Anabolic Minds.

Different supplements have different mechanisms; some are better suited for size gains, some for strength gains, others for endurance. I'm looking for one that might -AID- me in developing my speed.
    I wasn't insinuating that you are going to sit on your ass and expect results, but I was trying to say that there is limited area for improvement in the power department. The genetic makeup of your muscles pre-determines how much power your body will be able to produce.

7. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by maxfeez
    if you want natural i would say creatine would give u exactly what u want
    I've been on creatine and have long since passed the plateau of strength and power gains it provides.

8. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    I wasn't insinuating that you are going to sit on your ass and expect results, but I was trying to say that there is limited area for improvement in the power department. The genetic makeup of your muscles pre-determines how much power your body will be able to produce.
    My apologies, then. I'm hot tempered tonight, I guess.

That's a sobering thought, as I've continued to make strength gains in squat and bench, but have plateaued in my Oly lifts. I really doubt that I'm flirting with the upper limit of my power potential, though.

9. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by poison
    Clout.
    After reading some logs and looking into the ingredients, this looks like it could definitely help. Thanks, poison.

10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

The supps that would help out with power would be the electrolytes used in muscle contraction so calcium and magnesium should help.

11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

After reading some logs and looking into the ingredients, this looks like it could definitely help. Thanks, poison.

You'll like it. It's specifically for your purpose.

12. Registered User
    Answers

I would opt for some good BCAA mix like xtend, extremely clean diet( you probably have that, but just wanted to mention it) and maybe JW could be helping you. As an addition, you might want to take a look at XF (yes I am a rep for them) to increase your strength and power.

13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Answers

As far as creatines go Clout is one of the best I've tried, I'd also look into something like Cissus-RX if you intend on going heavy (compound exercises in paticular).

14. New Member
    Answers

I'm actually on cissus right now and my recovery is better, but I can still go just as heavy on compounds without it. Joints have never been an issue for me, really.

X-factor causes too much systemic inflammation for me. Ever heard of epididymitis? Inflammation of that tube in your sack? I had it three years ago but it cleared up after a few months. Took X-factor last year and the epididymitis flared right back up, and backed off when I stopped taking it. I'm sure it's a good product though, and congrats on repping at 18.

15. Registered User
    Answers

I'm actually on cissus right now and my recovery is better, but I can still go just as heavy on compounds without it. Joints have never been an issue for me, really.

X-factor causes too much systemic inflammation for me. Ever heard of epididymitis? Inflammation of that tube in your sack? I had it three years ago but it cleared up after a few months. Took X-factor last year and the epididymitis flared right back up, and backed off when I stopped taking it. I'm sure it's a good product though, and congrats on repping at 18.
    Ooh. I see. That's too bad my friend. I guess that having that kind of situation in the past can be coming back easily... Anyways, I was just putting it out there..

Thanks for the kind words

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advice for explosive strength/power day
    By METAL VIPER in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 02:41 PM
  2. Supplements for Tired Legs because of Cardio?
    By tim254 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 01:36 AM
  3. Supplements for Powerlifting
    By UHCougar05 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 08:41 PM
  4. Safety Supplements for M1T
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 06:04 PM
  5. What are must supplements for cutting?
    By Gixxer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 08:04 AM