Question about Glutamine/Arginine

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.9%

Question about Glutamine/Arginine

Will too much glutamine effect my NO production of my Arginine and citrulline malate??...taking those for pre-workout and then my post workout drink of Vassive-Ce would contain glutamine along with my new protein that has Glutamine peptides but also has other BCAA's(Dymatize Elite Complex)
    This is what i plan on taking
    Vassive-NO/Vassive-CE stack
    Stamin02
    BCAA pills
    Multi Pro 32x
    Dymatize Elite Complex
    NHA stack or some other Pro Test stack

the reason i ask is b/c i remember when i was taking the BSN mass stack is said keep glutamine to only about 3 grams a day b/c it can alter the effects of NO??

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.54%

there is some research that l-glutamine will negate some of the affects of NO type products.
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.9%

i added the glutamine up and its like 4-5 G's a day..that wouldnt really effect NO would it? (3 grams from the Vassive-CE and then it says 2 G's Amino Acid Blend on the protein and Glutamine Peptides is first so that is the most)
    •   

4. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.35%

Quote Originally Posted by East1600Plus
    i added the glutamine up and its like 4-5 G's a day..that wouldnt really effect NO would it? (3 grams from the Vassive-CE and then it says 2 G's Amino Acid Blend on the protein and Glutamine Peptides is first so that is the most)
    check out this months issue of MD. theres a research article explaining how glutamine and arginine together. i cant recall the results but i wanna say that it stated glutamine having a positive effect on arginine plasma levels and NO production. ill check it out after work and post it.
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.9%

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk
    check out this months issue of MD. theres a research article explaining how glutamine and arginine together. i cant recall the results but i wanna say that it stated glutamine having a positive effect on arginine plasma levels and NO production. ill check it out after work and post it.
    alright thnxs ya lemme know...and i forgot that im going to take the protein more then once a day so its more like 6-7 G

ive been reading around and i found an article where it says Arginine is best effective if stacked with glutamine since glutamine is 20% nitrogen..is this true?
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.91%

I have a book titled The Life Extension Revolution by Philip Lee Miller. It mentions taking arginine, glutamine, lysine, ornathine and glycine together on an empty stomach. The author's goal is to increase the body's release of growth hormone.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk View Post
    Yes post it please. I have heard that to much of glutamine/arginine/creatine negetes each other. They compete thru the same pathways. No sold on that.

East ur only taking 5g of glutamine a day? To get something out it I think u need to up to 30-40g. I used it awhile back I seemed to stay fuller longer.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question about large amounts of L-Arginine
    By kprimm in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 06:11 PM
  2. Question about Glutamine
    By East1600Plus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 09:44 AM
  3. some questions about L-Arginine-Ornithine
    By iwinulose2981 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0