Question about Glutamine/Arginine

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
Will too much glutamine effect my NO production of my Arginine and citrulline malate??...taking those for pre-workout and then my post workout drink of Vassive-Ce would contain glutamine along with my new protein that has Glutamine peptides but also has other BCAA's(Dymatize Elite Complex)
This is what i plan on taking
Vassive-NO/Vassive-CE stack
Stamin02
BCAA pills
Multi Pro 32x
Dymatize Elite Complex
NHA stack or some other Pro Test stack

the reason i ask is b/c i remember when i was taking the BSN mass stack is said keep glutamine to only about 3 grams a day b/c it can alter the effects of NO??

The Graduate

Awards
there is some research that l-glutamine will negate some of the affects of NO type products.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
i added the glutamine up and its like 4-5 G's a day..that wouldnt really effect NO would it? (3 grams from the Vassive-CE and then it says 2 G's Amino Acid Blend on the protein and Glutamine Peptides is first so that is the most)

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i added the glutamine up and its like 4-5 G's a day..that wouldnt really effect NO would it? (3 grams from the Vassive-CE and then it says 2 G's Amino Acid Blend on the protein and Glutamine Peptides is first so that is the most)
check out this months issue of MD. theres a research article explaining how glutamine and arginine together. i cant recall the results but i wanna say that it stated glutamine having a positive effect on arginine plasma levels and NO production. ill check it out after work and post it.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
check out this months issue of MD. theres a research article explaining how glutamine and arginine together. i cant recall the results but i wanna say that it stated glutamine having a positive effect on arginine plasma levels and NO production. ill check it out after work and post it.
alright thnxs ya lemme know...and i forgot that im going to take the protein more then once a day so its more like 6-7 G

ive been reading around and i found an article where it says Arginine is best effective if stacked with glutamine since glutamine is 20% nitrogen..is this true?

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
I have a book titled The Life Extension Revolution by Philip Lee Miller. It mentions taking arginine, glutamine, lysine, ornathine and glycine together on an empty stomach. The author's goal is to increase the body's release of growth hormone.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Yes post it please. I have heard that to much of glutamine/arginine/creatine negetes each other. They compete thru the same pathways. No sold on that.

East ur only taking 5g of glutamine a day? To get something out it I think u need to up to 30-40g. I used it awhile back I seemed to stay fuller longer.