Just realized i had 17-HD...

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
well im taking NHA stack and ALRI stuff (soon to switch to some ON Vassive Stack with BCAA's and Citrulline) but ya anyways would adding the rest of my 17-HD bottle effect my NHA stack negatively? i have 12 pills left i took 1 pill before every football game this year lol...or should i just wait to use them after my NHA stack till i get another stack of pro test? (looking at the new 4-AD if the test morpheous is doing comes out good)

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If it helps, you might as well take it.
No sense in tring to use (and get anything) from those remaining 12 pills.
Does the 17-HD do nything for you?

I would really love to be able to read a log or user feedback on this stuff that's NOT on the "customer" review section at some retasil site...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive heard it gives good energy/strength preworkout but 12 pills? Just take it already. what is pro test?

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
ive heard it gives good energy/strength preworkout but 12 pills? Just take it already. what is pro test?
pro testosterone...ya i only have 12 pills left and it gave me pretty good energy pre-football games along with the adrenaline rush i would get

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i hated the sample I tried. I took it as directed pre-workout, hit my 2 mile run, and halfway through thought mY heart was going to explode. My heartrate was severly elevated to the point it felt dangerous. I stopped my run, and continued on with my workout unaffected for good or bad.

F that ****.

tws62001

Awards
17 HD Scam?

well im taking NHA stack and ALRI stuff (soon to switch to some ON Vassive Stack with BCAA's and Citrulline) but ya anyways would adding the rest of my 17-HD bottle effect my NHA stack negatively? i have 12 pills left i took 1 pill before every football game this year lol...or should i just wait to use them after my NHA stack till i get another stack of pro test? (looking at the new 4-AD if the test morpheous is doing comes out good)

** Androgenic's review of 17-HD **

I will explain how this product bothers me on an unparalleled scale. It is what is wrong with the industry. Shawn Ray uses it…hmm. This product is deceptive, trying to sound like a prohormone or even a potent steroid. The company has stated they did not decide on the name or try and be deceptive it was what the “scientist” (seriously) named it...so that's what they went with...HAHAHA! Even if they have a "scientist" of some sort, which they probably don't, that guy is not in control of their financial fate in the naming/marketing/advertising of the product.

17-HD (17-Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone): To review the choice of name here, by marketing NOT SCIENCE…let’s review.

1.)17 – As is c17a, the 17th carbon at the alpha position is where anabolic steroids have their potency and toxicity and often is where a methyl group is as attached.
2.)Halo – Besides being a great X-Box game, it is another group of steroids such as the popular halotestin, also halodrol is quite popular in the prohormone world.
3.)Methyl – See #1. Also – see buzz word of the year (#2 is ethyl ester)
4.)Dianadrone – Diana(bol) aka methandrostenolone, comes pretty close to hitting the whole 17-HD name is one fall swoop.
5.)17-HD, or 17-Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone, sounds like a chemical compound doesn’t it? Sounds like one heck of a methylated potent oral steroid. Right?

Guess what? It’s not. Matter of fact it’s just a bunch of herbs. I’d say this is pretty deceptive so far, but lets get into the useless or even counterproductive part.

Here is the ingredients according to the write-up:

17- Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone: 400mg
Ge Gan (pueraria lobota)
Smilax Officinalis
N.O. Oliliacae

Betaecdysterone 100mg
Wild yam extract 100mg
Glabra 100mg
Phosphatidyl choline 50mg
Citric acid 50mg

__________________________________________________ ________________
We'll start with wild yam and go from there.
Wild Yam is great at regulating estrogen...there's a potent benefit! And I will quote:

"Wild yam has been used for menstrual cramps or pain, menopausal symptoms, rheumatic conditions, and gallbladder complaints. Wild yam is sometimes suggested as an alternative to hormone replacement therapy. While components of wild yam are chemically manufactured into the hormones progesterone or estrogen, the body is unable to use wild yam in the same way."

__________________________________________________ ________________________________
Ge Gen is aka kudzu and I quote:

"Chemicals extracted from kudzu include isoflavones known as daidzein, daidzin, genistein, and puerarin. Isoflavones are plant chemicals that have estrogenic and antioxidant effects."

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

How 'bout Smilax? Let's go for the trifecta shall we? Smilax officinalis is also known as sarsparilla.
I'll quote again...

"In the United States, sarsaparilla is sold primarily as an oral remedy for skin conditions such as psoriasis. It is believed that chemicals in sarsaparilla may attach to endotoxins (the remnants of bacterial cells) that are common in individuals with psoriasis and certain other conditions. By eliminating or reducing the amounts of endotoxins in the body, sarsaparilla may help to relieve the condition.

Orally, sarsaparilla also has weak diuretic and laxative effects, which may make it useful in promoting the loss of excess water from the body and also in treating mild constipation. It may also promote sweating, which may help to reduce fever. Additionally, sarsaparilla contains chemicals that may act as a mild expectorant – a substance that may loosen bronchial mucus and promote coughing. However, none of these effects has been verified through clinical studies and they may vary greatly depending on the amounts and type of sarsaparilla that is used. "

Hmm...well we've established it raises estrogen, has laxative effects...is there anything else this miracle supplement can do for me you ask?

Well I am glad you asked...Glabra is cute renaming (as every ingredient is and the product itself) of Glycyrrhiza glabra, aka Licorice. Licorice you say? Yes, THE ultimate bodybuilding supplement. And I will quote:

"Licorice is also a mild laxative. Large doses of glycyrrhizinic acid and glycyrrhetinic acid in liquorice extract can lead to hypokalemia and serious increases in blood pressure, a syndrome known as apparent mineralocorticoid excess. These side effects stem from the inhibition of the enzyme 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (type 2) and subsequent increase in activity of cortisol on the kidney. 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase normally inactivates cortisol in the kidney; thus, licorice's inactivation of this enzyme makes the concentration of cortisol appear to increase. Cortisol acts at the same receptor as the hormone aldosterone in the kidney; thus, the effects mimic aldosterone excess, although aldosterone remains low or normal during licorice overdose. Cortisol does not actually increase either; however, its activity in the kidney effectively increases due to the disabling of this enzyme. To decrease the chances of these serious side effects, deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) preparations are available.

Licorice affects the body's endocrine system. It can lower the amount of serum testosterone, but whether it affects the amount of free testosterone is unclear. A PubMed search for licorice AND testosterone will provide additional information."

Well, cool, Licorice decrease testosterone, increases blood pressure and may increase catabolic hormones. Oh yeah, and again its a laxative.

So lets tally up the results: we got elevated estrogen, decreased testosterone, increased cortisol, increased blood pressure, and 2 laxatives.

Lastly, there is one ingredient listed that, in fact, does not exist…so I can’t tell you what it is other than it is an herb. N.O. (sounds like Nitric Oxide – Buzz Word!) Olilicae. Sorry. Given the collective data one WHAT IS IN THERE, I wouldn’t hope for much.

Well the only thing of benefit I see here is the 50mg of Vitamin C (citric acid), which doesn't even meet the lowly RDA. Sweet formulation. Really.

Good luck to anyone who uses this. The supplement industry loves you. OWNED???? YES I THINK SO

Think the analysis holds water?

All credit goes to the original writter of above 17 HD review. Taken from another site.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established

I will explain how this product bothers me on an unparalleled scale. It is what is wrong with the industry. Shawn Ray uses it…hmm. This product is deceptive, trying to sound like a prohormone or even a potent steroid. The company has stated they did not decide on the name or try and be deceptive it was what the “scientist” (seriously) named it...so that's what they went with...HAHAHA! Even if they have a "scientist" of some sort, which they probably don't, that guy is not in control of their financial fate in the naming/marketing/advertising of the product.

17-HD (17-Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone): To review the choice of name here, by marketing NOT SCIENCE…let’s review.

1.)17 – As is c17a, the 17th carbon at the alpha position is where anabolic steroids have their potency and toxicity and often is where a methyl group is as attached.
2.)Halo – Besides being a great X-Box game, it is another group of steroids such as the popular halotestin, also halodrol is quite popular in the prohormone world.
4.)Dianadrone – Diana(bol) aka methandrostenolone, comes pretty close to hitting the whole 17-HD name is one fall swoop.
5.)17-HD, or 17-Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone, sounds like a chemical compound doesn’t it? Sounds like one heck of a methylated potent oral steroid. Right?

Guess what? It’s not. Matter of fact it’s just a bunch of herbs. I’d say this is pretty deceptive so far, but lets get into the useless or even counterproductive part.

Ge Gan (pueraria lobota)
Smilax Officinalis
N.O. Oliliacae

Betaecdysterone 100mg
Wild yam extract 100mg
Glabra 100mg
Citric acid 50mg

Wild Yam is great at regulating estrogen...there's a potent benefit! And I will quote:

"Wild yam has been used for menstrual cramps or pain, menopausal symptoms, rheumatic conditions, and gallbladder complaints. Wild yam is sometimes suggested as an alternative to hormone replacement therapy. While components of wild yam are chemically manufactured into the hormones progesterone or estrogen, the body is unable to use wild yam in the same way."

"Chemicals extracted from kudzu include isoflavones known as daidzein, daidzin, genistein, and puerarin. Isoflavones are plant chemicals that have estrogenic and antioxidant effects."

How 'bout Smilax? Let's go for the trifecta shall we? Smilax officinalis is also known as sarsparilla.
I'll quote again...

"In the United States, sarsaparilla is sold primarily as an oral remedy for skin conditions such as psoriasis. It is believed that chemicals in sarsaparilla may attach to endotoxins (the remnants of bacterial cells) that are common in individuals with psoriasis and certain other conditions. By eliminating or reducing the amounts of endotoxins in the body, sarsaparilla may help to relieve the condition.

Orally, sarsaparilla also has weak diuretic and laxative effects, which may make it useful in promoting the loss of excess water from the body and also in treating mild constipation. It may also promote sweating, which may help to reduce fever. Additionally, sarsaparilla contains chemicals that may act as a mild expectorant – a substance that may loosen bronchial mucus and promote coughing. However, none of these effects has been verified through clinical studies and they may vary greatly depending on the amounts and type of sarsaparilla that is used. "

Hmm...well we've established it raises estrogen, has laxative effects...is there anything else this miracle supplement can do for me you ask?

Well I am glad you asked...Glabra is cute renaming (as every ingredient is and the product itself) of Glycyrrhiza glabra, aka Licorice. Licorice you say? Yes, THE ultimate bodybuilding supplement. And I will quote:

"Licorice is also a mild laxative. Large doses of glycyrrhizinic acid and glycyrrhetinic acid in liquorice extract can lead to hypokalemia and serious increases in blood pressure, a syndrome known as apparent mineralocorticoid excess. These side effects stem from the inhibition of the enzyme 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (type 2) and subsequent increase in activity of cortisol on the kidney. 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase normally inactivates cortisol in the kidney; thus, licorice's inactivation of this enzyme makes the concentration of cortisol appear to increase. Cortisol acts at the same receptor as the hormone aldosterone in the kidney; thus, the effects mimic aldosterone excess, although aldosterone remains low or normal during licorice overdose. Cortisol does not actually increase either; however, its activity in the kidney effectively increases due to the disabling of this enzyme. To decrease the chances of these serious side effects, deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) preparations are available.

Licorice affects the body's endocrine system. It can lower the amount of serum testosterone, but whether it affects the amount of free testosterone is unclear. A PubMed search for licorice AND testosterone will provide additional information."

Well, cool, Licorice decrease testosterone, increases blood pressure and may increase catabolic hormones. Oh yeah, and again its a laxative.

So lets tally up the results: we got elevated estrogen, decreased testosterone, increased cortisol, increased blood pressure, and 2 laxatives.

Lastly, there is one ingredient listed that, in fact, does not exist…so I can’t tell you what it is other than it is an herb. N.O. (sounds like Nitric Oxide – Buzz Word!) Olilicae. Sorry. Given the collective data one WHAT IS IN THERE, I wouldn’t hope for much.

Well the only thing of benefit I see here is the 50mg of Vitamin C (citric acid), which doesn't even meet the lowly RDA. Sweet formulation. Really.

Good luck to anyone who uses this. The supplement industry loves you. OWNED???? YES I THINK SO

All credit goes to the original writter of above 17 HD review. Taken from another site.
Damn! I have some 17-hd laying around and this makes never want to take it again... It did seem to give my workouts a boost when I took them before, I could have sworn it had caffeine in it or something... maybe that was a placebo effect. IDS also makes a version of this with pretty much identical ingredients called 17-hydroxy-mesterone (also deceptively named) of which I also have a bottle... damn

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established

Ge Gan (pueraria lobota)
Smilax Officinalis
N.O. Oliliacae

Betaecdysterone 100mg
Wild yam extract 100mg
Glabra 100mg
Citric acid 50mg

I'll quote again...

Wow, great first post...You must have really been inspired!!!
I am as skeptical as anyone about lable claims and reported effacy of muscle building supplements. However I have taken this product and enjoyed its stimulating effects which I would compare to Divinal-type products. Similax has proven stimulating effects and has been around for years in such use...a soda pop!!(haha) not quite as stimulating as the cocaine the put in Coca-Cola, but more legal. Wild yam and licorice have been used for years for the effects stated and isoflavones are debatable as to their value to men.The post skipped the beta ecdysterone(?), which has had a lot of discussion on this board. Not every supplement works for every user and some even cause negative results, thats the game. There is no catch all.
The whole sports enhancing supplement industry is suspect when it comes to guarenteed resuls. Lables are like newspaper covers, they are designed to make you buy the product.
This board is an excellent place to help sort through the claims and record the hard data results. Thanks for your input

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established

Ge Gan (pueraria lobota)
Smilax Officinalis
N.O. Oliliacae

Betaecdysterone 100mg
Wild yam extract 100mg
Glabra 100mg
Citric acid 50mg

I'll quote again...

haha im thinking about printing this off and next time i go into GNC to look around and they try to tell me 17-HD is the best pro-test supplement around now im gonna show them this

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Step away from GNC.
-I don't think I'd get any pleaseure from showing this to some 16 year old kid who doesn't know crap about anything in the store, except marketing hype

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Step away from GNC.
-I don't think I'd get any pleaseure from showing this to some 16 year old kid who doesn't know crap about anything in the store, except marketing hype
im trying to get a job at the GNC ..( i never buy **** from there but i need a job and the GNC some kind of supplement store would do best for me)...only thing is id actually give good advice to what type of products to take if i worked there lol :clap2: :clap2:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm wondering if Dianadrone is really supposed to be diandrone (aka DHEA). Lots of nomenclature and names for Dehydroandrosterone and many companies definitely take advantatge of this.

Androsten-3beta-ol-17-one, 17-Chetovis, 17-Hormoforin, 3-beta-Hydroxy-5-androsten-17-one, 3-beta-hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one, 3-Hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one, 3.Beta.-Hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one, 3beta-hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one, 5, 6-Dehydroisoandrostorone, 5,6-Dehydroisoandrosterone, 5,6-Dehydroisoandrostorone, 5,6-Didehydroisoandrosterone, 5-Androsten-3-beta-ol-17-one, 5-Androsten-3B-ol-17-one, 5-Androstene-3beta-ol-17-one, 5-Dehydroepiandrosterone, 53-43-0, AIDS-159844, AIDS159844, Androst-5-en-17-one, 3-hydroxy-, (3.beta.)-, Androst-5-en-17-one, 3-hydroxy-, (3beta)-, Androst-5-en-17-one, 3.beta.-hydroxy-, Androst-5-en-17-one, 3beta-hydroxy-, Androstenolone, Astenile, CHEMBANK575070, Deandros, Dehydroandrosterone, Dehydroepiandrosterone, Dehydroisoandrosterone, DHA, DHEA, Diandron, Diandrone, Epiandrosterone, 5-dehydro-, NISTC53430, NSC9896, Prasterone, Psicosterone, trans-

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I was given a bottle of 17-hd and told it was a great natural test booster. What a load of BS. All it did was give me one more pill to take. I felt or saw nothing from this. I think you would have a better result from Tribbulus Terrestis. It's natural and cheaper and works.