Just realized i had 17-HD...

  1. Advanced Member
    East1600Plus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    378
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    54.56%

    Just realized i had 17-HD...


    well im taking NHA stack and ALRI stuff (soon to switch to some ON Vassive Stack with BCAA's and Citrulline) but ya anyways would adding the rest of my 17-HD bottle effect my NHA stack negatively? i have 12 pills left i took 1 pill before every football game this year lol...or should i just wait to use them after my NHA stack till i get another stack of pro test? (looking at the new 4-AD if the test morpheous is doing comes out good)

  2. Advanced Member
    East1600Plus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    378
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    54.56%

    any1??
  3. Board Supporter
    xtraflossy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    12329
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    21.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    If it helps, you might as well take it.
    No sense in tring to use (and get anything) from those remaining 12 pills.
    Does the 17-HD do nything for you?

    I would really love to be able to read a log or user feedback on this stuff that's NOT on the "customer" review section at some retasil site...
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    ive heard it gives good energy/strength preworkout but 12 pills? Just take it already. what is pro test?
  5. Advanced Member
    East1600Plus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    378
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    54.56%

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump
    ive heard it gives good energy/strength preworkout but 12 pills? Just take it already. what is pro test?
    pro testosterone...ya i only have 12 pills left and it gave me pretty good energy pre-football games along with the adrenaline rush i would get
  6. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    i hated the sample I tried. I took it as directed pre-workout, hit my 2 mile run, and halfway through thought mY heart was going to explode. My heartrate was severly elevated to the point it felt dangerous. I stopped my run, and continued on with my workout unaffected for good or bad.

    F that ****.
  7. New Member
    tws62001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    98
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    0%

    17 HD Scam?


    Quote Originally Posted by East1600Plus
    well im taking NHA stack and ALRI stuff (soon to switch to some ON Vassive Stack with BCAA's and Citrulline) but ya anyways would adding the rest of my 17-HD bottle effect my NHA stack negatively? i have 12 pills left i took 1 pill before every football game this year lol...or should i just wait to use them after my NHA stack till i get another stack of pro test? (looking at the new 4-AD if the test morpheous is doing comes out good)


    ** Androgenic's review of 17-HD **

    I will explain how this product bothers me on an unparalleled scale. It is what is wrong with the industry. Shawn Ray uses it…hmm. This product is deceptive, trying to sound like a prohormone or even a potent steroid. The company has stated they did not decide on the name or try and be deceptive it was what the “scientist” (seriously) named it...so that's what they went with...HAHAHA! Even if they have a "scientist" of some sort, which they probably don't, that guy is not in control of their financial fate in the naming/marketing/advertising of the product.

    17-HD (17-Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone): To review the choice of name here, by marketing NOT SCIENCE…let’s review.

    1.)17 – As is c17a, the 17th carbon at the alpha position is where anabolic steroids have their potency and toxicity and often is where a methyl group is as attached.
    2.)Halo – Besides being a great X-Box game, it is another group of steroids such as the popular halotestin, also halodrol is quite popular in the prohormone world.
    3.)Methyl – See #1. Also – see buzz word of the year (#2 is ethyl ester)
    4.)Dianadrone – Diana(bol) aka methandrostenolone, comes pretty close to hitting the whole 17-HD name is one fall swoop.
    5.)17-HD, or 17-Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone, sounds like a chemical compound doesn’t it? Sounds like one heck of a methylated potent oral steroid. Right?

    Guess what? It’s not. Matter of fact it’s just a bunch of herbs. I’d say this is pretty deceptive so far, but lets get into the useless or even counterproductive part.


    Here is the ingredients according to the write-up:

    17- Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone: 400mg
    Ge Gan (pueraria lobota)
    Smilax Officinalis
    N.O. Oliliacae

    Betaecdysterone 100mg
    Wild yam extract 100mg
    Glabra 100mg
    Phosphatidyl choline 50mg
    Citric acid 50mg

    ______________________________ ____________________ ________________
    We'll start with wild yam and go from there.
    Wild Yam is great at regulating estrogen...there's a potent benefit! And I will quote:

    "Wild yam has been used for menstrual cramps or pain, menopausal symptoms, rheumatic conditions, and gallbladder complaints. Wild yam is sometimes suggested as an alternative to hormone replacement therapy. While components of wild yam are chemically manufactured into the hormones progesterone or estrogen, the body is unable to use wild yam in the same way."


    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __
    Ge Gen is aka kudzu and I quote:

    "Chemicals extracted from kudzu include isoflavones known as daidzein, daidzin, genistein, and puerarin. Isoflavones are plant chemicals that have estrogenic and antioxidant effects."


    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __

    How 'bout Smilax? Let's go for the trifecta shall we? Smilax officinalis is also known as sarsparilla.
    I'll quote again...

    "In the United States, sarsaparilla is sold primarily as an oral remedy for skin conditions such as psoriasis. It is believed that chemicals in sarsaparilla may attach to endotoxins (the remnants of bacterial cells) that are common in individuals with psoriasis and certain other conditions. By eliminating or reducing the amounts of endotoxins in the body, sarsaparilla may help to relieve the condition.

    Orally, sarsaparilla also has weak diuretic and laxative effects, which may make it useful in promoting the loss of excess water from the body and also in treating mild constipation. It may also promote sweating, which may help to reduce fever. Additionally, sarsaparilla contains chemicals that may act as a mild expectorant – a substance that may loosen bronchial mucus and promote coughing. However, none of these effects has been verified through clinical studies and they may vary greatly depending on the amounts and type of sarsaparilla that is used. "

    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __
    Hmm...well we've established it raises estrogen, has laxative effects...is there anything else this miracle supplement can do for me you ask?

    Well I am glad you asked...Glabra is cute renaming (as every ingredient is and the product itself) of Glycyrrhiza glabra, aka Licorice. Licorice you say? Yes, THE ultimate bodybuilding supplement. And I will quote:

    "Licorice is also a mild laxative. Large doses of glycyrrhizinic acid and glycyrrhetinic acid in liquorice extract can lead to hypokalemia and serious increases in blood pressure, a syndrome known as apparent mineralocorticoid excess. These side effects stem from the inhibition of the enzyme 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (type 2) and subsequent increase in activity of cortisol on the kidney. 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase normally inactivates cortisol in the kidney; thus, licorice's inactivation of this enzyme makes the concentration of cortisol appear to increase. Cortisol acts at the same receptor as the hormone aldosterone in the kidney; thus, the effects mimic aldosterone excess, although aldosterone remains low or normal during licorice overdose. Cortisol does not actually increase either; however, its activity in the kidney effectively increases due to the disabling of this enzyme. To decrease the chances of these serious side effects, deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) preparations are available.

    Licorice affects the body's endocrine system. It can lower the amount of serum testosterone, but whether it affects the amount of free testosterone is unclear. A PubMed search for licorice AND testosterone will provide additional information."


    Well, cool, Licorice decrease testosterone, increases blood pressure and may increase catabolic hormones. Oh yeah, and again its a laxative.
    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __

    So lets tally up the results: we got elevated estrogen, decreased testosterone, increased cortisol, increased blood pressure, and 2 laxatives.

    Lastly, there is one ingredient listed that, in fact, does not exist…so I can’t tell you what it is other than it is an herb. N.O. (sounds like Nitric Oxide – Buzz Word!) Olilicae. Sorry. Given the collective data one WHAT IS IN THERE, I wouldn’t hope for much.

    Well the only thing of benefit I see here is the 50mg of Vitamin C (citric acid), which doesn't even meet the lowly RDA. Sweet formulation. Really.

    Good luck to anyone who uses this. The supplement industry loves you. OWNED???? YES I THINK SO



    Think the analysis holds water?

    All credit goes to the original writter of above 17 HD review. Taken from another site.
  8. Senior Member
    Leggo my Ego's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,487
    Rep Power
    847
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    66.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by tws62001
    ** Androgenic's review of 17-HD **

    I will explain how this product bothers me on an unparalleled scale. It is what is wrong with the industry. Shawn Ray uses it…hmm. This product is deceptive, trying to sound like a prohormone or even a potent steroid. The company has stated they did not decide on the name or try and be deceptive it was what the “scientist” (seriously) named it...so that's what they went with...HAHAHA! Even if they have a "scientist" of some sort, which they probably don't, that guy is not in control of their financial fate in the naming/marketing/advertising of the product.

    17-HD (17-Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone): To review the choice of name here, by marketing NOT SCIENCE…let’s review.

    1.)17 – As is c17a, the 17th carbon at the alpha position is where anabolic steroids have their potency and toxicity and often is where a methyl group is as attached.
    2.)Halo – Besides being a great X-Box game, it is another group of steroids such as the popular halotestin, also halodrol is quite popular in the prohormone world.
    3.)Methyl – See #1. Also – see buzz word of the year (#2 is ethyl ester)
    4.)Dianadrone – Diana(bol) aka methandrostenolone, comes pretty close to hitting the whole 17-HD name is one fall swoop.
    5.)17-HD, or 17-Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone, sounds like a chemical compound doesn’t it? Sounds like one heck of a methylated potent oral steroid. Right?

    Guess what? It’s not. Matter of fact it’s just a bunch of herbs. I’d say this is pretty deceptive so far, but lets get into the useless or even counterproductive part.


    Here is the ingredients according to the write-up:

    17- Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone: 400mg
    Ge Gan (pueraria lobota)
    Smilax Officinalis
    N.O. Oliliacae

    Betaecdysterone 100mg
    Wild yam extract 100mg
    Glabra 100mg
    Phosphatidyl choline 50mg
    Citric acid 50mg

    ______________________________ ____________________ ________________
    We'll start with wild yam and go from there.
    Wild Yam is great at regulating estrogen...there's a potent benefit! And I will quote:

    "Wild yam has been used for menstrual cramps or pain, menopausal symptoms, rheumatic conditions, and gallbladder complaints. Wild yam is sometimes suggested as an alternative to hormone replacement therapy. While components of wild yam are chemically manufactured into the hormones progesterone or estrogen, the body is unable to use wild yam in the same way."


    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __
    Ge Gen is aka kudzu and I quote:

    "Chemicals extracted from kudzu include isoflavones known as daidzein, daidzin, genistein, and puerarin. Isoflavones are plant chemicals that have estrogenic and antioxidant effects."


    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __

    How 'bout Smilax? Let's go for the trifecta shall we? Smilax officinalis is also known as sarsparilla.
    I'll quote again...

    "In the United States, sarsaparilla is sold primarily as an oral remedy for skin conditions such as psoriasis. It is believed that chemicals in sarsaparilla may attach to endotoxins (the remnants of bacterial cells) that are common in individuals with psoriasis and certain other conditions. By eliminating or reducing the amounts of endotoxins in the body, sarsaparilla may help to relieve the condition.

    Orally, sarsaparilla also has weak diuretic and laxative effects, which may make it useful in promoting the loss of excess water from the body and also in treating mild constipation. It may also promote sweating, which may help to reduce fever. Additionally, sarsaparilla contains chemicals that may act as a mild expectorant – a substance that may loosen bronchial mucus and promote coughing. However, none of these effects has been verified through clinical studies and they may vary greatly depending on the amounts and type of sarsaparilla that is used. "

    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __
    Hmm...well we've established it raises estrogen, has laxative effects...is there anything else this miracle supplement can do for me you ask?

    Well I am glad you asked...Glabra is cute renaming (as every ingredient is and the product itself) of Glycyrrhiza glabra, aka Licorice. Licorice you say? Yes, THE ultimate bodybuilding supplement. And I will quote:

    "Licorice is also a mild laxative. Large doses of glycyrrhizinic acid and glycyrrhetinic acid in liquorice extract can lead to hypokalemia and serious increases in blood pressure, a syndrome known as apparent mineralocorticoid excess. These side effects stem from the inhibition of the enzyme 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (type 2) and subsequent increase in activity of cortisol on the kidney. 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase normally inactivates cortisol in the kidney; thus, licorice's inactivation of this enzyme makes the concentration of cortisol appear to increase. Cortisol acts at the same receptor as the hormone aldosterone in the kidney; thus, the effects mimic aldosterone excess, although aldosterone remains low or normal during licorice overdose. Cortisol does not actually increase either; however, its activity in the kidney effectively increases due to the disabling of this enzyme. To decrease the chances of these serious side effects, deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) preparations are available.

    Licorice affects the body's endocrine system. It can lower the amount of serum testosterone, but whether it affects the amount of free testosterone is unclear. A PubMed search for licorice AND testosterone will provide additional information."


    Well, cool, Licorice decrease testosterone, increases blood pressure and may increase catabolic hormones. Oh yeah, and again its a laxative.
    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __

    So lets tally up the results: we got elevated estrogen, decreased testosterone, increased cortisol, increased blood pressure, and 2 laxatives.

    Lastly, there is one ingredient listed that, in fact, does not exist…so I can’t tell you what it is other than it is an herb. N.O. (sounds like Nitric Oxide – Buzz Word!) Olilicae. Sorry. Given the collective data one WHAT IS IN THERE, I wouldn’t hope for much.

    Well the only thing of benefit I see here is the 50mg of Vitamin C (citric acid), which doesn't even meet the lowly RDA. Sweet formulation. Really.

    Good luck to anyone who uses this. The supplement industry loves you. OWNED???? YES I THINK SO



    Think the analysis holds water?

    All credit goes to the original writter of above 17 HD review. Taken from another site.
    Damn! I have some 17-hd laying around and this makes never want to take it again... It did seem to give my workouts a boost when I took them before, I could have sworn it had caffeine in it or something... maybe that was a placebo effect. IDS also makes a version of this with pretty much identical ingredients called 17-hydroxy-mesterone (also deceptively named) of which I also have a bottle... damn
  9. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    20.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by tws62001
    ** Androgenic's review of 17-HD **

    I will explain how this product bothers me on an unparalleled scale. It is what is wrong with the industry. Shawn Ray uses it…hmm. This product is deceptive, trying to sound like a prohormone or even a potent steroid. The company has stated they did not decide on the name or try and be deceptive it was what the “scientist” (seriously) named it...so that's what they went with...HAHAHA! Even if they have a "scientist" of some sort, which they probably don't, that guy is not in control of their financial fate in the naming/marketing/advertising of the product.

    17-HD (17-Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone): To review the choice of name here, by marketing NOT SCIENCE…let’s review.



    1.)17 – As is c17a, the 17th carbon at the alpha position is where anabolic steroids have their potency and toxicity and often is where a methyl group is as attached.
    2.)Halo – Besides being a great X-Box game, it is another group of steroids such as the popular halotestin, also halodrol is quite popular in the prohormone world.
    3.)Methyl – See #1. Also – see buzz word of the year (#2 is ethyl ester)
    4.)Dianadrone – Diana(bol) aka methandrostenolone, comes pretty close to hitting the whole 17-HD name is one fall swoop.
    5.)17-HD, or 17-Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone, sounds like a chemical compound doesn’t it? Sounds like one heck of a methylated potent oral steroid. Right?

    Guess what? It’s not. Matter of fact it’s just a bunch of herbs. I’d say this is pretty deceptive so far, but lets get into the useless or even counterproductive part.


    Here is the ingredients according to the write-up:

    17- Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone: 400mg
    Ge Gan (pueraria lobota)
    Smilax Officinalis
    N.O. Oliliacae

    Betaecdysterone 100mg
    Wild yam extract 100mg
    Glabra 100mg
    Phosphatidyl choline 50mg
    Citric acid 50mg

    ______________________________ ____________________ ________________
    We'll start with wild yam and go from there.
    Wild Yam is great at regulating estrogen...there's a potent benefit! And I will quote:

    "Wild yam has been used for menstrual cramps or pain, menopausal symptoms, rheumatic conditions, and gallbladder complaints. Wild yam is sometimes suggested as an alternative to hormone replacement therapy. While components of wild yam are chemically manufactured into the hormones progesterone or estrogen, the body is unable to use wild yam in the same way."


    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __
    Ge Gen is aka kudzu and I quote:

    "Chemicals extracted from kudzu include isoflavones known as daidzein, daidzin, genistein, and puerarin. Isoflavones are plant chemicals that have estrogenic and antioxidant effects."


    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __

    How 'bout Smilax? Let's go for the trifecta shall we? Smilax officinalis is also known as sarsparilla.
    I'll quote again...

    "In the United States, sarsaparilla is sold primarily as an oral remedy for skin conditions such as psoriasis. It is believed that chemicals in sarsaparilla may attach to endotoxins (the remnants of bacterial cells) that are common in individuals with psoriasis and certain other conditions. By eliminating or reducing the amounts of endotoxins in the body, sarsaparilla may help to relieve the condition.

    Orally, sarsaparilla also has weak diuretic and laxative effects, which may make it useful in promoting the loss of excess water from the body and also in treating mild constipation. It may also promote sweating, which may help to reduce fever. Additionally, sarsaparilla contains chemicals that may act as a mild expectorant – a substance that may loosen bronchial mucus and promote coughing. However, none of these effects has been verified through clinical studies and they may vary greatly depending on the amounts and type of sarsaparilla that is used. "

    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __
    Hmm...well we've established it raises estrogen, has laxative effects...is there anything else this miracle supplement can do for me you ask?

    Well I am glad you asked...Glabra is cute renaming (as every ingredient is and the product itself) of Glycyrrhiza glabra, aka Licorice. Licorice you say? Yes, THE ultimate bodybuilding supplement. And I will quote:

    "Licorice is also a mild laxative. Large doses of glycyrrhizinic acid and glycyrrhetinic acid in liquorice extract can lead to hypokalemia and serious increases in blood pressure, a syndrome known as apparent mineralocorticoid excess. These side effects stem from the inhibition of the enzyme 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (type 2) and subsequent increase in activity of cortisol on the kidney. 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase normally inactivates cortisol in the kidney; thus, licorice's inactivation of this enzyme makes the concentration of cortisol appear to increase. Cortisol acts at the same receptor as the hormone aldosterone in the kidney; thus, the effects mimic aldosterone excess, although aldosterone remains low or normal during licorice overdose. Cortisol does not actually increase either; however, its activity in the kidney effectively increases due to the disabling of this enzyme. To decrease the chances of these serious side effects, deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) preparations are available.

    Licorice affects the body's endocrine system. It can lower the amount of serum testosterone, but whether it affects the amount of free testosterone is unclear. A PubMed search for licorice AND testosterone will provide additional information."


    Well, cool, Licorice decrease testosterone, increases blood pressure and may increase catabolic hormones. Oh yeah, and again its a laxative.
    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __

    So lets tally up the results: we got elevated estrogen, decreased testosterone, increased cortisol, increased blood pressure, and 2 laxatives.

    Lastly, there is one ingredient listed that, in fact, does not exist…so I can’t tell you what it is other than it is an herb. N.O. (sounds like Nitric Oxide – Buzz Word!) Olilicae. Sorry. Given the collective data one WHAT IS IN THERE, I wouldn’t hope for much.

    Well the only thing of benefit I see here is the 50mg of Vitamin C (citric acid), which doesn't even meet the lowly RDA. Sweet formulation. Really.

    Good luck to anyone who uses this. The supplement industry loves you. OWNED???? YES I THINK SO



    Think the analysis holds water?

    All credit goes to the original writter of above 17 HD review. Taken from another site.
    Wow, great first post...You must have really been inspired!!!
    I am as skeptical as anyone about lable claims and reported effacy of muscle building supplements. However I have taken this product and enjoyed its stimulating effects which I would compare to Divinal-type products. Similax has proven stimulating effects and has been around for years in such use...a soda pop!!(haha) not quite as stimulating as the cocaine the put in Coca-Cola, but more legal. Wild yam and licorice have been used for years for the effects stated and isoflavones are debatable as to their value to men.The post skipped the beta ecdysterone(?), which has had a lot of discussion on this board. Not every supplement works for every user and some even cause negative results, thats the game. There is no catch all.
    The whole sports enhancing supplement industry is suspect when it comes to guarenteed resuls. Lables are like newspaper covers, they are designed to make you buy the product.
    This board is an excellent place to help sort through the claims and record the hard data results. Thanks for your input
  10. Advanced Member
    East1600Plus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    378
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    54.56%

    Quote Originally Posted by tws62001
    ** Androgenic's review of 17-HD **

    I will explain how this product bothers me on an unparalleled scale. It is what is wrong with the industry. Shawn Ray uses it…hmm. This product is deceptive, trying to sound like a prohormone or even a potent steroid. The company has stated they did not decide on the name or try and be deceptive it was what the “scientist” (seriously) named it...so that's what they went with...HAHAHA! Even if they have a "scientist" of some sort, which they probably don't, that guy is not in control of their financial fate in the naming/marketing/advertising of the product.

    17-HD (17-Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone): To review the choice of name here, by marketing NOT SCIENCE…let’s review.

    1.)17 – As is c17a, the 17th carbon at the alpha position is where anabolic steroids have their potency and toxicity and often is where a methyl group is as attached.
    2.)Halo – Besides being a great X-Box game, it is another group of steroids such as the popular halotestin, also halodrol is quite popular in the prohormone world.
    3.)Methyl – See #1. Also – see buzz word of the year (#2 is ethyl ester)
    4.)Dianadrone – Diana(bol) aka methandrostenolone, comes pretty close to hitting the whole 17-HD name is one fall swoop.
    5.)17-HD, or 17-Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone, sounds like a chemical compound doesn’t it? Sounds like one heck of a methylated potent oral steroid. Right?

    Guess what? It’s not. Matter of fact it’s just a bunch of herbs. I’d say this is pretty deceptive so far, but lets get into the useless or even counterproductive part.


    Here is the ingredients according to the write-up:

    17- Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone: 400mg
    Ge Gan (pueraria lobota)
    Smilax Officinalis
    N.O. Oliliacae

    Betaecdysterone 100mg
    Wild yam extract 100mg
    Glabra 100mg
    Phosphatidyl choline 50mg
    Citric acid 50mg

    ______________________________ ____________________ ________________
    We'll start with wild yam and go from there.
    Wild Yam is great at regulating estrogen...there's a potent benefit! And I will quote:

    "Wild yam has been used for menstrual cramps or pain, menopausal symptoms, rheumatic conditions, and gallbladder complaints. Wild yam is sometimes suggested as an alternative to hormone replacement therapy. While components of wild yam are chemically manufactured into the hormones progesterone or estrogen, the body is unable to use wild yam in the same way."


    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __
    Ge Gen is aka kudzu and I quote:

    "Chemicals extracted from kudzu include isoflavones known as daidzein, daidzin, genistein, and puerarin. Isoflavones are plant chemicals that have estrogenic and antioxidant effects."


    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __

    How 'bout Smilax? Let's go for the trifecta shall we? Smilax officinalis is also known as sarsparilla.
    I'll quote again...

    "In the United States, sarsaparilla is sold primarily as an oral remedy for skin conditions such as psoriasis. It is believed that chemicals in sarsaparilla may attach to endotoxins (the remnants of bacterial cells) that are common in individuals with psoriasis and certain other conditions. By eliminating or reducing the amounts of endotoxins in the body, sarsaparilla may help to relieve the condition.

    Orally, sarsaparilla also has weak diuretic and laxative effects, which may make it useful in promoting the loss of excess water from the body and also in treating mild constipation. It may also promote sweating, which may help to reduce fever. Additionally, sarsaparilla contains chemicals that may act as a mild expectorant – a substance that may loosen bronchial mucus and promote coughing. However, none of these effects has been verified through clinical studies and they may vary greatly depending on the amounts and type of sarsaparilla that is used. "

    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __
    Hmm...well we've established it raises estrogen, has laxative effects...is there anything else this miracle supplement can do for me you ask?

    Well I am glad you asked...Glabra is cute renaming (as every ingredient is and the product itself) of Glycyrrhiza glabra, aka Licorice. Licorice you say? Yes, THE ultimate bodybuilding supplement. And I will quote:

    "Licorice is also a mild laxative. Large doses of glycyrrhizinic acid and glycyrrhetinic acid in liquorice extract can lead to hypokalemia and serious increases in blood pressure, a syndrome known as apparent mineralocorticoid excess. These side effects stem from the inhibition of the enzyme 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (type 2) and subsequent increase in activity of cortisol on the kidney. 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase normally inactivates cortisol in the kidney; thus, licorice's inactivation of this enzyme makes the concentration of cortisol appear to increase. Cortisol acts at the same receptor as the hormone aldosterone in the kidney; thus, the effects mimic aldosterone excess, although aldosterone remains low or normal during licorice overdose. Cortisol does not actually increase either; however, its activity in the kidney effectively increases due to the disabling of this enzyme. To decrease the chances of these serious side effects, deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) preparations are available.

    Licorice affects the body's endocrine system. It can lower the amount of serum testosterone, but whether it affects the amount of free testosterone is unclear. A PubMed search for licorice AND testosterone will provide additional information."


    Well, cool, Licorice decrease testosterone, increases blood pressure and may increase catabolic hormones. Oh yeah, and again its a laxative.
    ______________________________ ____________________ ______________________________ __

    So lets tally up the results: we got elevated estrogen, decreased testosterone, increased cortisol, increased blood pressure, and 2 laxatives.

    Lastly, there is one ingredient listed that, in fact, does not exist…so I can’t tell you what it is other than it is an herb. N.O. (sounds like Nitric Oxide – Buzz Word!) Olilicae. Sorry. Given the collective data one WHAT IS IN THERE, I wouldn’t hope for much.

    Well the only thing of benefit I see here is the 50mg of Vitamin C (citric acid), which doesn't even meet the lowly RDA. Sweet formulation. Really.

    Good luck to anyone who uses this. The supplement industry loves you. OWNED???? YES I THINK SO



    Think the analysis holds water?

    All credit goes to the original writter of above 17 HD review. Taken from another site.
    haha im thinking about printing this off and next time i go into GNC to look around and they try to tell me 17-HD is the best pro-test supplement around now im gonna show them this
  11. Board Supporter
    xtraflossy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    12329
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    21.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    Step away from GNC.
    -I don't think I'd get any pleaseure from showing this to some 16 year old kid who doesn't know crap about anything in the store, except marketing hype
  12. Advanced Member
    East1600Plus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    378
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    54.56%

    Quote Originally Posted by xtraflossy
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    Step away from GNC.
    -I don't think I'd get any pleaseure from showing this to some 16 year old kid who doesn't know crap about anything in the store, except marketing hype
    im trying to get a job at the GNC ..( i never buy **** from there but i need a job and the GNC some kind of supplement store would do best for me)...only thing is id actually give good advice to what type of products to take if i worked there lol
  13. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,983
    Rep Power
    986032
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    69.75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I'm wondering if Dianadrone is really supposed to be diandrone (aka DHEA). Lots of nomenclature and names for Dehydroandrosterone and many companies definitely take advantatge of this.

    Androsten-3beta-ol-17-one, 17-Chetovis, 17-Hormoforin, 3-beta-Hydroxy-5-androsten-17-one, 3-beta-hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one, 3-Hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one, 3.Beta.-Hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one, 3beta-hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one, 5, 6-Dehydroisoandrostorone, 5,6-Dehydroisoandrosterone, 5,6-Dehydroisoandrostorone, 5,6-Didehydroisoandrosterone, 5-Androsten-3-beta-ol-17-one, 5-Androsten-3B-ol-17-one, 5-Androstene-3beta-ol-17-one, 5-Dehydroepiandrosterone, 53-43-0, AIDS-159844, AIDS159844, Androst-5-en-17-one, 3-hydroxy-, (3.beta.)-, Androst-5-en-17-one, 3-hydroxy-, (3beta)-, Androst-5-en-17-one, 3.beta.-hydroxy-, Androst-5-en-17-one, 3beta-hydroxy-, Androstenolone, Astenile, CHEMBANK575070, Deandros, Dehydroandrosterone, Dehydroepiandrosterone, Dehydroisoandrosterone, DHA, DHEA, Diandron, Diandrone, Epiandrosterone, 5-dehydro-, NISTC53430, NSC9896, Prasterone, Psicosterone, trans-
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  14. Registered User
    Big BAMA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,409
    Rep Power
    1304
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    9.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I was given a bottle of 17-hd and told it was a great natural test booster. What a load of BS. All it did was give me one more pill to take. I felt or saw nothing from this. I think you would have a better result from Tribbulus Terrestis. It's natural and cheaper and works.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. HAVE ANYONE TRIED VYO-TECH 17 HD
    By wheels in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 02:12 PM
  2. Bridge between cycles/Alri's n' Gorge or 17 HD v-tech?
    By Lithuanian Bear in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 10:27 PM
  3. 17-HD = dbol
    By johndeer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2005, 11:17 PM
  4. LOL I just realized.. I like fat girls
    By Milo Hobgoblin in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in