creatine and cutting supps

  1. New Member
    calidood's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    338
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

    creatine and cutting supps


    I'm coming off of a halodrol cycle and about to start taking n'gorge with my pct. I was wondering, can you take any type of fat burner while taking creatine and nitric oxide? I've never taken any type of diet pill and was curious. I don't know much about thermogenics. Thought that might be something I could do? Obviously I wouldn't want to take a diuretic while taking creatine. Any and all info please let me know.

  2. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77391
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    15.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Well, personnaly, I respond "too" well to creatine, which makes me lose a lot of definition, and this will make cutting a lot more difficult for me. Up to you man. And no, it will not be dangerous.
  3. New Member
    calidood's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    338
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

    so you CAN take like...hydroxycut while on creatine? I would think that it would dry you out...and kinda defeat the purpose of the creatine.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Ziricote's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,430
    Rep Power
    1389
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    38.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn
    Well, personnaly, I respond "too" well to creatine, which makes me lose a lot of definition, and this will make cutting a lot more difficult for me. Up to you man. And no, it will not be dangerous.
    I don't think I'd call that responding too well to creatine, it's just one of the 'sides'. Generally I find that after a week of halting creatine supplementation the bloat is gone and my hard work is there to be seen so I wouldn't worry about using it during a cut.
  5. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,759
    Rep Power
    1040299

    IIRC, stimulants that are vasoconstrictors (ephedrine/ephedra) can be counterindicative if taken with vasodilators (NO's/yohimbine).

    I would assess your tolerance and observe your reaction for headaches, chest pains, palpatations and such.

    JMHO...FWIW
  6. New Member
    calidood's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    338
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

    cool...what kind of cutting supps have you guys used? What's the best in your oppinion for stripping fat and keeping muscle. I really only need to lose MAYBE eight lbs. I would like to do this maybe by x-mas. But as long as I lose like 3-4 lbs of fat by then I'll be happy.
  7. New Member
    calidood's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    338
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    IIRC, stimulants that are vasoconstrictors (ephedrine/ephedra) can be counterindicative if taken with vasodilators (NO's).

    I would assess your tolerance and observe your reaction for headaches, chest pains, palpatations and such.

    JMHO...FWIW
    OK thanks. I wasn't planning on usiing any ephedra. I heard that the FDA banned it already after it was just re-released. Anyways, I've never taken a cutting supp and have looked around but don't see all that much info on them. I don't wanna take hydroxycut hardcore cause it's kinda up there in price and I hate supporting muscletech but it's the only one I really know of that I know for sure works. So if anyone has any info on good supps PLEASE pass it on.
  8. New Member
    leanmass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    107
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    66%

    NO products work great with thermogenics(efedra free). But leave creatine out of this. I recommend an NO product mixed with bulk yohimbine, bulk green tea and bulk cafeine. This will give you a great stimulant effect, it will make you leanner without loosing mass and will help a lot on vascularity.
  9. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77391
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    15.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziricote
    I don't think I'd call that responding too well to creatine, it's just one of the 'sides'. Generally I find that after a week of halting creatine supplementation the bloat is gone and my hard work is there to be seen so I wouldn't worry about using it during a cut.
    This is why too is in brackets. I respond extremely well, but I seem to gain an incredible amount of water and I really hate it. I never saw someone retain water like I do when on mono... Anyways.. That was just my 2 cents.
  10. Registered User
    Ziricote's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,430
    Rep Power
    1389
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    38.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn
    This is why too is in brackets. I respond extremely well, but I seem to gain an incredible amount of water and I really hate it. I never saw someone retain water like I do when on mono... Anyways.. That was just my 2 cents.
    Mono? Do you not use CEE or any of the more efficiant forms of creatine? Mono is notorious for causing water bloat.
  11. New Member
    nvr2loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    263
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    56.09%

    Quote Originally Posted by leanmass
    NO products work great with thermogenics(efedra free). But leave creatine out of this. I recommend an NO product mixed with bulk yohimbine, bulk green tea and bulk cafeine. This will give you a great stimulant effect, it will make you leanner without loosing mass and will help a lot on vascularity.
    I wouldn'y mix the NO-product with Green Tea or Caffeine since that would kind of defeat the purpose. They would cancel each other out.
  12. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10346
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    98.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by calidood
    What's the best in your oppinion for stripping fat and keeping muscle.
    aerobic exercise
  13. Board Supporter
    scott72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    807
    Rep Power
    537
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    14.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    aerobic exercise
    Along with a solid diet for starters...Supplements are exactly that, they supplement a good diet and exercise program..
  14. New Member
    leanmass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    107
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    66%

    Quote Originally Posted by nvr2loud
    I wouldn'y mix the NO-product with Green Tea or Caffeine since that would kind of defeat the purpose. They would cancel each other out.
    it worked great for me.
  15. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77391
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    15.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziricote
    Mono? Do you not use CEE or any of the more efficiant forms of creatine? Mono is notorious for causing water bloat.
    I did use CEE also, but I have had better pumps with mono, and better results so I might stick to this one. I am considering CG but I ain't too sure yet.
  16. New Member
    calidood's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    338
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    aerobic exercise
    Well the plan's not to sit on the bouch all day and just use a suplement to try and lose weight. I'm not angry or anything. But don't automatically assume someone's an idiot when they ask a question. I do cardio three times a week and I eat fairly well. There are times sometimes when I can't eat as well as i would like. But for the most part, I get my protein, stay away from fried foods, all that stuff. Just looking to try and get rid of a few pounds around the waist that won't budge even with the cardio and diet.
  17. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10346
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    98.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by calidood
    Well the plan's not to sit on the bouch all day and just use a suplement to try and lose weight. I'm not angry or anything. But don't automatically assume someone's an idiot when they ask a question. I do cardio three times a week and I eat fairly well. There are times sometimes when I can't eat as well as i would like. But for the most part, I get my protein, stay away from fried foods, all that stuff. Just looking to try and get rid of a few pounds around the waist that won't budge even with the cardio and diet.
    Well then green tea extract has solid scientific evidence behind it as a long term weight maintenance agent.

    Synergy Muscle has a new product currently called Yellow Gold (being renamed) that's out of stock at the moment but about to be re-released that has great user feedback (taking it myself). Try a search here at AM for "yellow gold" to learn more.

    CLA has some decent scientific evidence for long-term weight management.

    Chitosan just got a boost in a double-blind placebo controlled study posted in the Journal of Clinical Nutrition showing that taking it with fatty meals prevents absorbtion of the fats.

    IBE has an interesting energy pill called X-Force which has rave reviews and no apparent side effects.
  18. New Member
    calidood's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    338
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    Well then green tea extract has solid scientific evidence behind it as a long term weight maintenance agent.

    Synergy Muscle has a new product currently called Yellow Gold (being renamed) that's out of stock at the moment but about to be re-released that has great user feedback (taking it myself). Try a search here at AM for "yellow gold" to learn more.

    CLA has some decent scientific evidence for long-term weight management.

    Chitosan just got a boost in a double-blind placebo controlled study posted in the Journal of Clinical Nutrition showing that taking it with fatty meals prevents absorbtion of the fats.

    IBE has an interesting energy pill called X-Force which has rave reviews and no apparent side effects.
    Thanks for the info. I thought about taking CLA for a while and see how it is. I hear it's good for keeping off fat and keeping on muscle. Yellow Gold huh? I'll check that out. Thanks again for the help.
  19. New Member
    TexN343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    119
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    73.11%

    Quote Originally Posted by calidood
    OK thanks. I wasn't planning on usiing any ephedra. I heard that the FDA banned it already after it was just re-released. Anyways, I've never taken a cutting supp and have looked around but don't see all that much info on them. I don't wanna take hydroxycut hardcore cause it's kinda up there in price and I hate supporting muscletech but it's the only one I really know of that I know for sure works. So if anyone has any info on good supps PLEASE pass it on.
    Ephedrine is the best cutting supp. period. You can still buy it. It's legal because of it's purposes for asthma. Look for a product called Vasapro or Vasopro I forget the spelling. I would do your research on this because you can overdose and die. Just a warning to stick to the recommended dose. I would check BP regularly. I had a random nose bleed taking too much one time. BP was sky high. Supporting supps. would be a great idea. I wouldn't start cutting untill you solidfy you gains from the PH. It would suck if you cut all your gains away.
  20. New Member
    calidood's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    338
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    12.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by TexN343
    Ephedrine is the best cutting supp. period. You can still buy it. It's legal because of it's purposes for asthma. Look for a product called Vasapro or Vasopro I forget the spelling. I would do your research on this because you can overdose and die. Just a warning to stick to the recommended dose. I would check BP regularly. I had a random nose bleed taking too much one time. BP was sky high. Supporting supps. would be a great idea. I wouldn't start cutting untill you solidfy you gains from the PH. It would suck if you cut all your gains away.
    Yeah I was thinking about that. I'll probably wait until like a month and a half after I had finished the PH. I was thinking about thermo shred. I got a hold of a bottle for like 10 bucks from some guy who had bought 3 bottles for cheap and only needed 2. You guys ever tried it?
  21. Registered User
    Ziricote's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,430
    Rep Power
    1389
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    38.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by calidood
    Thanks for the info. I thought about taking CLA for a while and see how it is. I hear it's good for keeping off fat and keeping on muscle. Yellow Gold huh? I'll check that out. Thanks again for the help.
    The product's name is Anabolic-Pump, it's a refined version of "Yellow Gold" and will surely prove itself.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Supps for Strength and Cutting
    By Tomazao in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 05:32 PM
  2. Creatine, creatine mono and cutting
    By Boyders in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 06:59 PM
  3. Question about Creatine and cutting...
    By IronMarc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2006, 05:26 PM
  4. Cutting supps how to take and should i mix them?
    By talk2marvin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 04:00 AM
  5. ph's and cutting
    By snoopy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in