Creatine, before bed?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So usually creatine and its many forms are used pre and post workout correct? well if you used it pre workout CEE lets say, then post workout had a small meal or shake but were going to sleep right after, would you still take your postworkout creatine?

I have been working out before bed and at the end of my day lately due to work schedule etc. I havent been taking my post CEE because i am under the impression that creatine is used for muscular energy and since your sleeping it would be a waste.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Take or no take? thanks

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
If I were to take creatine before bed I would take very little of it, the last thing I want is to wake up dehydrated.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
So usually creatine and its many forms are used pre and post workout correct? well if you used it pre workout CEE lets say, then post workout had a small meal or shake but were going to sleep right after, would you still take your postworkout creatine?

I have been working out before bed and at the end of my day lately due to work schedule etc. I havent been taking my post CEE because i am under the impression that creatine is used for muscular energy and since your sleeping it would be a waste.

I think you are sort of misunderstanding how creatine works. The only time you tap into your creatine stores are during periods of anerobic exercise. Therefore pretty much no matter what you do post workout your body won't be using it (or wasting it). The primary reason to take creatine post workout is because that is when absorbtion is best, from there it is stored until you perform some kind of anerobic exercise.

That being said, IMO, you should take the cee IMMEDIATLY after your workout. Reason being the whole point of taking it post workout is to optimize absorbtion, therefore taking it after a meal or shake will hinder it somewhat.

delton

delton

Awards

I would say no, because if you drink as much water as you should when you take it, then you'll get woken up by your bladder in the early part of the night, when your body is getting its deepest rest.

More details, if you're intersted:

I've been taking CEE for a couple of years now (with an occasionaly off-time). If you're taking it correctly, you should be drinking LOTS of water at the same time. For example, I dissolve 2-3 grams of CEE in about 16 oz of water (lukewarm works best for me, 'cause then I can drink it faster), with something sour added to help with the taste. Then I always drink another 16 oz of water or other fluid immediately afterwards. I do this on an empy stomach, but I usually have a nutrient shake right afterwards (that's the second 16 oz for me).

Normally I wouldn't be able to drink that much liquid that quickly, and the fact that it's no problem with the CEE is testament to how quickly the CEE is absorbed and how much it forces water (and accompanying nutrients) into your tissues.

Still, it doesn't all stay inside! Drink that much liquid and you will have a full bladder within a couple of hours.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In high school @ during baseball season I was takeing it in the am, pre,post, and before bed. 5 grams each. I tell u it was the sh*t but......it kept me up for up to 2 hours after I took it. I dont see any reason why u shouldnt take creatine before bed. I dont have much knowledge about the CEE, i only have used that @ 2gr. pre-post.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
The fact that creatine draws water to itself has nothing to do with whether it is stored or not, that is more or less a side effect. Post workout is still the best time time take your creatine. Drink a lot of water all day and you'll be just fine.

heavyduty

heavyduty

Awards
Sizeon is meant to be taken before bed, and it works damn good for me.

delton

delton

Awards
Sizeon is meant to be taken before bed, and it works damn good for me.
This is directly from the Gaspari Sizeon labeling:

"Directions: Take 6-8 tablets once per day in the morning (everyday) with 16-20 ounces of water or juice. Do not take within 1 hour of bedtime."

Sizeon is creatine gluconate and a bunch of other stuff, so it's not a direct comparison to CEE (creatine ethyl ester). Sounds like good stuff... but my budget constrains me to the straight CEE (a kilo of CEE costs $35).

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well in particular I am taking CEE but i was refering to just about any other creatine as well as they all have the same principle right?

Im probably gonna buy some mono soon and switch it up.

heavyduty

heavyduty

Awards
This is directly from the Gaspari Sizeon labeling:

"Directions: Take 6-8 tablets once per day in the morning (everyday) with 16-20 ounces of water or juice. Do not take within 1 hour of bedtime."

Sizeon is creatine gluconate and a bunch of other stuff, so it's not a direct comparison to CEE (creatine ethyl ester). Sounds like good stuff... but my budget constrains me to the straight CEE (a kilo of CEE costs $35).
Yea thats the tablets, i was referring to the powder(which is much better) which is suppossed to be taken right before bed.