Fat loss supplement stack

knightowl

Awards
I am planning on a little recomp/cut for 3 -4 weeks or so . I will be carbcycling ( I have tried it before with great success 2-3% body fat loss in 15 days and a little lbm gain )

will be using : melting point /sesamin/ Hyperdrive/xceed/lean green

I am 6 '2 190lbs 14-15% bf

I am thinking

1 caps ALRI hyperdrive 3.0 in the morning
4 caps Melting point: 2 in the morning and 2 mid day
3 sesamin soft gels , 3 times a day after breakfast meal ( probably lunch / dinner and one before bed)
3 caps lean green 3 times a day ( 1 right after workout )
6 fishoil soft gels , 3 times a day same time as the sesamin

and Xceed+ BCAA during workout

also I am hearing a lot of people are very lethargic on mp and sesamin so I am going to use digestive enzymes to help.

Any thoughts on this ?

I am carb cycling so fat intake is going to be high
40% fat 50% protein 10% carbs on no carb days
15% fat 40% protein 50% carbs on high carb days
with no low carb days but carbs after workouts ( whether it is a no carb or high carb day)

Any thoughts on the above supplement stack with carb cycling? Wondering if the high fat intake from no carb days matters and if the above combo is a good go

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like a really good plan, actually. I would go the Avant's Sesathin, though.

knightowl

Awards
Thanks dsade!

I already have a sesamin bottle lying around waiting for me! still a little skeptic about the whole guggul issue with ALRI hyperdrive though.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Take at least two caps of Lean Green at once rather than dosing them one at a time.

You can read why here:
Green Tea Extract Supplement Profile

I've pasted the relevant paragraph below:

The amount required to achieve saturation in humans varies from study to study. Using tea leaves, one study found 3.0 grams to increase plasma EGCG levels by 2.7-3.4 times as much as 1.5 grams, while the difference between 3.0 grams and 4.5 grams was not statistically significant [90]. However, a study measuring antioxidant potential of green tea leaves found that 2.5, 5.0, and 7.5 increased plasma antioxidant potential by 2.1%, 6.2%, and 12.7% respectively at the 120 minute mark, indicating that 7.5 grams was over twice as effective as 5.0 grams [61]. 7.5 grams equates to about 375 mg of EGCG (note that this is only an approximation), and a pharmacokinetic study with green tea extract yielded a similar result. Amounts containing 225, 375, and 525 mg EGCG raised plamsa concentrations by 657, 4300, 4410 pmol/mL, respectively [91]. However, in a last study, despite the fact that 400 mg EGCG (from an extract) overcame saturation as opposed to 200 mg (the AUC, in this case a measure of total bioavailability, was 23.0 and 64.9 respectively), 600 mg and 800 mg amounts kept getting significantly more effective, with AUCs of 111.1 and 258.2 respectively [92]. The maximum plasma concentrations similarly increased. It is also noteworthy that this study found that it took 600, not 400 mg of pure EGCG (without other catechins) to overcome saturation, once again emphasizing that the other catechins operate synergistically with EGCG.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
The next paragraph in the same article:

With this data in mind, we could safetly say, for example, that taking an extract containing 400 mg EGCG once daily would be considerably more effective than 200 mg twice daily. Increasing this amount to 600 mg may or may not have a significant effect, depending on the study we look at. Either way, a minumum of 400 mg EGCG should be taken at a time to overcome saturation. An ideal dosing schedule would be 400 mg 2-3 times daily, while a more economical (but still very effective) one would be 400 mg once daily (preferably in the pre-workout period).

Since each Lean Green cap contains 250mg EGCG, then two capsules per dose falls into the ideal range.

knightowl

Awards
Any other opinions ? what about lean green timing ? when would be the best time to take it ?

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I take my first dose of two capsules when I wake up, and my second dose with dinner. This isn't really based on any research I've read, just on my reasoning that it's best to ensure even distribution throughout the day.

knightowl

Awards
Thanks for the reply TS ,
Since I am going on a "cutting cycle " would it be advisable that I take 3 doses a day then ( 2 caps each dose so 6 in total) spread throughout the day ?

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I don't know of any reason why taking 3x per day would hurt, and it may help. (Green tea extract has lots of health benefits and no real side effects.) But I haven't seen any research using dosages that high or frequent, so I really have no idea. Perhaps someone who is more familiar with Green Tea can chime in...

knightowl

Awards
I don't know of any reason why taking 3x per day would hurt, and it may help. (Green tea extract has lots of health benefits and no real side effects.) But I haven't seen any research using dosages that high or frequent, so I really have no idea. Perhaps someone who is more familiar with Green Tea can chime in...
I agree ! anybody see any benefit or anything wrong with taking such dose?

Another question : how much acetyl l-carnitine should I take and what kind of timing ? ( i am planning on 1 - 1.5 gms prior to workout like 15 min before )

ZoMbSta

Awards
I agree ! anybody see any benefit or anything wrong with taking such dose?

Another question : how much acetyl l-carnitine should I take and what kind of timing ? ( i am planning on 1 - 1.5 gms prior to workout like 15 min before )
isnt l-carnitine's oral bioavailablility poor?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
isnt l-carnitine's oral bioavailablility poor?
acetyl-L-carnitine != L-carnitine

ALCAR is plenty bioavailable, and you have your dosage about right.

knightowl

Awards
acetyl-L-carnitine != L-carnitine

ALCAR is plenty bioavailable, and you have your dosage about right.
Thanks D sade!

would it be anymore beneficial to take 6 pills of green tea extract ( split into 3 doses during the day ) vs 4 pills split into 2 doses ( since I am in recomp ?)
what about around workout time how should I dose green tea extract and what kind of timing ?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would split the green tea into 3 doses, if you can remember, with one dose in the morning, one before lunch, one before workout.

knightowl

Awards
Thank you.

One more question :
is it ok to take xceed during workout or it is best pre and post? along with bcaas

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you.

One more question :
is it ok to take xceed during workout or it is best pre and post? along with bcaas
I would take Xceed preworkout...BCAAs during workout.