splenda?

1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

splenda?

Ok. a friend of mine emailed me some links to negative articles about splenda. anyone know if there is any truth to it?

2. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor

well without seeing the links sort of hard to do.

I will say this on the internet you can find something bad about just about anything.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Splenda contains maltodextrin. I had this conversation with a group of guys in another thread. Give me a minute and I'll dig it up for you.

Found it:
    any word on if you guys will carry Sucralose?

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    The Glycemic Index = 137

Bodybuilding.com - ISSA - The Glycemic Index! = 105

Does maltodextrin have the same nutrition facts as dextrose? = 137

GLYCEMIC INDEX = 105

The Glycemic Index - this site lead me to a revelation...it appears some lists use white bread as there base for 100 and others use glucose.

When white bread is used as the basis of comparison maltodextrin scores a 150, but when glucose is used as the basis of comparison maltodextrin only scores a 105.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Basically, maltodextrin has a pretty high GI and Splenda is cut with maltodextrin. Moral of the story? I should have bought the pure sucralose when AI had it on sale...now I'll have to wait for NP to carry it in bulk, b/c I don't think AI carries it anymore.
  5. Registered User

splenda cut with malto..say what?

imo...id use as little as possble.ive been shying away from it lately

ive been tinkering with stevia these days.seems like it mayb e a real winner.sweet,natural,no cal/sugar....stress the NATURAL part.ppl can talk till their blue in the face about how its harmless,but anything altered and unnatural has a high probability of having a detrimental effect on the body and mind.especially if used in excess.now..what is 'excess' to where it will have a tangible negative effect?hard to say...if u do a search on this site itll have alot of good info on this subject.i believe alan aragon has talked alot about it.something about it not haveing a metabolic pathway or some such thing.also seems that while the proponents of splenda say its totally benign and none of it absorbs,but just passes thru your system.....seems a percentage of it actually DOES absorb.now..where does that go?or what does it do while accumulating in your tissues?things to think about
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut333
    splenda cut with malto..say what?

imo...id use as little as possble.ive been shying away from it lately

ive been tinkering with stevia these days.seems like it mayb e a real winner.sweet,natural,no cal/sugar....
    SPLENDAŽ Brand Sweetener - Welcome to a World of Sweetness

Quote Originally Posted by FROM SPLENDA WEBSITE
    What is SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener?

SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener contains sucralose (SPLENDAŽ Brand Sweetener), the no calorie sweetener made from sugar, so it tastes like sugar, with no unpleasant aftertaste. SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener can be used virtually anywhere sugar is used. It can also be used in cooking and baking in a variety of recipes. Like many no and low calorie sweeteners, each serving of SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener contains a very small amount of common food ingredients, e.g., dextrose and/or maltodextrin, for volume. Because the amount of these ingredients is so small, SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener still has an insignificant calorie value per serving and meets FDA's standards for "no calorie" sweeteners.
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Splenda (Sucralose) Toxicity Exposed
    > Sugar substitutes and the potential danger of Splenda
    > THE LETHAL SCIENCE OF SPLENDA, A POISONOUS CHLOROCARBON
    > LETTER TO THE NEW YORK TIMES REGARDING THEIR ARTICLE ON HEADACHES AND ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS <- "Splenda
    > causes migraines and seizures"

I agree with crowler you can find anything neg. about anything on the net. thats why I asked here so I could get the truth, or close to it.
  8. Registered User

I read those articles before. Everyone knows that aspartame is bad, even though it was approved. It's the best ant killer... Now Splenda is starting to go down IMO, just like aspartame did. I would try to stay away from those unknown chemichals, and forget the sweet taste. You get used to it. I tried to cut out aspartame. It's been about two months, and I feel perfect. I guess it's a risk to take. Some people smoke, and live up to 90-95 years old, others will be in perfect health, and bam. They leave at 65. If you stay away from all those chemichals, You increase your health big time IMO. Just my 2 cents..
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I drink tons of splenda drink mix... Hope it's not harmfull dammit...
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

If you're into splenda free protein's that taste okay, ON has one with chocolate and vanilla. They do use fructose and it's 5 grams of carbs per serving so keep that in mind. There are more protein's being made without sucralose but they're not as good as the ones with it

P.S. Don't worry about the Splenda that much. Worry about real things that can kill you like terrorists or North Korean nukes
  11. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor

chloronated sorbitol

Some have theorized that it may be a source of calories, while others say the chlorine 'confuses' the necessary digestive enzymes. Regardless, it's over 100X sweeter than sugar, only needing trace amounts to be effective.

Hey, at least it doesn't metabolize into the highly toxic methanol like aspartame does.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Splenda article
    By rugger48 in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 10:28 PM
  2. Thoughts about Splenda
    By Pitbull954 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 02:35 AM
  3. Cinnimon and Splenda Bagel
    By IRserge in forum Recipes