need some help and opinion

BlueZR2Stud

Awards
Hey guys, i'm new to the site but not new to lifting and working out. Im 19 and been lifting pretty regularly and hard for about 2 yrs now. I need some help on some supplements to take. I am one of those "hard gainers" and would like to build up some muscle mass and strength. I've tried creatine, protein, all that good stuff but nothing seems to work well. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks guys

BlueZR2Stud

Awards
Well, I'm not fat. I have nice muscle tone, just doesnt seem to get bigger. Im not exactly sure about body fat, last time I had it checked was in the middle of H.S. wrestling season. lol but I would guess its under or around 10

BlueZR2Stud

Awards
I train 3 days a week, im around 5'10-5'11 and 145-150. My diet is pretty much eat when I can and what I can. Im in college and who knows what kind of food that is in the cafeteria but I also am currently taking protein shakes. Im pretty much looking for something that is going to give me some mass and bulk up.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NO, NO, NO!!!

5'11" - 145lbs. EAT. Steroids are not for you!

We don't discuss steroids with those under 21.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys, i'm new to the site but not new to lifting and working out. Im 19 and been lifting pretty regularly and hard for about 2 yrs now. I need some help on some supplements to take. I am one of those "hard gainers" and would like to build up some muscle mass and strength. I've tried creatine, protein, all that good stuff but nothing seems to work well. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks guys
There are no hardgainers, just people seeking excuses instead of solutions.

BlueZR2Stud

Awards
HAHA thats real funny because the last 6 yrs I have been losing weight(average about 12-20 lbs) for 6 months of the year due to the sport of wrestling. I think after that long of consistant weight loss, u can say my body is used to it. So yea, i would consider myself a HARDGAINER

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wrestlers are notorious for trying to make a lower weight class. You need to get back to eating so you can grow. Without calories you won't grow. That means eating all the time not when you can. You body will thank you for it.

Good luck.

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wrestlers are notorious for trying to make a lower weight class. You need to get back to eating so you can grow. Without calories you won't grow. That means eating all the time not when you can. You body will thank you for it.

Good luck.
Yeah What He Said !!!!!!!:study:

BlueZR2Stud

Awards
Yea I eat as much and as often as I can...anything out there thats not a steroid u guys suggest?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chicken, tuna, beef, eggs, cottage cheese, oatmeal, protein powder and creatine.

You cannot possibly be eating enough at 5'10" and 145lbs.

6 meals and 2700-3000cals a day. You'll grow like a weed.

Get a burger :burger:

NDjets78

Awards
EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, and EAT some more

also, what do you take PWO?

just whey PWO is not enough ya wanna try and get some carbs in there too

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
HAHA thats real funny because the last 6 yrs I have been losing weight(average about 12-20 lbs) for 6 months of the year due to the sport of wrestling. I think after that long of consistant weight loss, u can say my body is used to it. So yea, i would consider myself a HARDGAINER
quite the contrary, l putting the body in a catabolic state for a period of time will upregulate various receptors, making it easier and easier to gain weight.

If you're 5'11", 145lbs, and have only been training for 2 years, I highly doubt your body has reached it's genetic limitations. If they have, you should probably contact the folks at Guiness because that's probably a world record. I'd recommend you check out the diet and training sections and re-assess what you are doing in the gym.

Second point I want to make (which is more of a political statement) is that instead of asking what is wrong with your diet/training protocol, you are asking if there are any supplements out there that will put mass on you. The answer is quite simple: no. Supplements are only the cherry on top of your mass-building sundae (if the analogy works for you); a sundae needs it's ice cream, chocolate fudge, and whipped cream first; otherwise, it's just going to be a sh*tty maraschino sitting inside an empty bowl.

So back to what I was saying earilier, hardgainers are looking for excuses, not solutions. If you did start to take a supplement, and didn't make gains, I can pretty much guarantee you'd say that supplement didn't work, or you were just a "non-responder". There's been people who've said they're "non-responders" to superdrol. I had a friend who gave himself the same "hardgainer" label, took anadrol, and only made gains in back hair.

As strength coach, Charles Staley once said, "The best training routine is the one you're not on." So when are you going to quit kidding yourself and realize that your status quo just isn't cutting it?

jet11

Awards
dude i thought i was a hard gainer, but i got serious, lifted weights like a pro, and ate like a homeless guy at a free buffet, and put on 10lbs in a little over a month. the key is eating every 3 hours, eating clean, and lifting to the max every time. if you eat 100 more cals than you need every day, you will gain, supps arent gonan pack on much else