Ok all you stimulant wh*res...

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Answers

Red face Ok all you stimulant wh*res...

So I know there's a bunch of you out there like me who reallly <3 their stims and have built a crazy tolerance, but experience withdrawal symptoms without some sort of upper.

So my question is: have any of you successfully cut out stims, if even only for a few months to build your tolerance back up? If so, how? Did you taper down or go cold turkey? Is there any foods/supps/exercizes I can do to minimize the withdrawal? I'm in college and work 3 jobs (one of which is with children) so I can't afford the massive headaches and fatigue.

Thanks!

Answers

Man I got off ephedra for 4mths couldnt find , Now I have it again and I have to take more to feel it. I thought it would have been less.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Wait til you get sick, then go cold turkey. You'll feel like ass anyway, and my even have time off, dunno what your situation is. Then dose up on nyquil/dayquil, and kill the monster on the spot. By the time you get well, you'll be over the withdrawl.

Works for me every time...
    •   

4. Gold Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faerieeyes3
    So I know there's a bunch of you out there like me who reallly <3 their stims and have built a crazy tolerance, but experience withdrawal symptoms without some sort of upper.

So my question is: have any of you successfully cut out stims, if even only for a few months to build your tolerance back up? If so, how? Did you taper down or go cold turkey? Is there any foods/supps/exercizes I can do to minimize the withdrawal? I'm in college and work 3 jobs (one of which is with children) so I can't afford the massive headaches and fatigue.

Thanks!
    Why not try something like Basics cuts? It has caffeine it it however but I find the other ingredients really help ween me off
    "stronger stims".

Roboe mentioned this to me in a chat we were having:

"There is a suggestion that PEA may work via the adrenergic receptors, but the effect is quite minimal. PEA yields a more energising/focusing type trance than a bounce-off-the-walls-with-clen-or-ephedrine effect. ..."

But if you need to cut down on ALL stims including caffein what I do is bring 1 cap of caffeine to work with me and only take it when I'm going nuts and then I have no more
    Last edited by Rivet; 10-29-2006 at 01:03 PM.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

You have to cut the caffeine down slowly. I have to do it over a week or so. Down to maybe one can of diet soda on the last 2 days.

I'll get a slight headache on the first day off - but it's not massive like quitting cold turkey.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks!

Your best bet is to avoid pre-workout supplements with caffeine if you are experiencing any kind of withdrawal. I say this due to the fact that caffeine is the only thing that I can think of, that would cause adverse effects such as the headaches that you are experiencing. I would suggest the taper method for your situation.

I use a non-caffeinated blend. I use it every time I exercise, and if I discontinue use, I do not experience any negative effects.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by poison
    Wait til you get sick, then go cold turkey. You'll feel like ass anyway, and my even have time off, dunno what your situation is. Then dose up on nyquil/dayquil, and kill the monster on the spot. By the time you get well, you'll be over the withdrawl.

Works for me every time...
    Can remember the last time I got really debilitated by sickness... I have a strong immune system. I'm thinking for the long weekend we get over thanksgiving break of trying the nyquil thing and just being useless. But I feel like subbing one dependence on a drug with another drug is a bad idea.
  8. Board Supporter
    Answers

Can remember the last time I got really debilitated by sickness... I have a strong immune system. I'm thinking for the long weekend we get over thanksgiving break of trying the nyquil thing and just being useless. But I feel like subbing one dependence on a drug with another drug is a bad idea.
    Yes, it IS a bad idea,.. but honestly, if your really likn the stims,.. your not going to be "into" the downers too much.

Honestly, I have the same issue.
    The getting sick (not like you can control it really ) idea, or stopping when your pretty sick (flu or better ) is the way to go. The symptoms pretty much mimic withdrawls. Since your going to be sleeping anyways, you get to avoid the habbit of poppn' em, plus your going through withdrawl symptoms anyways...
    You can basicly just quit cold after that.
    The hard part is not relying on them again. And if your asking this, Im assuming were NOT talking strictly pre-W/O either :P

Whe./If ya go back on, of course you'll have a decreased tollerence at first. But it really doesnt take long to end up in the relhm of where you are now. Its NOTHING like the road you took to get where you are now,.. you'll get there (in both tolerence, relience and addiction) in a matter of days to weeks,... not months or years
  9. Gold Member
    Answers

Ive heard that tyrosine really helps your CNS recover from stim addiction fairly quickly. I dont know a whole lot about it yet, Dsade might be able to help you with this.

Jason
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Mine was replacing the stims with diet soda/coffee and then weened myself of those. Cold turkey didn't work at all and was actually very rough

I forgot how normal i could be without stims, hehe.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Mine was replacing the stims with diet soda/coffee and then weened myself of those. Cold turkey didn't work at all and was actually very rough

I forgot how normal i could be without stims, hehe.
    No diet soda or coffee for me... very high PH doesn't bode well for Acid Reflux. Then again, the stims probably aren't good for it either, but coffee and diet cola are the WORST
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Taper down gradually then. Staying on stims too long burns out more than just your recpetors it can a host of other issues.
  13. Gold Member
    Answers

No diet soda or coffee for me... very high PH doesn't bode well for Acid Reflux. Then again, the stims probably aren't good for it either, but coffee and diet cola are the WORST

Awww maybe stay away from the Basic Cuts then I don't know if the Cayenne will bother your Acid Relfux.
  14. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Answers

I tried them when I was losing the spare tires around my waist. I felt like vacuuming the ceiling. I hate speed. But coming off I had nausa. I try to stay away from heavy caffeine products. I hate the jumpy feeling and looking like a crackhead.
    There are better stimulates out there that don't have ephedrine or caffine and those are the ones that work for me.
  15. Gold Member
    Answers

StimulantX by Anabolic XTreme is BY FAR the strongest stimulant supplement I have taken. It lasts all day (and I mean all day, like 12-16 hours). If I take it in the morning, even at 8pm it feels like the temp is 5-10 deg hotter than it really is, and mentally it puts you in a great mood.

I normally drink 100mg of caffeine with breakfast and another 100mg pre-workout a few hours later, but when I take StimulantX I don't drink any caffeine and still feel wide awake.

Don't take it in the evening if you want to sleep. Just 1-2 capsules are enough. Take 3 or more at a time and you'll be flying.

IMO, it definitely is the only non-ephedrine supplement to have effects similar to ephedrine/amphetamines.
  16. Registered User
    Answers

cutting cold turkey isnt good for your health at all...i cut them all out a few years ago bc i used to drink coffee 24/7, but too much is bad for your adrenals.

basically cut it a little less every few days, then stay off 100% stimulants for about 3-4 weeks at the minimum...instead of sttims, you can get energy from amino acids and other things that do stimulate your mind, but not from caffeine
  17. Gold Member
    Answers

It should be noted that caffeine and ephedrine work through completely different neurochemical mechanisms - caffeine affects adenosine and ephedrine affects norepinephrine and dopamine. Continuing to use caffeine will not have any effect on ephedrine tolerance. If the caffeine helps with the headaches (which it probably will) and lethargy (which it will) then I recommend using it as you stop taking ephedrine.

Also, if you don't have enough ephedrine to wean yourself off, you can use Sudafed instead. (The real Sudafed containing pseudoephedrine that you now have to buy behind the counter. Not the new Sudafed PE.) Sudafed is pseudoephedrine, the stereoscopic isomer of ephedrine. Sudafed is far less active neurologically but it does have similar effects on the body, so replacing ephedrine with pseudoephedrine and then gradually tapering down your dose of pseudoephedrine will help with some of the withdrawal symptoms. (Pseudoephedrine does have some neurochemical effects, just to a lesser degree than ephedrine.)
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

try prominoplus. I dont use stimulants so maybe I'm sensitive, but it sure gave me a boost. In fact I had to stop taking it.
  19. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Answers

i personally like drinking yerba mate when not taking thermogenics. its a great, natural energy source thats healthy. yes, it still has SOME caffeine but nowhere near as high as stim supps. gives me clear thinking, focus, and well being as well.

i was a stim junkie at one point and did the cold turkey thing. the result was i got insanely depressed for a couple months. wouldnt recommend taking that route. taper down slowly.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Hulk,
    You probably got depressed because you live in New Mexico.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk
    i personally like drinking yerba mate when not taking thermogenics. its a great, natural energy source thats healthy. yes, it still has SOME caffeine but nowhere near as high as stim supps. gives me clear thinking, focus, and well being as well.

i was a stim junkie at one point and did the cold turkey thing. the result was i got insanely depressed for a couple months. wouldnt recommend taking that route. taper down slowly.
    I've done the cold turkey route many times.....
    I get intense headaches for probably 3 days and then i am fine. Am extremely tired as well. I go into it knowing that the headaches will end soon and it gets me through.

I never had the severe depression like hulk. That is scary! Certainly something to think about next time.
  22. Registered User
    Answers

Whenever I wheen of stims I just switch to green tea. It has much less caffeine and the theanine keeps you a little more relaxed.
  23. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by papa G
    Whenever I wheen of stims I just switch to green tea. It has much less caffeine and the theanine keeps you a little more relaxed.
    That is a good idea, i may try that next time.....
    (next month actually)
  24. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Hulk,
    You probably got depressed because you live in New Mexico.
    OMG, havent laughed that hard in awhile! yeah, it sucks here in new mexico. not many attractive women, night life sucks, poor college sports program, no sports franchise, i can go on forever. dont worry, ill be out of here soon
  25. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by macedaddy
    I never had the severe depression like hulk. That is scary! Certainly something to think about next time.
    i should mention also that i was experimenting with several nootropics at this time on top of the stims. something made me depressed but its quite possible that i was in a serious neurological imbalance. anyways, stopping all supps for a couple cured this. let me warn you that it got much worse after quitting before it got better. thats why i suggested the tapering route.
  26. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage
    StimulantX by Anabolic XTreme is BY FAR the strongest stimulant supplement I have taken....Don't take it in the evening if you want to sleep. Just 1-2 capsules are enough. Take 3 or more at a time and you'll be flying.

IMO, it definitely is the only non-ephedrine supplement to have effects similar to ephedrine/amphetamines.
    Just curious, have you tried X-Force? That stuff hits me like nothing else! Second place I'd have to say was the original Venom.

I haven't tried StimX yet...
  27. Gold Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by methusaleh
    Just curious, have you tried X-Force? That stuff hits me like nothing else! Second place I'd have to say was the original Venom.

I haven't tried StimX yet...
    Nope, haven't tried X-Force or Venom yet. Only StimX and Ergo's AMP, and just straight ephedra. Maybe I'll give X-Force a try though.

The Stim-X doesn't really hit you hard at first... comes on slow until you realize, a few hours later, that you're really amped up.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Definately get a sample of X-force/Matrix - Savage.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

I quit cold turkey every time and only experience mild lethargy for a few days and minor depression (probably because the 49ers & Bears USED to suck LOL). B-5 helps a lot to pretect your adrenal glands since they get taxed heavily by stimulant use. I use them usually 5 months straight and prefer EC.
  30. Registered User
    Answers

wow I got so bad with it before i was stacking 800mg of caffeine..50mg of ephedra..and 7.5 of Yohimbine per serving 2ice a day!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. To all you kids who think its ok to cycle at 170lbs
    By Mperkins in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2014, 01:50 AM
  2. All You Need To Know About Fina!
    By Blindfaith in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 06:30 AM
  3. A nice read for all you careless bulkers
    By jminis in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 08:16 PM
  4. For all you bored mofos at work
    By goldylight in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 05:52 PM
  5. All you can eat buffet counts as multiple meals?
    By Beefy6969 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 02:14 PM