17 year old 6-oxo

Jarrod

Awards
whats goin on guys im new to the forum, and i got a question on 6-oxo. ive done at least three of these cycles since i turned 17, and didn't really check out any health risks just the glamorizations of it. after about 2 weeks into any given cycle i feel like an absolute juggernaut. i recently finished off a cycle a little short and i feel like i dont have much test at all. i want to fix it just by doing another cycle but are there risks? for my age?

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
At your age mate, you should be selling your test to the old lads here. You do not need it. Reasearch, eat better and lift hard. You will be a fecking monster then.

biggy

biggy

Awards
I don't think cycle 6oxo would have done much to your natural test levels. I would however stop using it and let them go back to normal might take a little while. Lots of protein and rest my friend.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I think it was Dr D that said that 6-OXO taken during puberty would allow the user to surpass their natural genetic plateaus in height and possibly size... Might have been someone else though.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think it was Dr D that said that 6-OXO taken during puberty would allow the user to surpass their natural genetic plateaus in height and possibly size... Might have been someone else though.
Yep, there's research backing that. By reducing estrogen, growth plates stay open longer.

Of course, I'm not saying someone that young SHOULD take it, though.

Proteinpowda

Awards
Yep, there's research backing that. By reducing estrogen, growth plates stay open longer.

Of course, I'm not saying someone that young SHOULD take it, though.

Check your references on that. Yes estrogen plays a role in bone maintenance, etc..though I'm not quite sure the correlation present between estrogen and epiphyseal plates.

I can tell you this though; something that will reduce estrogen levels WILL REDUCE growth hormone and IGF-1 Levels. This can easily by referenced by just looking at the effects of tamoxifene citrate on the levels of the two hormones. GH Is ESSENTIAL during adolescene and puberty.

Secondly if any of you happened to read Ergopharm's clinical study on 6-oxo it DID NOT reduce estrogen levels. They stayed the same and Tesosterone went up. They theorized that their compound bound to aromatase inhibiting some of it; upping GNRH release, FSH and LH --> increased test --> leaving more test to be bound to aromatase and converted to estrogen.

SO in summary you're pretty much not done growing until you're 21; hell some things (I believe your larynx for example) aren't fully developed until you're closer to 24. So lay off the hormonal products man: stick with creatine and for now FOCUS on learning to eat and lift right. For example go to Beradi's website and read all that you can on nutrition. That's a great place to start. I even have an article published on there on insulin sensitivity if you want to check it out.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've seen the research. There is a correlation between increased height and lower estrogen. I'll post them when I come back across 'em.

6-OXO may or may not be strong enough to do it, though, so I should have said "AIs like arimidex" instead of 6-OXO.

Proteinpowda

Awards
I've seen the research. There is a correlation between increased height and lower estrogen. I'll post them when I come back across 'em.

6-OXO may or may not be strong enough to do it, though, so I should have said "AIs like arimidex" instead of 6-OXO.
Odd; I had never come across this research before but you are correct:

"estrogen does not induce growth plate ossification directly; instead, estrogen accelerates the programmed senescence of the growth plate, thus causing earlier proliferative exhaustion and consequently earlier fusion."

Still anyone at his age should not be taking hormonal products AND this is not THE ONLY factor (it's not isolated) in achieving's one maximal potential height (e.g. the GH factor I mentioned before). ''

Also estrogen does play a role in bone maintenance too (enhanced Ca2+ uptake). So trying to minimize is not neccessarily the best course of action during your growing years.

brandon43

Awards
when i was about 19 or so and 6 oxo first hit the market i did the same thing. i took about three cycles of it or so, but with not for a post cycle to a ph, just to get some natural test boost. i did feel it gave me more energy and helped me synthesize protien a little better, but in the end its still a synthetic answer to regulating your hormones which when your body is still naturally growing and producing your hormones in large amounts, theres no need to be playing god with your test yet. pound the creatine and the protein, and work on natural test raising. lift heavy sets with a workout built around compound lifts (deadlift, squats, bench press, bb rows) , get lots of natural good fats from peanuts almonds and fish oils. dosing glutamine in extremely small amounts throughout the day also has been proven to raise test (like 2-3mg, glutamine can cause depression in large amounts so dont supersaturate), and maybe if you really feel you need it, tribulus for an herbal answer to the oxo. eat like a fiend multiple times after you work out but all lean proteins and carbs. soon after i was done fooling around with oxo, i took the same approach listed and put on more lean mass then i ever had in my life.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
E-Form by Dermabolics. Best anti-E I've ever used before (steroidal or non-steroidal) and I've used everyone except for toremifene. Follow your normal routine and supplement stack and rub that puppy (the E-Form) on right after a nice, hot shower and watch yourself get ripped and your sex-drive soar through the roof! Long live formestane!

Proteinpowda

Awards
E-Form by Dermabolics. Best anti-E I've ever used before (steroidal or non-steroidal) and I've used everyone except for toremifene. Follow your normal routine and supplement stack and rub that puppy (the E-Form) on right after a nice, hot shower and watch yourself get ripped and your sex-drive soar through the roof! Long live formestane!
Reducing estrogen levels beyond your normal physiologic range is not neccessarily the most conducive thing to building muscle. Sure it'll make you hold less water but it's not the most conducive to gains.
Too much is too bad and so is too little.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I loved E-form as well, I don't know if it's made anymore though but ya try some of that stuff if you can get your hands on it.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Oh yessir Chaps, it's still available. You can get it for lower than 19.99 at some good online stores. I was reading from a few reputable people in other threads that formestane allows enough estrogen to moderate healthy IGF-1 levels and good lipid profiles throughout it's usage. I've even read some reviews on 1FAST400 that there are some that use it every other day and still get results. I for one have used it many times and experienced no sides, even when I use it twice a day. Reducing estrogen below your normal range favors your body to repartition nutrients towards building lean mass, however, near to complete estrogen suppression/eradication is not favorable. Besides, estrogen is necessary for a decent libido as well. That's why most ATD users know that it ATD is extremely dose sensetive and must be tapered. Although ATD and formestane are both steroidal anti-Es and binds to aromatase irreversibly, ATD has given me side-effects (dry joints like a tin-man without oil and a loss of libido) at high maintenence doses and formestane has yet to give me any sides... knock on wood.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya i like ATD but it can kill your sex drive, kinda like Femara did to me.