CEE and kidney issues

getsum27

getsum27

Awards
Who here is having any type of kidney issues since starting CEE? I have been seeing it in other posts recently on this and other boards, and am concerned about starting a product I just recently purchased which it is the main ingredient. Even those that are just feeling pain in the lower back areas where the kidneys are, maybe you should get them looked at. Please post as this is a very serious subject and we may be hurting ourselves in the long run without investigating further. Peace, mn27

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
The debate on the detriment to kidneys from CEE stems from the seperation that takes place in the cell of the salt based creatine ion for the ethanol group it has been reacted to. It has been hypothesized that if enough seperation occured there could be a backup in the kidneys. I however think that CEE and Creatine in general has an extremely, extremely reliable track record to the point where it is probably the most proven supplement on the market, bar none. So, I think the benefit-risk ratio is extremely lopsided to the former.

getsum27

getsum27

Awards
thanks for the reply Mulletsoldier. I do see, however, that most people experiencing any issues with the CEE didn't have the same with regular creatine. So it is probably as you stated. Would this be true with any ethyl ester product besides the creatine? and is there any way you know of protecting the kidneys while taking a product that does this, besides drinking large amounts of water daily? peace...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
thanks for the reply Mulletsoldier. I do see, however, that most people experiencing any issues with the CEE didn't have the same with regular creatine. So it is probably as you stated. Would this be true with any ethyl ester product besides the creatine? and is there any way you know of protecting the kidneys while taking a product that does this, besides drinking large amounts of water daily? peace...
Ahh, IMO, most of the people who have experienced such things had some pre-existing condition that was merely aggrevated by the CEE. If it is something that would give you piece of mind Cranberry Extract is a cheap protectant, though I should stress I do not feel as if it is something to lose sleep over.

keater824

keater824

Awards
u also cannot feel your kidneys thats why people with kindeys problem dont know they have them