Has anyone been using or logging Anator P70 or Myozene?

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking to get some feedback from those that have supplemented with these for at least a month.

Mike Combs

Mike Combs

Awards
I'm looking to get some feedback from those that have supplemented with these for at least a month.
head over to bb.c*m for any muscletech feedback, muscletech is overhyped and overpriced garbage!!

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
head over to bb.c*m for any muscletech feedback, muscletech is overhyped and overpriced garbage!!
im sure jordan knows this already concerning muscletech. anator and myozene are not garbage though they may be overpriced. research suggests that these are the best post workout formulas available (and im not talking about MT research).

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Isn't myozene a myostatin blocker??

EDIT: Forget about that..

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I was looking for someone to do a head to head comparison, that's all. :)

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
I think Annsi over at the aforementioned site was doing something like that.

Jason

size

Awards
  • Established
I used a product similar to Myozene years ago. It was made by a company called Metaform. I believe it was effective but tasted horrible and was expensive.

I would like to see more powders using hydrolysate but it does not seem to be the trend.

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
unfortunately it isn't the trend because supp companies would much rather use crap like whey concentrate and pass it off as an effective protein supplement just because its cheaper for them to make.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
unfortunately it isn't the trend because supp companies would much rather use crap like whey concentrate and pass it off as an effective protein supplement just because its cheaper for them to make.
Yep, it happens. For those looking into one of these products, I strongly suggest considering Xtreme Formulations Relentless. If any reputable member has used either Myozene or Anator and would be willing to do a log to compare, I'd see about sponsoring it. Below is a review of our product found on another board:

Review:

There is no question this works, first and foremost. Muscle soreness the next day was no longer a factor from the first day I started taking this. More than once, I would come back from the gym completely aching and while it would not fade that day, by the next day, it would either be completely gone or significantly reduced from previous levels. I could and did, before I got sick, have the most brutal Leg workouts that I'd done in some time, as in more staggering than walking afterwards and have very minor soreness the following morning when I got up. It was almost like a dream it worked so well. If there is a miracle recovery supplement, this is it, even though it doesn't look particularly special on the ingredient list side...

On the negative side, the container this thing comes in was junk. It never closed right, so I wound up dumping most of it into the empty SizeOn container, which worked perfectly. Xtreme clearly spends next to no money on either packaging or advertising, but screw it. The product works and if they're sinking money there, more to the good. Back to the negs, I'm not a big fan of the taste, which is mostly like letting some Cocoa Puffs sit in milk for a couple of hours, throwing the whole thing in a blender, then drinking it. I also felt the protein count was a bit light, so after the first shaker I had of it, I started spiking it upward with whatever ON 100% Whey I had open at the time. For what it's worth, Double Chocolate works much better than Strawberry.

The Verdict:

I have yet to get over my amazement regarding how incredibly well this product works. It is nothing short of fantastic, though the taste needs work and packaging leaves much to be desired. I doubt it would work too well on a cutting cycle, but while on a bulk, it's the bees knees, baby.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
He probably read other people saying it on message boards like this. I personally haven't used any MT products, but aside from the price, I've heard some positive things about them.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I used anator p70 for a few months until I realized what a crock it was. Overpriced just like muscle tech likes to be. I won't say it worked cause I don't remember having the 50lb+ gains the ads talk about.
Myozene on the other hand worked somewhat for me. Again it is overpriced for what it has in it. It works but pricey.
It was on this website that I gained the knowledge on how to "make" these products for much less money by buying the ingredients in bulk and mixing my own post workout drink. There is no need to buy the name of a product when you can buy Leuicine in bulk along with all the other secret ingredients.:think:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Why would you say that? Their products are over priced but i wouldnt say **** by any means.
I have several reasons for thinking it's a **** company myself"

1) I hate their ads and marketing. Lots of people dressed in white standing behind beekers full of colored water. BS claims of added mass that quite simply can't be accomplished without steroid use, etc.

2) Pricing. What they charge for what they give challenges even a free market extremist like me to question the wisdom of caveat emptor.

3) Their claims are largely nonsense. Anator is basically leucine in various forms, creatine and dextrose. Any differences in absorption and digestion speed and what not between such supplements and a regular whey shake are so small it's ridiculous. I seriously doubt even the most on point professional body builders have their diets so dialed in they could measure any possible difference in gains from using such products. 60 bucks for 3.3 lbs of an overhyped protein/carb drink is a bit much in my book.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
My impression is that Anator P70 is comprised of amino acids you can get elsewhere without taking this product at its price.

size

Awards
  • Established
2) Pricing. What they charge for what they give challenges even a free market extremist like me to question the wisdom of caveat emptor.
Come now, I know you do not mean that.

Mannypolarbear

Awards
To the graduate and repn22. Have you ever looked at the ingredients inside mustle tech products like Creakic and Gakic???? How can you defend a company that has such outragious claims about INSANE MUSCLE GAINS IN 10 days for such basic ingredients. Sure they might be slightly effective, but are you getting what they say you are getting, and what is the price you pay?? Why don't you come talk to me when you can show me evidence that they REALLY are as good as they say. You guys must have accidentally took a 12 year old's magazine and read all of the MT ads in them.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established

I'm looking to get some feedback from those that have supplemented with these for at least a month

I am going to answer the original question. I am on my second container of Anator P70. I mix two scoops with a cup of egg whites and 12 oz water. When I started this supplement, I weighed 141 pounds and my body fat was 10.2% (measured). Last week my weight was 166 with a body fat of 11.0 % (measured). I take this supplement within 20-minutes of my morning workout and I believe it is very effective. I don't read the ads, I don't look at the before and after shots of paid athletes who "endorse" the product. I tried the product on my own after reading the label. I like the taste and I will continue to use this protein powder. I have been a user of all four of Beverly International's protein powders over the last two years and never got the results I got from Anator P70 in three months.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I am going to answer the original question. I am on my second container of Anator P70. I mix two scoops with a cup of egg whites and 12 oz water. When I started this supplement, I weighed 141 pounds and my body fat was 10.2% (measured). Last week my weight was 166 with a body fat of 11.0 % (measured). I take this supplement within 20-minutes of my morning workout and I believe it is very effective. I don't read the ads, I don't look at the before and after shots of paid athletes who "endorse" the product. I tried the product on my own after reading the label. I like the taste and I will continue to use this protein powder. I have been a user of all four of Beverly International's protein powders over the last two years and never got the results I got from Anator P70 in three months.
A 20 pound increase in lean mass due to the addition of what amounts to a jazzed up MRP? Put simply: bull****. If you're on your second container that means you've put on 20 pounds of lean mass in a minimum of 16 days, assuming every day dosing, and a maximum of just under two months assuming EOD dosing.

Perhaps there was a diet change in there somewhere you forgot to mention, and few deliveries from a Mexican pharmacy? Either that or I take liberty on being the first person to call bull**** on this claim. It's nonsense.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
A 20 pound increase in lean mass due to the addition of what amounts to a jazzed up MRP? Put simply: bull****. If you're on your second container that means you've put on 20 pounds of lean mass in a minimum of 16 days, assuming every day dosing, and a maximum of just under two months.

Perhaps there was a diet change in there somewhere you forgot to mention, and few deliveries from a Mexican pharmacy? Either that or I take liberty on being the first person to call bull**** on this claim. It's nonsense.
I didn't say the supplement was the only thing that added weight. If you got that impression, I'm sorry. I said this was a good supplement that helped me gain weight. I was 141.0 on stage at my last contest on November 3rd. I am now off season and am on a high calorie diet and heavy lifting weight training program to add as much lean mass as I can before my first Master Pro contest on September 8. I am eating clean, and for the record, I AM A NATURAL ATHLETE, AND DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING ILLEGAL. So you can rescind your nasty Mexican pharmacy remark. You don't know me. If you are interested in my training and diet, visit my web site (www.BodyBuildingSenior.com). I am a two-time Natural Master Professional Bodybuilder.

I have used two containers of Anator P70. I only take it on workout days. The 320 calories it contains per serving, along with the cup of egg whites, makes an outstanding post-workout shake.

My weight today is 166 pounds (over three months) and my body fat is as I said. The only new supplement I have added to my daily intake is Anator P70. Is it the only thing that helps me add weight? Of course not. I have upped my chicken, fish, lean beef, vegetables and good carbs, while controlling the amount of fat. I will continue to add weight until I reach about 170 and then, hold for awhile, work the weight in the gym and then do a slow diet to get ready for my first Master Pro show in September. Once I am on that diet, I will drop Anator and switch to Beverly's Muscle Provider as my cutting shake. In case you are interested, in addition to protein shakes, I also take creatine, glutamine, branch chain amino acids and multi-vitamins.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
To answer the original question also...

This previous summer, I think I went through about 3 tubs of Anator P70 (before I knew better). I scoured the internet for good deals and was able to find it for around $45, and then the place that I ordered from offers 5% off the best deal you can find. So fine, I did it.

I ordered the Orange flavor(even though I really don't enjoy orange flavorings, but word is that the Fruit Punch is vomit in a tub). After workouts I filled up the blender with some water, ice cubs, one serving of P70, and one scoop of AST's Vanilla VP2 (to help the flavor and up the protein). It actually tasted decent...like a Dreamsicle (Orange Creamsicle).

I will say that it is a good protein powder. The ingredients are good. I mean, who would argue with whey, leucine, and carbs for post w/o? I can't quantify my gains because I wasn't keeping close track but they were evident.

On the other hand, I realized that I could be spending less money on something just as good, better, or even worse(where then I could add my own extras, making it even better).

So in the end, I stopped paying for it because I wanted to try other things and I was basically convinced that MT is the DEVIL. If they would offer Anator at a reasonable price, I believe that more people would be willing to give it a shot. But until then, I will be buying my protein elsewhere.

Toad, I hope this helps answer your questions since I have used Anator for over a month. Let me know if you need any more info.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
To the graduate and repn22. Have you ever looked at the ingredients inside mustle tech products like Creakic and Gakic???? How can you defend a company that has such outragious claims about INSANE MUSCLE GAINS IN 10 days for such basic ingredients. Sure they might be slightly effective, but are you getting what they say you are getting, and what is the price you pay?? Why don't you come talk to me when you can show me evidence that they REALLY are as good as they say. You guys must have accidentally took a 12 year old's magazine and read all of the MT ads in them.
Umm...right. If you would like to reread my post (which shouldn't be necessary seeing as how this is a ridiculous thing to try to argue about), you would most likely find the part about how I don't/haven't used MT products. Oh yeah, and maybe the part where I acknowledge the fact that they are overpriced. I was just explaining to The Graduate that most of the time when people bash companies by saying "____ is ****. Need I say more?" they are usually just jumping on the hate bandwagon. That is all. Rpen, out.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I didn't say the supplement was the only thing that added weight. If you got that impression, I'm sorry. I said this was a good supplement that helped me gain weight.
Got clinical evidence to back this up? Otherwise it's a subjective opinion,and to be perfectly blunt the chances that anator had anything to do with the weight gain are about as big as its contribution to your calorie intake and nothing more.

I AM A NATURAL ATHLETE, AND DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING ILLEGAL. So you can rescind your nasty Mexican pharmacy remark.
Why is it nasty? I've gotten a delivery or two from Mexican pharmacies myself. However no natural athlete is going to put on 20 pounds of lean mass in 2-3 months with no appreciable increase in body fat percentage unless they have chemical support of the strongest kind.

You don't know me.
I don't need to know you. Your claims are outlandish enough to make them nonsense on their face, like claiming you can fly. This is not some shill board, don't expect nonsense like this to fly without being jumped on and called on it.

My weight today is 166 pounds (over three months) and my body fat is as I said.
Then you added 20 lbs of lean mass in a short period of time with basically no change in body fat. Which to be blunt sounds ridiculous.

The only new supplement I have added to my daily intake is Anator P70. Is it the only thing that helps me add weight? Of course not. I have upped my chicken, fish, lean beef, vegetables and good carbs, while controlling the amount of fat.
And there is no way of knowing whether or not an additional 320 calories with a similar macro breakdown would have done just as well, and that's granting your claim which is suspcious on its face. This is the kind of subjective experience and review that allows companies like MT to sell over priced sugar/amino acid mixes like Anator to unsuspecting dopes who don't know any better.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry you feel you have to attack my posts about a supplement that you obviously don't like. My body fat on stage on November 4, 2006 was 4% and my weight was 141. Today, my body fat is 11% and my weight is 166. So, there is an increase in body fat as well as a significant weight gain. I like Anator and will continue to use it as long as I'm in a lean mass gain stage. For me, price is not an issue. Bodybuilding is my hobby and passion and I support it as needed.

Got clinical evidence to back this up? Otherwise it's a subjective opinion,and to be perfectly blunt the chances that Anator had anything to do with the weight gain are about as big as its contribution to your calorie intake and nothing more.

Of course not. But you don't either. How do you know that the supplement didn't make a significant contribution?

Why is it nasty? I've gotten a delivery or two from Mexican pharmacies myself. However no natural athlete is going to put on 20 pounds of lean mass in 2-3 months with no appreciable increase in body fat percentage unless they have chemical support of the strongest kind.

Maybe this will help clear my weight gain up:

In 2006, I entered 10 bodybuilding contests in 10 months. I was on a continuous contest prep diet. I stayed within 4 pounds of my stage weight for the better part of the year. I would pig out on Saturday after my show and again on Sunday. Then, on Monday I would be right back on my contest diet for the next show in three weeks. Now, since I have not competed since November and have increased my food intake, including my protein shakes, my body seems to have absorbed the food and I have quickly added this weight, while maintaining hardness and vascularity. It don't know why. I don't care why. I'm just happy it happened because my goal is to hit the stage in September 5-10 pounds heavier than my 2006 contest weight, and stay at my stage body fat of around 4%.

I don't need to know you. Your claims are outlandish enough to make them nonsense on their face, like claiming you can fly. This is not some shill board, don't expect nonsense like this to fly without being jumped on and called on it.

I'm sorry you feel what I have to say is nonsense. I guess you are the board expert on everything. I won't diss you or your opinion and would appreciate it if you gave me the same courtesy. If you have a question, ask it, but try to keep your attack mode in check. After all, I'm old enough to be your grandfather. Show some respect for your seniors. LOL And, try lightening up.

Then you added 20 lbs of lean mass in a short period of time with basically no change in body fat. Which to be blunt sounds ridiculous.

You are correct. That would be ridiculous. I misstated my timing. I was 141 and 10.2% body fat about six weeks before my last show. I took a measurement before I went on my final cutting diet for the contest. On stage I was 4%. So, my body fat has increased by 7%. Sorry if I mislead you.

And there is no way of knowing whether or not an additional 320 calories with a similar macro breakdown would have done just as well, and that's granting your claim which is suspicious on its face. This is the kind of subjective experience and review that allows companies like MT to sell over priced sugar/amino acid mixes like Anator to unsuspecting dopes who don't know any better

Again, you are correct. There is no way to determine if Anator or anything else other than the food and my natural supplements had anything to do with my gain. As I said, I didn't read any ads in any muscle magazines. I do my own research by reading labels on each product I consider. I don't subscribe to any of those hype pubs. And, since I am a natural athlete, I don't care what any steroid-laced bodybuilder has to say about any product. All of those "books" are nothing but an advertising medium surrounded by photos of enhanced giants.

I think you and I have spent enough time on this topic. If you don't mind, lets call it a draw and get back to serious training. Fair enough?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone count to ten...deep breath :)

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Everyone count to ten...deep breath :)
Just had a cup of oatmeal and a hard-boiled egg. Heart rate 110 over 70. Normal breathing cycle. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. Have a great day! LOL

Working a new (for me) High Intensity Power Training Plan. Great stuff. I have a Journal posted in the "Over 35 Forum" in case any of you young warriors are interested. It's titled: "Training For My First Masters Competition at 64."

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry you feel you have to attack my posts about a supplement that you obviously don't like. My body fat on stage on November 4, 2006 was 4% and my weight was 141. Today, my body fat is 11% and my weight is 166. So, there is an increase in body fat as well as a significant weight gain. I like Anator and will continue to use it as long as I'm in a lean mass gain stage. For me, price is not an issue. Bodybuilding is my hobby and passion and I support it as needed.
Do whatever you want to do. However your original claimed bf% was:

When I started this supplement, I weighed 141 pounds and my body fat was 10.2% (measured). Last week my weight was 166 with a body fat of 11.0 % (measured).
Your claim of coming off a contest with a super low bodyfat and jumping that much in weight with a concurrent increase of 6-7% body fat are a more believable given the context and your website and obvious achievement in the area.

Of course not. But you don't either. How do you know that the supplement didn't make a significant contribution?
I don't have to. You made the claim, you're the one who has to back it up. That's the way things work. It's up to the claimant to make his case.

To put my response in perspective, put simply Muscle Tech is in my opinion and the opinion of many others a bad company. They put out products whose ingredient lists don't even come close to justifying the asking price, and sell the stuff by taking pictures of men and women in white lab coats messing around with colored water and fancy glassware in a mock lab. And your original post with the 20 lb lean mass claim with no shift in bf%, no dig on you for the mistake that anyone could make, read off the bat to me like some of their marketing copy. Hence the shill comment from me. You should read some their stuff to get some perspective on the kind of claims they make.

As an aside you can go to CNW, a board sponsor, and make your own mix of pretty much the same ingredients and get it for 15 bucks less per kilogram. One of the reasons why people don't much like MT.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Your points are well taken. I did explain about the body fat discrepancy. I did take Anator when my body fat was at 10.2%, but then I did a cutting diet for my show which brought me to 4%. My claim should have been based upon starting at 4%, not 10.2%. For the past two years, I have used nearly all of Beverly International's supplements. I am a Beverly distributor and am able to purchase all of their line at greatly reduced prices. I have trained using their protein shakes: Muscle Provider, Ultra Size, Ultimate Muscle Protein and Mass Maker (which is what I would normally be on now, during my bulking up period). I decided to try Anator to see if it would be better than Mass Maker. I don't know if it is or isn't, because this is the first time in two years that I haven't been on a contest diet for a competition. I did six shows in 2005 and 10 in 2006. I don't have any loyalty to Muscle Tech. This is the first time I have tried one of their products. I don't read the ads, so I am not up to speed on their claims. I read the label at a supplement store and decided to give it a try. At 166 pounds, I weigh more today than I have ever weighed in my life. The normal competitor can hope to add about five pounds of new muscle per year. I am trying to add between five and eight pounds by the end of August. I will finish this tub of Anator and then switch to Beverly's Muscle Provider, of which I have already ordered a case (four containers) for the hardening phase of my training program.

Thanks for visiting my web site. Now, you know a little more about me. And I leaned a few things from you. That's what this Board is all about, isn't it?

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established

I'm looking to get some feedback from those that have supplemented with these for at least a month

Well Mr. Navy, so long as you have no problems doing a comparison thread or log/detailed review, I say you're in. :)

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for visiting my web site. Now, you know a little more about me. And I leaned a few things from you. That's what this Board is all about, isn't it?
Indeed. If you're paying retail for the Anator you might want to head over to CNW and try their custom mix option to save some money and/or get a higher dose going for yourself.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Well Mr. Navy, so long as you have no problems doing a comparison thread or log/detailed review, I say you're in.

No thank you. I spend enough time each day writing and posting my Progress Journal on this site, my site and several others. I am not an expert on Anator. I am a casual user who answered a supplement question in a slightly confused manner, which has caused this thread to expand to two pages, two pages too many in my opinion. Sorry for taking up so much web space. LOL

Original Quote: from TheUnlikelyToad

"Has anyone been using or logging Anator P70 or Myozene?

I'm looking to get some feedback from those that have supplemented with these for at least a month."

Jordan D. Frantz
Online Representative
Black Star Labs
Xtreme Formulations

Support Team Toad

Toad, you sure stirred up a few people with your innocent query, didn't you? LOL

Last edited:

Mannypolarbear

Awards
That was very enlightening to say the least. haha In my personal opinion honesty is the best policy. If MT did not try to con everyone out of their money with their outlandish claims and advertisements I think that the whole lifting community wouldn't be so quick to criticize so harshly. On that same note, like I briefly touched upon before, MT's main demographic is young kids. I work at a supplement company and 9 times out of 10 when a younger kid around 14 to 18 comes into my store, they always ask about MT first. Even the old time weekend warriors that are just "getting back into it" seem to believe these ads. Why? Because their advertisements are unbeatable! The claims they make are so outrages that a part of you thinks that they wouldn't have the balls to embelish the truth that much, so it must be true right?? Another part of me believes that people spend so much money on their products that they would feel downright stupid if it didn't work, so they convince themselves that they actually do work amazing!!! That is just my opinion, criticize if you wan't, but that is just what I have seen countless times. By the way, I like your style CDB. haha

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Indeed. If you're paying retail for the Anator you might want to head over to CNW and try their custom mix option to save some money and/or get a higher dose going for yourself.
Thanks for the suggestion. Fortunately, for me, I have a sponsor. Other than Beverly products, for which I am a distributor, I don't pay for my supplements, contest supplies, travel or contest entry fees. I do spend a lot of money on food, though. LOL My web-based business, BodyBuildingSenior, LLC, allows me to write off most of my other BodyBuilding related expenses not covered by my sponsor.

Last edited:

JJC

Awards
  • Established
didnt meant to post here

Last edited:
dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why would you say that? Their products are over priced but i wouldnt say **** by any means.
A lot of people just talk what they hear or what they read but have no personality to their opinions. lol it happens:icon_lol:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the suggestion. Fortunately, for me, I have a sponsor. Other than Beverly products, for which I am a distributor, I don't pay for my supplements, contest supplies, travel or contest entry fees. I do spend a lot of money on food, though. LOL My web-based business, BodyBuildingSenior, LLC, allows me to write off most of my other BodyBuilding related expenses not covered by my sponsor.
Nice deal.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A lot of people just talk what they hear or what they read but have no personality to their opinions. lol it happens:icon_lol:
Pshhh...Go read your bodybuilding magazines for 12 year olds!!

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So now that all the useless MT bashing is over (hopefully), has anyone used the Myozene yet ?????

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
So now that all the useless MT bashing is over (hopefully), has anyone used the Myozene yet ?????
If saving money on useless products is useless in your eyes...

If you mean the Bioquest stuff I've seen around, I've not personally used it. Seems like another rip off in my opinion, overpriced sugar and protein with an over priced multivit/multi mineral supp thrown in.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hahaha yeah, I was kidding.
I had said something very similar to your quote on the first page and that was the reaction I got. I probably should have used a smiley, but if you read the first page, you'll understand.

No hard feelings??? :D

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hahaha yeah, I was kidding.
I had said something very similar to your quote on the first page and that was the reaction I got. I probably should have used a smiley, but if you read the first page, you'll understand.

No hard feelings??? :D
lol I was like ok? Someone is a little angry? I was so confused :icon_lol: No hard feelings brother, just a lot of misunderstandings. What else is new?:fool2: A smiley face would definitely help out next time friend. lol

size

Awards
  • Established
If you mean the Bioquest stuff I've seen around, I've not personally used it. Seems like another rip off in my opinion, overpriced sugar and protein with an over priced multivit/multi mineral supp thrown in.
In my opinion, it is overpriced, but it does have some nice ingredients such as the whey hydrolysate and leucine.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, it is overpriced, but it does have some nice ingredients such as the whey hydrolysate and leucine.
Agreed. But you get a nice dose of BCAAs from regular whey anyway, and you've got to question whether or not the hydrolysate really even matters. From what I gather the study many use to show its fast absorption had it being introduced to the intestines via a tube, in the real world you still have to drink it, and it begs the question of whether or not 'fast' proteins are all that much faster to begin with, and whether even if they are it will make any difference whatsoever for recovery/muscle growth. Plus starvation studies are used as well. Anyone here starving themselves?

Check out the "Protein Wars" article on the Body and Fitness site. It gives a nice summary and is pretty much my view on the subject now after a bunch of reading. All else being equal you can get a product, even with Leucine or all the BCAAs in it, that's just as 'effective' for much less money.