EFA: Best time to take?

solid711

Awards
Hi All,
OK, I got Nordic Naturals Cod Liver Oil, with Omega 3,9, DHA, etc...

What is the best time to take EFAs?
Pre workout, post workout, etc?

Thanks!

angelo212

Awards
  • Established
Hi All,
OK, I got Nordic Naturals Cod Liver Oil, with Omega 3,9, DHA, etc...

What is the best time to take EFAs?
Pre workout, post workout, etc?

Thanks!
I wish someone whould answere that question above. I know someone here should be able to help. I like to know to.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
I feel it is best to supplement efas throughout the day with meals... If there was a "best time" to take them, I would say first thing in the morning and with the last meal of the day (before bed, ie. with protein shake or cottage cheese). But like I said, I take a little with each meal to keep a steady stream throughout the day.

hope this helps

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
I feel it is best to supplement efas throughout the day with meals... If there was a "best time" to take them, I would say first thing in the morning and with the last meal of the day (before bed, ie. with protein shake or cottage cheese). But like I said, I take a little with each meal to keep a steady stream throughout the day.

hope this helps
Divide them up evenly and dose with meals. Avoid in the workout window.

solid711

Awards
Why would you need to avoid the workout window?

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Why would you need to avoid the workout window?
PUFA's can reduce inflamation and potentially comprimise the anabolic response to muscle breakdown/stimulation induced by a workout.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
PUFA's can reduce inflamation and potentially comprimise the anabolic response to muscle breakdown/stimulation induced by a workout.
True, although don't some efas, such as GLA, have a positive effect on prosaglandins which could have a desired effect on the anabolic response??

solid711- Also, fats slow digestion so for that reason alone one should avoid fat intake, healthy or not, with pre-workout meals.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AntM1564 Anabolics 4
Nutrition / Health 4
smith_69 Supplements 24
netflixNchill General Chat 1
Supplements 18