Why is reccomened age for supplements 18-53

surfnskate98

Awards
I went to vitamin shoppe to day and bought some weight gainer and when i was purchasing the product i asked him if you had any samples of creatine. He ask me how old i was and told him 17 he said well thier too strong for you. I asked him how old do you have to be to take such supplements he said 18 and i asked why. he told me becuase you are more responsible when you are 18. Do you guys know the real reason you have to be 18 to take most supplements.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Once you're 18, you're legally an adult. Therefore, you can make your own decisions and have to take responsibility for them as well.

chrisk

Awards
hey has any one heard of . . . i placed an order, paid for it but never received it. they won't return my calls or e-mails. any one else have a problem with them?d

Last edited by a moderator:
Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
hey has any one heard of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx i placed an order, paid for it but never received it. they won't return my calls or e-mails. any one else have a problem with them?d
No I've never heard of them, might I suggest you continue to call and email and if that doesn't work out report them to trading standards.

Back on topic- The reason most supplements are suggested for 18+ is to cover their backs, besides your body is growing fine without supplements.

chrisk

Awards
trading standards huh? thanks for the info i'll do that.

agreed, covering them selves against liability.
no need for that kind of supplementation i'd say early 20's and under.

madghost31

Awards
yes part reason is for legal issues, since there are alot of people out there to sue for an extra buck. as far as creatine, your body naturally contains creatine and also the foods that you eat and is kinda like protein or any other natural supplementation. when i was playing high school football back in the day, my coach sold us creatine pills, but got busted for it. i dont think it was because they thought it was harmful to "minors", but was for a legal issue. too many questions would come to rise asking if he was pushing creatine, what else is he giving us, right.
other substances like hormones or testosterone stimulators, you won't want to take until you are at least 21 because your body is not done growing yet and it will interfere with natural growth.
i've seen guys grow 3 or 4 inches taller between 18-21 years old.

surfnskate98

Awards
Do you think age my age it think its ok to take nitric oxide glutamine creatine .

My pt has me on that stuff with wieght gainer, multivitamin, and stricked diet and im geating extremely good gains.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Drop the NO and glutamine, also drop the weight gainer. If your diet is that good then you won't need it, replace it with oats, skim-milk and whey.

surfnskate98

Awards
I wasent taking weight gainer before and eat eating 3800 cals a day and wasent gaining any weight. i tryed that oats, skim-milk and whey with cassin and penut butter. didnt gain anything. Ive been on weight gainer for about 4 weeks and gained 2 pounds.

Also how do you add your pictures to the side of your Name.