Info on Weight gainers

  1. New Member
    surfnskate98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    22.99%

    Info on Weight gainers


    Im trying to gain weight and i found this weight gainer fromTwinLab Gainers Fuel 2500 Chocolate Flavor at a good price from vitamin shoppe. Im only 17 and it looks like alot of calories wich i need to gain weight. But i wasent sure if that many calories is bad for you to take in all in one drink.

    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size 3 SCOOPS
    Servings Per Container 9.31 Powder

    Amount Per
    Serving % Daily
    Value

    Calories 2150 N/A*

    Calories From Fat 10 N/A*

    Total Fat 1 Gm 2%

    Saturated Fat 0.5 Gm N/A*

    Cholesterol 35 Mg 11%

    Total Carbohydrate 480 Gm 160%

    Dietary Fiber 3 Gm 12%

    Sugars 257 Gm N/A*

    Protein 54 Gm 108%

    Vitamin A (100% From Beta-Carotene) 5000 IU 100%

    Vitamin C 60 Mg 100%

    Vitamin D 200 IU 50%

    Vitamin E 30 IU 100%

    Vitamin B1 1.5 Mg 100%

    Vitamin B2 1.9 Mg 112%

    Niacin 20 Mg 100%

    Vitamin B6 2 Mg 100%

    Folic Acid 400 Mcg 100%

    Vitamin B12 6 Mcg 100%

    Biotin 300 Mcg 100%

    Pantothenic Acid 10 Mg 100%

    Calcium 580 Mg 58%

    Iron 9 Mg 50%

    Phosphorous 650 Mg 65%

    Iodine 75 Mcg 50%

    Magnesium 200 Mg 50%

    Zinc 7.5 Mg 50%

    Selenium 50 Mcg 71%

    Copper 1 Mg 50%

    Manganese 2 Mg 100%

    Chromium 400 Mcg 333%

    Molybdenum 50 Mcg 67%

    Sodium 270 Mg 11%

    Potassium 600 Mg 17%

    Paba 10 Mg N/A*

    Choline 200 Mg N/A*

    Inositol 200 Mg N/A*

    Boron 3 Mg N/A*

    Branched Chain Amino Acids Blend L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine 50 Mg N/A*

    L-Carnitine 25 Mg N/A*

    L-Leucine 5580 Mg N/A*

    L-Isoleucine 2700 Mg N/A*

    L-Valine 3130 Mg N/A*

    L-Lysine 4600 Mg N/A*

    L-Threonine 2410 Mg N/A*

    L-Methionine 1480 Mg N/A*

    L-Phenylalanine 2535 Mg N/A*

    L-Tryptophan 785 Mg N/A*

    L-Arginine 1900 Mg N/A*

    L-Cysteine 615 Mg N/A*

    L-Alanine 2080 Mg N/A*

    L-Aspartic Acid 4440 Mg N/A*

    L-Glutamic Acid 1065 Mg N/A*

    L-Glycine 1025 Mg N/A*

    L-Histidine 1410 Mg N/A*

    L-Proline 4030 Mg N/A*

    L-Serine 2780 Mg N/A*

    L-Tyrosine 2715 Mg N/A*




    * Daily value not established


    Directions:
    As a dietary supplement, take 1 serving of Gainers Fuel 2500 daily in addition to regular meals. One serving per day of Gainers Fuel 2500 combined with resistive exercise or weight training promotes lean anabolic weight gain. Simply add three (3) scoops (scoop included inside each container) to 3 cups (24 fl. oz.) of low fat milk. Stir and serve. If you want to avoid milk, you can add (3) scoops to 16 fluid ounces of water. Stir and Serve. Gainers Fuel 2500 added to water is lower in fat and calories. It is well tolerated and approved for lactose intolerant individuals. Gainers Fuel 2500 may also be mixed in a blender with ice for a delicious, thick, frosty milkshake.



    Other Ingredients:
    Dextrose, maltodextrin, calcium caseinate, whey protein hydrolysate, cocoa flavor, silica, potassium phosphate monobasic, fructose, potassium succinate, choline bitartrate, hydrolyzed egg albumen and casein, magnesium oxide, natural and artificial flavor, l-leucine, inositol, sodium ascorbate, boron citrate/glycinate/aspartate, branch chain amin acid blend, biotin, zinc picolinate, ferrous fumarate, calcium carbonate, d-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate, l-carnitine, niacinamide, manganese gluconate, kelp, beta carotene, magnesium aspartate, d-calcium pantothenate, calcium citrate, selenomethionine, para aminobenzoic acid, copper gluconate, cyanocobalamin,folic acid, krebs cycle mineral complex (as calcium, magnesium, potassium, selenium, molybdenum, chromium, iodine, zinc, vanadium, manganese, copper, all as citrate, fumarate, malate, aspartate, succinate,alpha-ketoglutarate), chromium picolinate, cholecalciferol, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, thiamin mononitrate, molybdic acid.



    Does Not Contain:
    Soy, collagen or red muscle protein complex, gamma oryzanol, inosine, dibencozide, glandulars, plant sterols, smilax, saw palmetto, mexican yam.



    Warnings:
    Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a healthcare professional or poison control center immediately. Diabetics may use only under a healthcare professional's supervision because this product contains chromium picolinate which may enhance insulin sensitivity. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

  2. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,563
    Rep Power
    1215354
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    60.38%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by surfnskate98
    Im trying to gain weight and i found this weight gainer fromTwinLab Gainers Fuel 2500 Chocolate Flavor at a good price from vitamin shoppe. Im only 17 and it looks like alot of calories wich i need to gain weight. But i wasent sure if that many calories is bad for you to take in all in one drink.

    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size 3 SCOOPS
    Servings Per Container 9.31 Powder

    Amount Per
    Serving % Daily
    Value

    Calories 2150 N/A*

    Calories From Fat 10 N/A*

    Total Fat 1 Gm 2%

    Saturated Fat 0.5 Gm N/A*

    Cholesterol 35 Mg 11%

    Total Carbohydrate 480 Gm 160%

    Dietary Fiber 3 Gm 12%

    Sugars 257 Gm N/A*

    Protein 54 Gm 108%

    Vitamin A (100% From Beta-Carotene) 5000 IU 100%

    Vitamin C 60 Mg 100%

    Vitamin D 200 IU 50%

    Vitamin E 30 IU 100%

    Vitamin B1 1.5 Mg 100%

    Vitamin B2 1.9 Mg 112%

    Niacin 20 Mg 100%

    Vitamin B6 2 Mg 100%

    Folic Acid 400 Mcg 100%

    Vitamin B12 6 Mcg 100%

    Biotin 300 Mcg 100%

    Pantothenic Acid 10 Mg 100%

    Calcium 580 Mg 58%

    Iron 9 Mg 50%

    Phosphorous 650 Mg 65%

    Iodine 75 Mcg 50%

    Magnesium 200 Mg 50%

    Zinc 7.5 Mg 50%

    Selenium 50 Mcg 71%

    Copper 1 Mg 50%

    Manganese 2 Mg 100%

    Chromium 400 Mcg 333%

    Molybdenum 50 Mcg 67%

    Sodium 270 Mg 11%

    Potassium 600 Mg 17%

    Paba 10 Mg N/A*

    Choline 200 Mg N/A*

    Inositol 200 Mg N/A*

    Boron 3 Mg N/A*

    Branched Chain Amino Acids Blend L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine 50 Mg N/A*

    L-Carnitine 25 Mg N/A*

    L-Leucine 5580 Mg N/A*

    L-Isoleucine 2700 Mg N/A*

    L-Valine 3130 Mg N/A*

    L-Lysine 4600 Mg N/A*

    L-Threonine 2410 Mg N/A*

    L-Methionine 1480 Mg N/A*

    L-Phenylalanine 2535 Mg N/A*

    L-Tryptophan 785 Mg N/A*

    L-Arginine 1900 Mg N/A*

    L-Cysteine 615 Mg N/A*

    L-Alanine 2080 Mg N/A*

    L-Aspartic Acid 4440 Mg N/A*

    L-Glutamic Acid 1065 Mg N/A*

    L-Glycine 1025 Mg N/A*

    L-Histidine 1410 Mg N/A*

    L-Proline 4030 Mg N/A*

    L-Serine 2780 Mg N/A*

    L-Tyrosine 2715 Mg N/A*




    * Daily value not established


    Directions:
    As a dietary supplement, take 1 serving of Gainers Fuel 2500 daily in addition to regular meals. One serving per day of Gainers Fuel 2500 combined with resistive exercise or weight training promotes lean anabolic weight gain. Simply add three (3) scoops (scoop included inside each container) to 3 cups (24 fl. oz.) of low fat milk. Stir and serve. If you want to avoid milk, you can add (3) scoops to 16 fluid ounces of water. Stir and Serve. Gainers Fuel 2500 added to water is lower in fat and calories. It is well tolerated and approved for lactose intolerant individuals. Gainers Fuel 2500 may also be mixed in a blender with ice for a delicious, thick, frosty milkshake.



    Other Ingredients:
    Dextrose, maltodextrin, calcium caseinate, whey protein hydrolysate, cocoa flavor, silica, potassium phosphate monobasic, fructose, potassium succinate, choline bitartrate, hydrolyzed egg albumen and casein, magnesium oxide, natural and artificial flavor, l-leucine, inositol, sodium ascorbate, boron citrate/glycinate/aspartate, branch chain amin acid blend, biotin, zinc picolinate, ferrous fumarate, calcium carbonate, d-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate, l-carnitine, niacinamide, manganese gluconate, kelp, beta carotene, magnesium aspartate, d-calcium pantothenate, calcium citrate, selenomethionine, para aminobenzoic acid, copper gluconate, cyanocobalamin,folic acid, krebs cycle mineral complex (as calcium, magnesium, potassium, selenium, molybdenum, chromium, iodine, zinc, vanadium, manganese, copper, all as citrate, fumarate, malate, aspartate, succinate,alpha-ketoglutarate), chromium picolinate, cholecalciferol, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, thiamin mononitrate, molybdic acid.



    Does Not Contain:
    Soy, collagen or red muscle protein complex, gamma oryzanol, inosine, dibencozide, glandulars, plant sterols, smilax, saw palmetto, mexican yam.



    Warnings:
    Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a healthcare professional or poison control center immediately. Diabetics may use only under a healthcare professional's supervision because this product contains chromium picolinate which may enhance insulin sensitivity. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
    The sugar is outrageous. A weight gainer is just one route you can take, but learning how to take in good, clean calories is more important.
    For a homemade gainer shake, try this: 16 oz milk, 1 C oats, 1 scoop of protein, 1 Tbsp of PB. Low GI carbs, quality protein, and good fats make the ideal bulking meal.
  3. New Member
    cdc1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    53.65%

    Lmao, that is so overkill. 480 carbs in 1 shake!! I shoot for that in 1 day. Most good weight gainers seem to be around 600-800 cals per shake... this one has 2150. Also see that there is only 9.3 servings. There are much better gainers out there than this one, IMO; with solid foods being better than all of them.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    surfnskate98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    22.99%

    Thats what i thought it was overkill. I was using bsn truemass and im out of it and need to buy something fast but the true mass was kinda pricey. I was looking for something cheaper and came up with this.
  5. New Member
    surfnskate98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    22.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by cdc1917
    Lmao, that is so overkill. 480 carbs in 1 shake!! I shoot for that in 1 day. Most good weight gainers seem to be around 600-800 cals per shake... this one has 2150. Also see that there is only 9.3 servings. There are much better gainers out there than this one, IMO; with solid foods being better than all of them.
    No its 9.31 Pound Powder
    Serving Size: 3 SCOOPS
    Im pretty sure that means its 9.31 pounds of powder for only $30

    Gainers Fuel 2500 Chocolate Flavor by TwinLab - VitaminShoppe.com
  6. Senior Member
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Rep Power
    5919
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    88.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Home made weight gainers are the best man. Check around, I'm sure theres some recipes around here for weight gainer shakes.

    I know some guys that make some shakes in a blender with the powder, they got the oats in there for the carbs, the natty PB in there for the fat, and they can get 600-800 cals in on shake in there, and it's probably more cost effective as well.
  7. Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,227
    Rep Power
    8350
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    33.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    jeez..that is WAYYY too much sugar. try making your own. There are some healthy gainer info in the recipes section.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  8. New Member
    juggernaut333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    250
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    59.7%

    i cant agree enough with these guys and always make a point to speak up when this subject comes up.all the weightgainers on the market are bull****.make your own,save yourself alot of money and bodyfat.a blender is your best friend.this way u can adjust it for perfect macro breakdown as needed for you,and you save a TON of money.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,563
    Rep Power
    1215354
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    60.38%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut333
    i cant agree enough with these guys and always make a point to speak up when this subject comes up.all the weightgainers on the market are bull****.make your own,save yourself alot of money and bodyfat.a blender is your best friend.this way u can adjust it for perfect macro breakdown as needed for you,and you save a TON of money.
    I won't say all are useless, I am quite fond of Up Your Mass and Micellean/Zero Impact MRP's. They may not be cheap, but stuff comes up and I use them for emergency purposes, not as necessaties.
  10. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    3015
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    59.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    home made sounds like good advice. I think I'll try that too.
  11. Kyra Gracie= my future wife
    mywetnightmares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    333
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    32.58%

    I've been using cytogainer lately. Never used a weightgainer before, I'm only using it cuz I'm on cycle right now and I don't have to worry as much about fat gain. Off cycle I don't use them though.
  12. New Member
    axekick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    163
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    43.49%

    I use weightgainers pretty regularly and I think they have there place. It seems to me that a lot of them set their serving size to equal one days worth. The one you referred to does have an awful lot of sugar, but if split into three-one scoop skakes a day in addition to your healthy meals it would pack on some pounds of some kind.:donut:
  13. New Member
    ultraman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    256
    Rep Power
    229
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    12.47%

    I like cytogainer (lactose free) and champion super heavyweight gainer (moderate lactose). Both taste excellent too. Muscle Milk collegiate look quite similar to a weightgainer too. It has 40g protein, 89g carbs, 7g fat, 5g sugars, 580 calories in a 150g (4 scoop) serving.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Weight gainer shakes on test cycle.
    By EddyRay in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 12:19 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 06:26 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 05:18 AM
  4. Recipes on Weight gainers?
    By surfnskate98 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 03:49 PM
  5. Best weight gainer on the market?
    By jerz912 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 01:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in