Creatine Nonresponder

nobady

Awards
I've used many brands of Mono and just finished 2 months of CEE and never got results. There seem to be many next generation creatines out there. Any suggestions or do I just give up a creatine?

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
did you ever run it with simple sugars? i had to resort to that when monohydrate first came out. kicked right in very noticeably

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cre ethyl thunder(sp) Stuff was awesome!
AI's Chaos is working well for me too.

-bman-

Awards
i was always a non responder as well untill ethyl thunder with some r-ala put on a good 8-10 lbs quick now im tryin cee from sns with some cinnulin hopefully ill get good results again

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, maybe some kre-alkalyn could help. I was responding probably too well to them, and I inflated like a balloon with I have't tried, and maybe you could give it a shot:)

nobady

Awards
I've tried it with grape juice. The type that is premixed with sugars--nothing
I was looking for any type of reponse--muscle volume, increase stamina, strength---nothing

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
you really must be a "non-responder" i wonder why they recommended grape juice anyway, it's got alot of fructose which from what little i know would go to your liver not your muscles?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I've tried it with grape juice. The type that is premixed with sugars--nothing
I was looking for any type of reponse--muscle volume, increase stamina, strength---nothing
Join the club :)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I have taken just about every form of creatine out there with little to no results. I get a nice pump when I stack it pre WO with Powerfull but that's about it. I still take it though. Just because I don't notice anything doesn't mean it isn't beneficial in many ways.

What are some further benefits of creatine use?

Neuroprotection - Creatine is found in high concentrations in the brain, and is being explored in the treatment of a variety of neurodegenerative diseases. Creatine supplementation increases total creatine levels primarily in grey matter, white matter, the cerebellum, and the thalamus. Similar to its action in skeletal muscle, creatine operates through a variety of pathways in the brain, such as reducing oxidative stress and correcting mitochondrial dysfunction. A recent study on mice and rats showed creatine to provide a 36%-50% reduction in cortical damage caused by traumatic brain injury by improving mitochondrial function, decreasing reactive oxygen species, and maintaining ATP levels. This is a new area of research, so few human studies have been done on its neuroprotectant effects at this point. One study found that supplementation of creatine at 5 grams a day for 8 days decreased task-evoked mental fatigue and increased oxygen utilization in the brain.

Cardiac health - Since creatine is also found in high concentrations in the heart, its activity there has been studied as well. It protects the heart in a variety of ways, and has been shown to reduce the occurrence of arrhythmia, protect cardiac tissue from metabolic stress, and reduce plasma cholesterol and triglycerides.

What are some good products to take along with creatine?

Although insulin increases muscle creatine uptake, one should avoid taking high amounts of high glycemic foods on a chronic basis as this could lead to insulin resistance. Supplements that increase insulin sensitivity can be very beneficial in this regard. Alpha lipoic acid is probably the best choice, as it is even better than many prescription drugs at improving insulin sensitivity and also has many other beneficial effects. The recommended dosage is 100-200 mg of ALA every time creatine is consumed. (Cialabol may be a better choice here but I havn't looked into the science yet. User feedback so far is very promising however.)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
EXCELLENT INFO BP ! too bad I have to spread rep like a whore to give you some more rep LOL. Creatine monohydrate has always been good to me and I feel more overall energy throughout the day as well.