sulbutiamine

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0

    sulbutiamine


    Pete's Place: Sulbutiamine - Amazing

    Heys an article on sulbutiamine
    Do Alcar and sulbutiamine have benifits together? Are they safe taking together? Anyone know?

    Do sulbutiamine have any interactions that it shouldnt be mixed with? From what i know its ok to take with anything. Im not looking to debate , im looking fore pure FACTS. John

  2. Registered User
    NO HYPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    585
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    Pete's Place: Sulbutiamine - Amazing

    Heys an article on sulbutiamine, the active ingredient in Biotest's Spike.My reveiw: its nice.

    Do Alcar and sulbutiamine have benifits together? Are they safe taking together? Anyone know?

    Do sulbutiamine have any interactions that it shouldnt be mixed with? From what i know its ok to take with anything. Im not looking to debate , im looking fore pure FACTS. John
    Well, I know that they most definetely have neurological benefits when combined. I take about 600-800mg sulbtiamine a day, along with Acetyl-L-Carnitine-Arginate, Beta-Phenyl-Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (a few days on/a few days off), and choline bitartrate.

    I have found nothing but very positive results.
  3. Doctor Science
    Board Sponsor
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,253
    Answers
    0


    It is also one of the main ingredients in our (IBE) X-Force.
    •   
       

  4. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    2


    I'm bringing in some bulk Sulbutiamine once the Chinese holiday is over next week.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  5. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    What is Beta-Phenyl-Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid ? (a few days on/a few days off)

    is it the same as Phenibut?
  6. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    2


    Yes, Phenibut
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  7. Gold Member
    Rivet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,700
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    Pete's Place: Sulbutiamine - Amazing

    Heys an article on sulbutiamine, the active ingredient in Biotest's Spike.My reveiw: its nice.
    Just one question. Iíve tried it at up to 300mg and felt nothing besides the taste of powdered aspirin. What do you feel on it? I have mixed it with caffeine to see if that boosts it up as well. I didn't have high expectations on it or anything just wanted to try it out for some extra focus. Would be the first stim I don't respond to...

    Edit: read the review and it said the dose was 600mg in the morning. I was worried to go this high since some people complain about headaches on anything over 250-300mg..
  8. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    Just one question. Iíve tried it at up to 300mg and felt nothing besides the taste of powdered aspirin. What do you feel on it? I have mixed it with caffeine to see if that boosts it up as well. I didn't have high expectations on it or anything just wanted to try it out for some extra focus. Would be the first stim I don't respond to...

    Edit: read the review and it said the dose was 600mg in the morning. I was worried to go this high since some people complain about headaches on anything over 250-300mg..
    did u try biotest spike or was it pure sub? maybe the batch could not have been optimal, thats always a possiblity.
  9. Gold Member
    Rivet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,700
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    did u try biotest spike or was it pure sub? maybe the batch could not have been optimal, thats always a possiblity.
    Pure sub...tasted like crushed aspirin YUM
  10. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Answers
    0


    Pure sulb (Custom's) is the worst tasting supp ever.
  11. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    cap it, thats what i do when i take phenibut , which is for sleep , stress, or maybe after i completed a task and just want to relax, even greater=0).
    I have read in this Forum to NOt take phenibut before close to studying for a test.
  12. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,372
    Answers
    0


    I've only used Biotest Spike....but I'm a big fan. It really seems to deliver on the promise of selectively stimulating the speech and language centers of the brain.
  13. Gold Member
    Rivet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,700
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Pure sulb (Custom's) is the worst tasting supp ever.
    Naw Ive had....MUCH worse

    I think Im going to double my dose and try it at 600mg...

    Edit: 600mg has no effect on me...oh well
    Last edited by Rivet; 10-05-2006 at 10:11 PM.
  14. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    Questions on biotest spike:

    The sample package SPIKE formula is different than the pills sold at wal-mart. Also the wal mart pills are bigger, and not capped, they look like a vitamin; although, there the same color, yellow.also the mg dose is different by 50 mgs.

    The samples formula: T-max: 350 mgs(biotest proprietary Nano-dispersed gel thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) caffeine, lauroyl macrogol-32 glycerides

    The wal-mart vitamin looking pills(not capped) 400 mgs(biotest proprietary thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) caffeine

    The only thing that the sample has that the vitamin look alikes doesnt have is :Nano-dispersed gel and lauroyl macrogol-32 glycerides

    The Nano-dispersed gel and lauroyl macrogol-32 glycerides doesnt matter all that matters is the thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) because thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) is Sulbutiamine right?

    sorry if tis obvious, i research it, couldnt find it, and am in a rush today, am wondering if anyone knows if this is fact?

    if noone knows ill research when i have time. Thanks
  15. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Answers
    0


    Is that sample really old Smeton???

    They refomulated it a while back. I had some of the old caps - they now are pills I think. (Or maybe that's backwards.)
    I think they did a bit of a reformulation with the encapsulation change.
  16. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    Yes JMHO theyve been lying around for 6 months to a year , in my supplement box.=)

    also i think the answer is yes thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) is the same thing as Sulbutiamine. Im going to keep researching it , intill i find the answer and ill post it, if i find it so if anyone has a question about it, youll know the answer. Also feel free to post it if you know the answer because ill get the email, as im on researching in about 2 seconds, after i get off this forum and into search. cheers
  17. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Answers
    0


    Yes - pretty sure that is the same as sulb.
  18. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    it is. Heres a Reveiw of just one guys opinion, theres many reviews out there..while im not advocating (im not looking it up in the dic, did i use that word wrong..lol i dont think so, maybe) biotest, but Sulbutiamine is the same thing as thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide). thats all i know for now on my review.

    Juicescholar Says:

    June 27th, 2006 at 7:56 pm
    While I couldn’t agree more with your deconstruction of the Spike claims to fame, the active ingredients include caffeine and what they call thiamine di(2-methylpropionate) disulfide - in another lifetime, it was called sulbutiamine, I think. Quick literature review on sulbutiamine shows some very, very interesting properties. This is not to vouch for Spike in any way (it makes me very intellectually aggressive, btw, in addition to being a nice pre-workout stimulant - I become a right dickhead on it…or more of one, depending on whom you ask), just to say that the substance is showing smoke, if not fire.

    Biotest, the company that makes Spike, has a history of doing some fairl convincing literature research and then speculating, often without success (like with their myostatin inhibitor, Myostat, that did nothing), but sometimes with great results. Curious to know what you make of sulbutiamine itself - clearly not an amphetamine, but not just another cup of coffee either.
  19. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,372
    Answers
    0

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    Questions on biotest spike:

    The sample package SPIKE formula is different than the pills sold at wal-mart. Also the wal mart pills are bigger, and not capped, they look like a vitamin; although, there the same color, yellow.also the mg dose is different by 50 mgs.

    The samples formula: T-max: 350 mgs(biotest proprietary Nano-dispersed gel thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) caffeine, lauroyl macrogol-32 glycerides

    The wal-mart vitamin looking pills(not capped) 400 mgs(biotest proprietary thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) caffeine

    The only thing that the sample has that the vitamin look alikes doesnt have is :Nano-dispersed gel and lauroyl macrogol-32 glycerides

    The Nano-dispersed gel and lauroyl macrogol-32 glycerides doesnt matter all that matters is the thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) because thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) is Sulbutiamine right?

    sorry if tis obvious, i research it, couldnt find it, and am in a rush today, am wondering if anyone knows if this is fact?

    if noone knows ill research when i have time. Thanks
    Yes, the original formulation was in gelcaps. They reformulated it and now it is a yellow football shaped pill. I haven't noticed a difference in the effects between the two.
  20. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Answers
    0


    Interesting YR. I did. I thought the original gels were way better than the new caps.
    (I've only had sample packs though...)
  21. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,372
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Interesting YR. I did. I thought the original gels were way better than the new caps.
    (I've only had sample packs though...)
    Everyone's body is different. Did they change the formula any between the old and new or just the delivery system?

    The very first time I took this (original formula) I got a headache but I was already on the tail end of a day's worth of stims and heading into a stressful night meeting when I took it. The second
    time it was great. I've kept a bottle of these in my office desk drawer on and off ever since.
  22. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Answers
    0


    I have no idea. I thought just the delievery system - but that's a guess.
  23. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Interesting YR. I did. I thought the original gels were way better than the new caps.
    (I've only had sample packs though...)
    Hey JMHo, how can you know if the original gels are way better than the new caps, if you only tryed the new caps? Am i making sense?

    also where did you hear this? has anyone else heard this?
  24. Registered User
    CRUNCH's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,168
    Answers
    0


    I got some from "Relentless Improvement", 400 and 600 mgs didn't seem to do much. I tried 800 this morning and it was awesome! No headache at all and just a very focused feeling. I looked on their site and they said the half-life was about 5 hours. I'm going to try another dose this afternoon and see how it goes.
  25. Gold Member
    Rivet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,700
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by CRUNCH
    I got some from "Relentless Improvement", 400 and 600 mgs didn't seem to do much. I tried 800 this morning and it was awesome! No headache at all and just a very focused feeling. I looked on their site and they said the half-life was about 5 hours. I'm going to try another dose this afternoon and see how it goes.
    Ok, Im going to dose it at 800mg next time im able to use it. Thanks!
  26. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Answers
    0


    I have tried both the old and new Spike's, Sme.

    Interestingly enough - I got 2 boxes at Wal-mart for $9 each. So, 56 caps for $18 - good deal (I thought at the time - still not sure if it really was or not).
  27. Registered User
    CRUNCH's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,168
    Answers
    0


    2nd dose of 800 mgs 6 hours later was fine also. Focus came back, no headaches at all. Cool stuff, I'm really getting a lot done around the office!!
  28. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by CRUNCH
    2nd dose of 800 mgs 6 hours later was fine also. Focus came back, no headaches at all. Cool stuff, I'm really getting a lot done around the office!!
    This makes me really anxious to bring this in.

    Damn minimums.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  29. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dsade
    This makes me really anxious to bring this in.

    Damn minimums.
    Im only using it really for training and a mental effect, better motor skills, better activation of speech, better activation of patterns and just va better overall quality of life in general.

    I dont really need the big doses; however, if i do decide i want to try it. i know where to go. For now spike does the job. :bb:
  30. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    2


    Do you notice a better mind/muscle connection?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  31. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,372
    Answers
    0


    Sulbutamine is also an ingredient in the new IBE product X-Force. I haven't tried my sample caps yet but it will be interesting to see how it works with the other items they have in their formulation.
    Last edited by yeahright; 10-14-2006 at 01:39 AM.
  32. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    higher mental capacity. Better use of the Language. Things seem like a peice of cake, making any sense? that just what it seems like. so far i seem to like it.

    1 capsule of spike(walmart 9 $ little yellow footballs) are nice.

    2 capsules seem to make me a bit speedy, analyzing it, its probally the caffinine, but my body can adjust.

    so far 1 capsule does the trick. so i might just use 1 capsule for a safe call. Then when i really want to get crazy maybe 2. but for now why only do 2 when 1 works. do what works!
  33. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar


    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    Pure sub...tasted like crushed aspirin YUM

    You crack me up!
  34. Gold Member
    Rivet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,700
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs
    You crack me up!
    Hehe I try, I guess I have tried so many bulk powders that none of it shocks my taste buds
  35. Registered User
    CRUNCH's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,168
    Answers
    0


    Wow...last night after the second dose of 800 wore off (5 1/2 hours or so), I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Just extremely tired! Nothing else noteable.

    Did the two doses again today. The focus didn't seem to be quite as much as yesterday...still good though. A little less affect it seemed.

    Will see if I get as tired tonight and if the effects seem to be any less tomorrow.
  36. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    i read somewhere that sulbutiamine aids in sleep.

    No hype says comboning phenibut and sulbutiamine seems to assist in sleeping; although , it might have just been the phenibut. isn't that what you said NOHYPE?
  37. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    I dont mean to get off the subject here but does anyone know how much caffinine is in the yellow football spike capsules(sold at wal-mart)?

    Too much caffinine my body doesnt like. Some Caff and my body seems to do well with.

    Im loving Sulbutiamine!
  38. Registered User
    Leggo my Ego's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,487
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    I dont mean to get off the subject here but does anyone know how much caffinine is in the yellow football spike capsules(sold at wal-mart)?

    Too much caffinine my body doesnt like. Some Caff and my body seems to do well with.

    Im loving Sulbutiamine!
    I too was wondering this... how many mg caffeine and how many mg sulbutiamine. I searced around and could not find it anywhere.... probably biotest's little secret.

    I bought a bottle of spike today am excited to try it out for the 1st time tomorrow morning... I shall post my thoughts tomorrow!
  39. Registered User
    NO HYPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    585
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    i read somewhere that sulbutiamine aids in sleep.

    No hype says comboning phenibut and sulbutiamine seems to assist in sleeping; although , it might have just been the phenibut. isn't that what you said NOHYPE?

    Well.... I am not sure wether or not sulbutiamine's properties coincide with sleep aid, however when I need quality rest.... it seems to help. I include about 200mg sulbutiamine, 150mg R-Dihydro Lipoic Acid, and a calcium/mineral blend, along with my phenibut/Powerfull/REM combination.
  40. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Answers
    0


    I doubt anyone has any clue how much caff. and sulb (exactly) are in one cap of Spike.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2005, 10:05 AM
  2. Who's shipping Sulbutiamine to Canada
    By Adf in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2005, 12:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in