Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pete's Place: Sulbutiamine - Amazing

Heys an article on sulbutiamine
Do Alcar and sulbutiamine have benifits together? Are they safe taking together? Anyone know?

Do sulbutiamine have any interactions that it shouldnt be mixed with? From what i know its ok to take with anything. Im not looking to debate , im looking fore pure FACTS. John

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established

Heys an article on sulbutiamine, the active ingredient in Biotest's Spike.My reveiw: its nice.

Do Alcar and sulbutiamine have benifits together? Are they safe taking together? Anyone know?

Do sulbutiamine have any interactions that it shouldnt be mixed with? From what i know its ok to take with anything. Im not looking to debate , im looking fore pure FACTS. John
Well, I know that they most definetely have neurological benefits when combined. I take about 600-800mg sulbtiamine a day, along with Acetyl-L-Carnitine-Arginate, Beta-Phenyl-Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (a few days on/a few days off), and choline bitartrate.

I have found nothing but very positive results. :thumbsup:

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
It is also one of the main ingredients in our (IBE) X-Force.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm bringing in some bulk Sulbutiamine once the Chinese holiday is over next week.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is Beta-Phenyl-Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid ? (a few days on/a few days off)

is it the same as Phenibut?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, Phenibut

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established

Heys an article on sulbutiamine, the active ingredient in Biotest's Spike.My reveiw: its nice.
Just one question. I’ve tried it at up to 300mg and felt nothing besides the taste of powdered aspirin. What do you feel on it? I have mixed it with caffeine to see if that boosts it up as well. I didn't have high expectations on it or anything just wanted to try it out for some extra focus. Would be the first stim I don't respond to...

Edit: read the review and it said the dose was 600mg in the morning. I was worried to go this high since some people complain about headaches on anything over 250-300mg..

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just one question. I’ve tried it at up to 300mg and felt nothing besides the taste of powdered aspirin. What do you feel on it? I have mixed it with caffeine to see if that boosts it up as well. I didn't have high expectations on it or anything just wanted to try it out for some extra focus. Would be the first stim I don't respond to...

Edit: read the review and it said the dose was 600mg in the morning. I was worried to go this high since some people complain about headaches on anything over 250-300mg..
did u try biotest spike or was it pure sub? maybe the batch could not have been optimal, thats always a possiblity.:yawn:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Pure sulb (Custom's) is the worst tasting supp ever.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cap it, thats what i do when i take phenibut , which is for sleep , stress, or maybe after i completed a task and just want to relax, even greater=0).
I have read in this Forum to NOt take phenibut before close to studying for a test.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I've only used Biotest Spike....but I'm a big fan. It really seems to deliver on the promise of selectively stimulating the speech and language centers of the brain.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Pure sulb (Custom's) is the worst tasting supp ever.
Naw Ive had....MUCH worse :)

I think Im going to double my dose and try it at 600mg...

Edit: 600mg has no effect on me...oh well

Last edited:
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Questions on biotest spike:

The sample package SPIKE formula is different than the pills sold at wal-mart. Also the wal mart pills are bigger, and not capped, they look like a vitamin; although, there the same color, yellow.also the mg dose is different by 50 mgs.

The samples formula: T-max: 350 mgs(biotest proprietary Nano-dispersed gel thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) caffeine, lauroyl macrogol-32 glycerides

The wal-mart vitamin looking pills(not capped) 400 mgs(biotest proprietary thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) caffeine

The only thing that the sample has that the vitamin look alikes doesnt have is :Nano-dispersed gel and lauroyl macrogol-32 glycerides

The Nano-dispersed gel and lauroyl macrogol-32 glycerides doesnt matter all that matters is the thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) because thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) is Sulbutiamine right?

sorry if tis obvious, i research it, couldnt find it, and am in a rush today, am wondering if anyone knows if this is fact?

if noone knows ill research when i have time. Thanks

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Is that sample really old Smeton???

They refomulated it a while back. I had some of the old caps - they now are pills I think. (Or maybe that's backwards.)
I think they did a bit of a reformulation with the encapsulation change.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes JMHO theyve been lying around for 6 months to a year , in my supplement box.=)

also i think the answer is yes thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) is the same thing as Sulbutiamine. Im going to keep researching it , intill i find the answer and ill post it, if i find it so if anyone has a question about it, youll know the answer. Also feel free to post it if you know the answer because ill get the email, as im on researching in about 2 seconds, after i get off this forum and into search. cheers

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yes - pretty sure that is the same as sulb.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it is. Heres a Reveiw of just one guys opinion, theres many reviews out there..while im not advocating (im not looking it up in the dic, did i use that word wrong..lol i dont think so, maybe) biotest, but Sulbutiamine is the same thing as thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide). thats all i know for now on my review.

Juicescholar Says:

June 27th, 2006 at 7:56 pm
While I couldn’t agree more with your deconstruction of the Spike claims to fame, the active ingredients include caffeine and what they call thiamine di(2-methylpropionate) disulfide - in another lifetime, it was called sulbutiamine, I think. Quick literature review on sulbutiamine shows some very, very interesting properties. This is not to vouch for Spike in any way (it makes me very intellectually aggressive, btw, in addition to being a nice pre-workout stimulant - I become a right dickhead on it…or more of one, depending on whom you ask), just to say that the substance is showing smoke, if not fire.

Biotest, the company that makes Spike, has a history of doing some fairl convincing literature research and then speculating, often without success (like with their myostatin inhibitor, Myostat, that did nothing), but sometimes with great results. Curious to know what you make of sulbutiamine itself - clearly not an amphetamine, but not just another cup of coffee either.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Questions on biotest spike:

The sample package SPIKE formula is different than the pills sold at wal-mart. Also the wal mart pills are bigger, and not capped, they look like a vitamin; although, there the same color, yellow.also the mg dose is different by 50 mgs.

The samples formula: T-max: 350 mgs(biotest proprietary Nano-dispersed gel thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) caffeine, lauroyl macrogol-32 glycerides

The wal-mart vitamin looking pills(not capped) 400 mgs(biotest proprietary thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) caffeine

The only thing that the sample has that the vitamin look alikes doesnt have is :Nano-dispersed gel and lauroyl macrogol-32 glycerides

The Nano-dispersed gel and lauroyl macrogol-32 glycerides doesnt matter all that matters is the thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) because thiamine di(2-methylpropionate)disulfide) is Sulbutiamine right?

sorry if tis obvious, i research it, couldnt find it, and am in a rush today, am wondering if anyone knows if this is fact?

if noone knows ill research when i have time. Thanks
Yes, the original formulation was in gelcaps. They reformulated it and now it is a yellow football shaped pill. I haven't noticed a difference in the effects between the two.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Interesting YR. I did. I thought the original gels were way better than the new caps.
(I've only had sample packs though...)

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Interesting YR. I did. I thought the original gels were way better than the new caps.
Everyone's body is different. Did they change the formula any between the old and new or just the delivery system?

The very first time I took this (original formula) I got a headache but I was already on the tail end of a day's worth of stims and heading into a stressful night meeting when I took it. The second
time it was great. I've kept a bottle of these in my office desk drawer on and off ever since.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea. I thought just the delievery system - but that's a guess.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey JMHo, how can you know if the original gels are way better than the new caps, if you only tryed the new caps? :icon_lol: Am i making sense?

also where did you hear this? has anyone else heard this?

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I got some from "Relentless Improvement", 400 and 600 mgs didn't seem to do much. I tried 800 this morning and it was awesome! No headache at all and just a very focused feeling. I looked on their site and they said the half-life was about 5 hours. I'm going to try another dose this afternoon and see how it goes.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I got some from "Relentless Improvement", 400 and 600 mgs didn't seem to do much. I tried 800 this morning and it was awesome! No headache at all and just a very focused feeling. I looked on their site and they said the half-life was about 5 hours. I'm going to try another dose this afternoon and see how it goes.
Ok, Im going to dose it at 800mg next time im able to use it. Thanks!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I have tried both the old and new Spike's, Sme.

Interestingly enough - I got 2 boxes at Wal-mart for $9 each. So, 56 caps for $18 - good deal (I thought at the time - still not sure if it really was or not).

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
2nd dose of 800 mgs 6 hours later was fine also. Focus came back, no headaches at all. Cool stuff, I'm really getting a lot done around the office!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2nd dose of 800 mgs 6 hours later was fine also. Focus came back, no headaches at all. Cool stuff, I'm really getting a lot done around the office!!
This makes me really anxious to bring this in.

Damn minimums.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This makes me really anxious to bring this in.

Damn minimums.
Im only using it really for training and a mental effect, better motor skills, better activation of speech, better activation of patterns and just va better overall quality of life in general.

I dont really need the big doses; however, if i do decide i want to try it. i know where to go. For now spike does the job. :bb:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you notice a better mind/muscle connection?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Sulbutamine is also an ingredient in the new IBE product X-Force. I haven't tried my sample caps yet but it will be interesting to see how it works with the other items they have in their formulation.

Last edited:
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
higher mental capacity. Better use of the Language. Things seem like a peice of cake, making any sense? that just what it seems like. so far i seem to like it.

1 capsule of spike(walmart 9 $ little yellow footballs) are nice.

2 capsules seem to make me a bit speedy, analyzing it, its probally the caffinine, but my body can adjust.

so far 1 capsule does the trick. so i might just use 1 capsule for a safe call. Then when i really want to get crazy maybe 2. but for now why only do 2 when 1 works. do what works!

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Wow...last night after the second dose of 800 wore off (5 1/2 hours or so), I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Just extremely tired! Nothing else noteable.

Did the two doses again today. The focus didn't seem to be quite as much as yesterday...still good though. A little less affect it seemed.

Will see if I get as tired tonight and if the effects seem to be any less tomorrow.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i read somewhere that sulbutiamine aids in sleep.

No hype says comboning phenibut and sulbutiamine seems to assist in sleeping; although , it might have just been the phenibut. isn't that what you said NOHYPE?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont mean to get off the subject here but does anyone know how much caffinine is in the yellow football spike capsules(sold at wal-mart)?

Too much caffinine my body doesnt like. Some Caff and my body seems to do well with.

Im loving Sulbutiamine!

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
I dont mean to get off the subject here but does anyone know how much caffinine is in the yellow football spike capsules(sold at wal-mart)?

Too much caffinine my body doesnt like. Some Caff and my body seems to do well with.

Im loving Sulbutiamine!
I too was wondering this... how many mg caffeine and how many mg sulbutiamine. I searced around and could not find it anywhere.... probably biotest's little secret.

I bought a bottle of spike today am excited to try it out for the 1st time tomorrow morning... I shall post my thoughts tomorrow!

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
i read somewhere that sulbutiamine aids in sleep.

No hype says comboning phenibut and sulbutiamine seems to assist in sleeping; although , it might have just been the phenibut. isn't that what you said NOHYPE?

Well.... I am not sure wether or not sulbutiamine's properties coincide with sleep aid, however when I need quality rest.... it seems to help. I include about 200mg sulbutiamine, 150mg R-Dihydro Lipoic Acid, and a calcium/mineral blend, along with my phenibut/Powerfull/REM combination. :thumbsup:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I doubt anyone has any clue how much caff. and sulb (exactly) are in one cap of Spike.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We got a small run of Sulb. caps made, and we are going to go ahead and release them for a trial here at AM.

If you are willing to pick up some caffeine tabs and do a log, then we should be able to donate some Sulb. caps.

Mike Combs

Mike Combs

Awards
We got a small run of Sulb. caps made, and we are going to go ahead and release them for a trial here at AM.

If you are willing to pick up some caffeine tabs and do a log, then we should be able to donate some Sulb. caps.
when will these be available?

thanks

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im in. i have my caffeine pills. and i already have started my log in the supplement section. Im also a member of nutraplanet and do business there, if that helps.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Took my 1st dose this am (1 cap) and I like it... different kind of energy than the run of the mill energy/thermo supp... dont think I got the optimal effects though... woke up at 2:30 am to my step son crying 'cause he had a nightmare and from then on , I was wide awake. I took 3mg of melatonin, and a doxylamine tablet and never fell fully back to sleep... I think the effects should be more pronounced if well rested. Sooooooo tomorrow!

One thing I did notice though and maybe this was a one-off but it totally killed my appetite, which I'm not a big fan of... I had to force myself to eat.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive read on the biotest information that its says to take Spike, and i think its referring to Sulbutiamine,, to take at least one month for full results. I dotn know how true this is, but i have to say the first day i took it voila i got results!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established

I don't see these on your site.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't see these on your site.
they aren't there yet.

We are awaiting delivery of the final material. In the meantime, we picked up some premade capsules and I wanted to give them out to the members here for testing.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Took my 1st dose this am (1 cap) and I like it... different kind of energy than the run of the mill energy/thermo supp... dont think I got the optimal effects though... woke up at 2:30 am to my step son crying 'cause he had a nightmare and from then on , I was wide awake. I took 3mg of melatonin, and a doxylamine tablet and never fell fully back to sleep... I think the effects should be more pronounced if well rested. Sooooooo tomorrow!

One thing I did notice though and maybe this was a one-off but it totally killed my appetite, which I'm not a big fan of... I had to force myself to eat.
This is very basic but extremely true. If you get optimal sleep, Nurition and training the supplements will work optimally.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took Phenibut last night and got the best nights sleep. im feeling very laid back.

Im taking spike and im wondering, if taking spike, with the added caffin, i take two tablets, have any interactions?

i wouldnt think so but just making sure if anyone has expirenced.