Do you Tan--if so read this!!!

Who would be interested in a tanning lotion that is also UV protective and full of antioxidants that produces a beautiful tan QUICKLY?

What current products do you use and is it UV protective?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I use bronzer called Worship Me. It works really good. But it better for 40 bucks a bottle

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would definitely be interested in this! The one I currently use is called 'Almost Famous' by Australian Gold. It's got bronzer in it but I'm not sure at the moment if it's UV protective.

Edit- I checked, and it does not say UV protective

Last edited:
wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My gf is a manager in a very large tanning salon. I'm real close with the owners also. I've used many many different lotions bronzers, tingles. ect. I can't lie though I'd have a hard time naming any of them and just take what is given based on their experiance/expertise (sp?). I'm very interested though in where you're going with this as honestly you've yet to come out with something that I don't like.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Id say that market is already saturated and not to invest your money into it. California tan is the biggest manufacturer. Also nowadays people are going for the mystic tan, or spray tan, its instant lasts 7-10 days, and is not harmful. The lotions most tanners use is very high quality and has UV protection it them as well.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
The word on the street is that forskolin can tan if it is rubbed on. Bet thats where he is going with this. Good price and a tan that isn't orange and i think you have a winner, my conception aobut tanning lotions is that it will make me orange and/or is too expensive.

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The word on the street is that forskolin can tan if it is rubbed on. Bet thats where he is going with this. Good price and a tan that isn't orange and i think you have a winner, my conception aobut tanning lotions is that it will make me orange and/or is too expensive.
Thats what I was thinking, as I am experimenting with this right now. I have to try a different carrier, saturated to the max, but the current attempt is not going fast enough... in my mind at least. (only testing one forearm to compare).

TSC

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Thats what I was thinking, as I am experimenting with this right now. I have to try a different carrier, saturated to the max, but the current attempt is not going fast enough... in my mind at least. (only testing one forearm to compare).

TSC
Are you using a supplement type transdermal carrier, or just some sort of sunscreen? Also, are you using it in conjunction with sun/UV exposure? At avant the article posted touted it as an alternative to UV exposure. Thanks in advance

Joe's Average

Awards
This is more of a statement to just to add on, but most sun screens lose their full strength after a year. So, if it is sitting on the shelf and isn't being used until next summer, you might as well throw it out. This was some research I did a few years ago for an independent project. Just thought I'd share the wealth :cheers:

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are you using a supplement type transdermal carrier, or just some sort of sunscreen? Also, are you using it in conjunction with sun/UV exposure? At avant the article posted touted it as an alternative to UV exposure. Thanks in advance
I think the other thread on this site is in the news/articles forum. I mentioned it in there, but I am first trying a sunscreen liquid. No additional sun exposure, I am using the undersides of my forearm for that reason. I noticed a small change initially, but I think the majority of the powder (i used 95% forskolin) didn't dissolve. I will try ab-solved as a carrier next, and then something else I'll mix up. Eclypse over at M&M has a photo after a few days. He is doing the same thing but with a hand lotion (or something like that). The best carrier and dosing is obviously still in the works :).

TSC

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Thanks tsc...think I am gonna try it and will report back wehnever i get around to doing it. Joe's, thanks for your input too, interesting since everyone keeps the same sunscreen and uses it over and over forever

2fresh

2fresh

Awards
How the heck do you guys get lotion on your back!??!! I can't reach over half my back!