I am trying out a NO2 hombrew for kicks!

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I have started taking 3 grams of Arginine 3 times daily with a high carb drink. I will let you know what, if any, results I garner from this.

WW7

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Cool. Tell us how it works out. Do you know if there are any other ingredients in the real NO2?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
MRI has an "exclusive" pHyser3 delivery system....all this is comprised of cacium phosphate, cellulose ethers and magnesium steartate Ive read, not to mention the Arginine.

All this translates to another pissing in the wind product

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket
MRI has an "exclusive" pHyser3 delivery system....all this is comprised of cacium phosphate, cellulose ethers and magnesium steartate Ive read, not to mention the Arginine.

All this translates to another pissing in the wind product
So YJ, am I right to assume that there is no benefit to doing Arg. like this? The NO2 exposed thread sparked my interest. Is it a waste in you opinion?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
The arginine was free so I figured what the hay. Here is part of that thread:

So i've told you how overpriced NO2 is, but I also told you that there are positive responses for the stuff. Quite the dilemma, eh? Well, not to worry amigos, because I have the answer: A HOMEMADE NO2.

How are we going to homemake this stuff you ask? Well, we have two things to look at. First, the arginine.

So far, the cheapest yet highest quality argnine i've found is the one made by a company called "Now". They come in 120 capsule bottles of 1000 mg. arginine caps.

To achieve the doseage of NO2, you would have to take 3 tablets of this stuff twice daily, so that's 6 caps per day. This stuff comes in a 120 cap. bottle, so that's a 20 day supply. But NO2 comes in a 30 day supply! Oh no. You have to buy two bottles of Now's arginine. The cheapest I've seen this stuff go for is $10.80 per bottle. So for a one month supply, you spend a little more than $15, and you still have 60 caps left over.
(Note - bodybuilding.com doesn't sell the stuff made by now, but they do have 500 mg. caps made by ultimate nutrition -
target=_blank>http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/argini.html

(vitaglo sells the now one w/ FREE shipping)

Actually, b/c NO2 has a more high absorbed form of Arginine than pure arginine, i'd recommend a higher doseage if your taking it pure. Somewhere around 10-15 grams per day

Next, the 'delivery' system. The best way to take care of this is to take your arginine with a glass of OJ. The OJ will adjust your stomach pH levels to the levels they need to be at, and the sugar will help raise insulin levels with will increase the argnine uptake.

Voila! The "magic" of NO2, at 1/3rd the price!!!

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
No way bro, trying it out and letting us in your results is never a waste of time and I see some physiological pathways for changes in the body, especially the cells with this product (mainly the Arginine) so more powert to you and I hope the results are incredible

snakeman458

Awards
i was taking argenine in effervesant orange. it makes you johnson alot more active.

but i didnt feel the pumps i was supposed to get from it. ww7 let us know what you find.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by jweave23
hope it works for you bro, good luck!!

Well thanks to you it just might work bro!!!!

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
It might be but I was given the arginine for free so.....;)

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Ornithine I believe works in conjunction with arginine, and you'll often find the two paired together sometimes lysine. But lysine competes with arginine for absorption in the body (I think there's astudy somewhere at BB.com).

I think there was also a study done on ornithine, something about doses over 100mg being harmful, but the guy over at BB.com wasn't very convincing.

Regardless just take straight arginine or Arginine-AKG and they'll do the trick (if the trick works!).

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I do have a more intense pump which has some good benefits in the long wrong.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
I have started taking 3 grams of Arginine 3 times daily with a high carb drink. I will let you know what, if any, results I garner from this.

WW7
If you can, try to take more than that....

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
i agree

the general consensus on the big thread over at bb.com was 12g or so a day spread out in 3 doses...

i'm really thinking hard about trying it; i just dunno if it'll work :)
i trust ww7 tho; never heard of that icex99 guy even tho he may mean well :)

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
i agree

the general consensus on the big thread over at bb.com was 12g or so a day spread out in 3 doses...

i'm really thinking hard about trying it; i just dunno if it'll work :)
i trust ww7 tho; never heard of that icex99 guy even tho he may mean well :)
well...last i heard from that thread Icex999 was working on a new formulation for the homebrew...

MassMachine

Awards
You wont get the same effect from the homemade version than the real N02, im not going to go into it and cause a huge argument, because we are all entitled to our own opinions.  But ive had 2 meetings with Ed Byrd himself, ive asked him a lot of questions that any normal guy trying to clown his product would, and he came back with some very good and very well thought answers.  My opinion on N02 ?...it works, theres no doubt about it, anyone that say it does nothing at all, obviosly hasnt tried it, BUT...for the price, i think its not worth the money.  He also has a patend on the Physer system, which he explained to me how he researched.  There is a lot more to it than just readin the free book he gives you, like i said, ive met him face to face twice and got to ask my fiar share of questions that im sure hes been asked 100 times, so im getting information a little more forward, hes a good guy, and i think N02 has a future, once the price gets lowered a considerable amount, it wont be as bad, but if you heard of the price it was first going to be before he released it, you would freak.  With all new products, theres a lot of people out there that will automaticly clown them right off the bat, and there are those people that will clown products that they have never tried, just because someone else doesnt like it, i say if you havnt tried it yourself, then you really dont know what your talking about.  Anyways, not trying to start a argument, thought id drop my 2 cents.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
You wont get the same effect from the homemade version than the real N02, im not going to go into it and cause a huge argument, because we are all entitled to our own opinions.  But ive had 2 meetings with Ed Byrd himself, ive asked him a lot of questions that any normal guy trying to clown his product would, and he came back with some very good and very well thought answers.  My opinion on N02 ?...it works, theres no doubt about it, anyone that say it does nothing at all, obviosly hasnt tried it, BUT...for the price, i think its not worth the money.  He also has a patend on the Physer system, which he explained to me how he researched.  There is a lot more to it than just readin the free book he gives you, like i said, ive met him face to face twice and got to ask my fiar share of questions that im sure hes been asked 100 times, so im getting information a little more forward, hes a good guy, and i think N02 has a future, once the price gets lowered a considerable amount, it wont be as bad, but if you heard of the price it was first going to be before he released it, you would freak.  With all new products, theres a lot of people out there that will automaticly clown them right off the bat, and there are those people that will clown products that they have never tried, just because someone else doesnt like it, i say if you havnt tried it yourself, then you really dont know what your talking about.  Anyways, not trying to start a argument, thought id drop my 2 cents.
I'm just curious as to why he'd patent a delivery system that is purely fillers, which is used in most $2 grocery store vitamins.

lox450

Awards
Hey Wind,

Any report for us on how the arginine is working out for you?

Thanks in advance,

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I did not end up using it for very long bro. Sorry I could not be more help.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Hey Wind,

Any report for us on how the arginine is working out for you?

Thanks in advance,
As the one who came up with the homebrew (i'm Icex999 over a bb.com for those who don't know yet), i just wanted to say a few things....

Time releasing the ingredients of the homebrew is the real challenge. I ran a test on myself a few weeks ago, taking 1 gram every hour for as long as I was awake. Well, the pump was pretty huge, but it went away the next day, but came back once i took the gram again every hour on the hour. The original homebrew, which is something similar to what WW7 did produced mediocre results. The increased pump was noticeable and as witnessed by myself, recovery time decreased.

Taking a gram of arginine on the hour, every hour isn't very convenient, which is why i have stopped doing it. Taking the three 4 gram doses produced mediocre results, so it wasn't really worth the money. If you really want to give something similar to NO2 a try without a hard hit to the wallet, try Nitro-AKG by musclemass.com. The ingredients are nearly identical, and the Nitro-AKG is less than half the price (Nitro is around 32.99 and NO2 now goes @ GNC for $79.99).

Personally, I'm waiting until Chuck Diesel releases his NOS Precursor formula (available at getnos.com). I've been talking to him about it, and I was able to convince him to send me a free bottle once production is complete. Once I get it, I'll run a cycle and let you guys know how it goes.

Peace,
~Sheesh

scotty2

Awards
  • Established

Personally, I'm waiting until Chuck Diesel releases his NOS Precursor formula (available at getnos.com). I've been talking to him about it, and I was able to convince him to send me a free bottle once production is complete. Once I get it, I'll run a cycle and let you guys know how it goes.

Peace,
~Sheesh
Doesn't CHUCK DIESEL pimp some glutamine nonsense? I know he suggested peopple take glutamine instead of protein. Don't know how much stock I would put in his products.

institutional

Awards

Doesn't CHUCK DIESEL pimp some glutamine nonsense? I know he suggested peopple take glutamine instead of protein. Don't know how much stock I would put in his products.

icex, do you see any kind of undesirable side effects with these no2 products, any types of toxicity? ive heard of some people questioning the product from safety perspective.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established

You must be thinking of the wrong guy. Either way, it's a free bottle....

shpongled

Awards
To anyone thinking about doing this, there is a simple way to determine the efficacy of Arginine AKG vs. Arginine alone. Get one of those $20 blood pressure monitors. The lower your blood pressure compared to normal, the more effective the product is. I'd be interested in somebody trying this and posting.

Speaking of which the reason some people might not get effects from this is because they take stimulants or other substances that raise blood pressure.

I would agree with that statement to an extent. To those who haven't been following the debate at the Avant board, I'll bring you up to speed.

First of all, the evidence might not be "substantial" as of yet according to some but none can deny that it is significant, seeing as evidence showing NO2 to cause muscle gain is insignificant. "Amazing pumps" is what you'll hear, and some reports of strength gains which could just as likely be due to placebo - and having increased vascularity definitely has a psychological benefit.

In theory, NO2 causes increased nutrient delivery to the muscles because of increased vasodilation. But, since eNOS (or any other NOS isoform) is not locally distributed in muscle tissue, the vasodilation is systemic (happens in every part of the body). Thus, the proportion of nutrients delivered to the muscles is still exactly the same compared to every other part of the body. And there's positively nothing to suggest that increased systemic vasodilation would have positive health benefits, other than avoiding hypertension. But if you aren't worried about high blood pressure, this product should make you worry about low blood pressure. I want to emphasize this: ALL this product does is lower your blood pressure.

Here's some things you should know:

1)Go to pubmed (www.pubmed.org) and run a search for "excess dietary arginine." There are many studies done on this. You will find that when you have a disproportionately large amount of arginine in your diet, it will lead to lysine and methionine deficiency. So if you choose to supplement this product, you should supplement with both of these as well, but be aware that taking in too much methionine isn't a good thing either.
2)AKG crosses the blood-brain barrier. AKG breaks down to glutamate. Increased glutamate levels in the brain are toxic, which happens to increase NO levels. It's not hard to put two and two together. We should be able to find out if this is happening for sure if AAKG actually does have a unique effect over arginine alone. I've found there may be a feedback mechanism that keeps straight arginine from having too significant of an effect on NO levels.
3)Increasing nitric oxide levels in the body above normal levels can: Decrease testosterone production, weaken the blood-brain barrier, and increase the amount of free radicals in the bloodstream and elsewhere exponentially.

David

shpongled

Awards

You must be thinking of the wrong guy. Either way, it's a free bottle....
Yes, Chucky did say that in a recent bb.com thread.

"I grow the same on 20g or more grams/day as I did on 5-8 scoops of optimum whey, or 3 or 4 scoops of isopure."

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96259&highlight=glutamine+chuck

I doubt there could be much harm in taking his product if you get it for free, it's got a bunch of good stuff in there... at miniscule doses.

David

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established

I doubt there could be much harm in taking his product if you get it for free, it's got a bunch of good stuff in there... at miniscule doses.

David
Has he released the formula yet?

And as for the glutamine issue, i don't see how it would work from a physiological/biochemical standpoint, but if it gives himself results, then sure, why not? He seems to preach the same mantra that I do thatmost of the protein in your diet should come from real food. Personally, I don't even take glutamine, but if it's working for him, then good for him. Right? :cool:

lox450

Awards
Ice,
I just ordered some of Chuck's NOS yesterday and I too am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. When I bought regular NO2, it worked nice for me so I'm hoping Chuck's product will be even better. I guess we'll find out...

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Ice,
I just ordered some of Chuck's NOS yesterday and I too am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. When I bought regular NO2, it worked nice for me so I'm hoping Chuck's product will be even better. I guess we'll find out...
Yup. Stuff doesn't ship out til the 27th though, so it'll be a while til either of us get it....be sure to post your results here, as I will...

Alot of the ingredients in NOS precursor are the same as the ones in DFR, but I don't mind because I actually got noticeably increased pumps from DFR, even on non-workout days (maybe from gymnostemna?). With this product, as it has more Nitric Oxide stimulators, maybe it'll actually meet its claims of a huge perpetual pump, etc. I guess we'll have to just wait it out and see...

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
First of all, the evidence might not be "substantial" as of yet according to some but none can deny that it is significant, seeing as evidence showing NO2 to cause muscle gain is insignificant.
Dave, i'm just curious as to if you've read some of those new studies on weight training with occlusion coming out of Japan. I can dig them up if you'd like. I'd actually say that they support the claims that increased Nitric Oxide leads to muscle growth (significant growth actually, if you read the studies).

shpongled

Awards

Dave, i'm just curious as to if you've read some of those new studies on weight training with occlusion coming out of Japan. I can dig them up if you'd like. I'd actually say that they support the claims that increased Nitric Oxide leads to muscle growth (significant growth actually, if you read the studies).
I'd be very interested in seeing them, seeing as

Training/muscle growth ---> Increased eNOS (responsible for the pump)

But I have yet to see if the reverse is true. The NO levels induced by training are concentrated to muscle tissue, which is why there would be increased nutrient/oxygen delivery. Do these studies deal with systemic NO delivery, or NO delivery specific to muscle tissue? Because these supps we're talking about only cause systemic increases.

David

shpongled

Awards

Yup. Stuff doesn't ship out til the 27th though, so it'll be a while til either of us get it....be sure to post your results here, as I will...

Alot of the ingredients in NOS precursor are the same as the ones in DFR, but I don't mind because I actually got noticeably increased pumps from DFR, even on non-workout days (maybe from gymnostemna?). With this product, as it has more Nitric Oxide stimulators, maybe it'll actually meet its claims of a huge perpetual pump, etc. I guess we'll have to just wait it out and see...
The NO precursor ingredients may be of use. At least it doesn't contain AAKG, which is my main beef. But the OKG combined with arg. -may- exhibit the same effect. Either way it's a safer bet. From the limited research I've done on OKG there's evidence to go both ways.

As for the propriety blend, gynostemma appears to be the only ingredient with some possible use. Still, the dosages for all seem much to low (what is less than a gram of ribose supposed to achieve?) And I don't see an effective delivery mechanism for the DIM. If I may, I would recommend taking it with some Vitamin E. Also I'd recommend supplementing with lysine to avoid lysine deficiency. Just my opinions....

David

The Conqueror

Awards
It seems to me the that "The jury is still out" on all of the NO2 homebrews and others. Some in icex999's thread saw results some didn't. (I spent nearly 4 hours reading 23 pagtes last night)

Personally, I am really curious to know about what people think of the quality of:

Nitro-AKG
&
NOS Precursor

Like everyone else price is a major consideration to me. However, RESULTS are the most important.

My major concern based on the opions of others that I've read both here and on BB.com has been that this product gives you a great perpetual pump. However, there lack of information that it ADDS muscle. I do not want to put extra time and money into a product that makes me look like I just left the gym. I wanna GROW and do the other on my on!

Keep me posted guys! Peace
MB - The Celtic Conqueror

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
It seems to me the that "The jury is still out" on all of the NO2 homebrews and others. Some in icex999's thread saw results some didn't. (I spent nearly 4 hours reading 23 pagtes last night)

Personally, I am really curious to know about what people think of the quality of:

Nitro-AKG
&
NOS Precursor

Like everyone else price is a major consideration to me. However, RESULTS are the most important.

My major concern based on the opions of others that I've read both here and on BB.com has been that this product gives you a great perpetual pump. However, there lack of information that it ADDS muscle. I do not want to put extra time and money into a product that makes me look like I just left the gym. I wanna GROW and do the other on my on!

Keep me posted guys! Peace
MB - The Celtic Conqueror
I'm honored that you would spend that much time going through my thread over at bodybuilding.com.....

As for the question of muscle growth, pretty much nobody is seeing increased rates of muscular hypertrophy with these products, be it NoX, NO2, Nitro-AKG, or any of the other nitric oxide potentiators. Preliminary results from NOS are showing that some people are getting more muscle growth, but it's still too early to tell.

Bottom line is, you'd be better off spending your money on good and a good protein shake if you're interested in packing on muscle mass.