Plan of Attack for Creatine NonResponder

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Ive never responded to any creatine, ever, no matter what.
I want to give it one more shot before calling it quits for good.
How does this mix look?

Kre Alk - 3g
For the buffering

Magnesium Creatine Chelate- 3g
For the supposed acid protection

Creatine Gluconate - 3g
For the glucose delivery

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I am a non-responder myself and the only one that kind of worked was SizeOn. Keep in mind, however, that it is the carb in it that makes it so good, not necessarily the creatine gluconate. Good luck anyway.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Damn thats a lot of creatine to be taking everyday.

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Yea it is more than I would like to take. But I need to figure something out. I thought these three seemed to address the problems I might have with absorption of creatine. Levels off acid in the digestive system, protects from acid, and a delivery system.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Yea it is more than I would like to take. But I need to figure something out. I thought these three seemed to address the problems I might have with absorption of creatine. Levels off acid in the digestive system, protects from acid, and a delivery system.
I am a bit curious. What has led you to belive that you have a problem with the absorbtion of supplemental creatine?

What is it that makes you a non-responder?

ECV2837

Awards
If you take all three at once, how will you know which one is working?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I remember about 5 years ago, over when the bodybuilding.com forums were a big thing (maybe they still are)

Every single teen bodybuilder on that forum was labeling themselves as a creatine non responder, and i actually posted something saying that I thought they were crazy, and that i bet maybe something like 5 percent or less of people were TRUE non responders, if that, and the rest was just because they weren't training correctly/dieting proper/etc..

Long story short I got absolutely blasted by everybody for accusing them of not working out properly when they had a true problem they couldn't help.

Ridiculous

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I remember about 5 years ago, over when the bodybuilding.com forums were a big thing (maybe they still are)

Every single teen bodybuilder on that forum was labeling themselves as a creatine non responder, and i actually posted something saying that I thought they were crazy, and that i bet maybe something like 5 percent or less of people were TRUE non responders, if that, and the rest was just because they weren't training correctly/dieting proper/etc..

Long story short I got absolutely blasted by everybody for accusing them of not working out properly when they had a true problem they couldn't help.

Ridiculous
I hear ya there bro.

It seems a lot of people have inacurate, pre-concieved notions in reguards to supplemental creatine, and what it.... "should" do.

We all have creatine present in the body, and it does it's job everyday.... Does anyone notice it's effects then?

If one's expectations of a product are greater than the results of what the product can actually deliver, dissapointment will soon follow.

In any case, reguardless of results, supplemental creatine has been proven time and time again, to raise creatine serum levels, so we know it gets into the bloodstream one way or another.

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
I am a bit curious. What has led you to belive that you have a problem with the absorbtion of supplemental creatine?

What is it that makes you a non-responder?

To answer your question No Hype, I consider myself a non responder because any form of creatine I have taken has failed to yield even the slightest effect.
For the last seven years I have been living this lifestyle, the last four years Ive been a fairly serious competetive athlete. In this process I have learned about my body.
Creatine supplementation for me provides no benefits at all above my normal baseline gains/ improvements.
Do I expect miracles? Definetly not. But once a solid diet, training protocol, and work ethic has been established, I do expect my supplements to be supplemental.

So perhaps I am a non responder because
1. I am having an absorption problem.
2. My body is efficiently and optimally producing and replacing endogenous creatine stores.

With this being said, do you guys feel as if my idea is overkill, and if so what do you reccomend?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
To answer your question No Hype, I consider myself a non responder because any form of creatine I have taken has failed to yield even the slightest effect.
For the last seven years I have been living this lifestyle, the last four years Ive been a fairly serious competetive athlete. In this process I have learned about my body.
Creatine supplementation for me provides no benefits at all above my normal baseline gains/ improvements.
Do I expect miracles? Definetly not. But once a solid diet, training protocol, and work ethic has been established, I do expect my supplements to be supplemental.

2. My body is efficiently and optimally producing and replacing endogenous creatine stores.

With this being said, do you guys feel as if my idea is overkill, and if so what do you reccomend?
I took creatine mono for a long enough time thinking it worked. I stopped taking it a few years ago and noticed no decline in gains, reps or strength. My gains/reps/strength increases are the same on creatine as off creatine. It can’t be my training or diet that is off since I do gain I just don’t see any difference using creatine or not. I hope your mix works out for you but I doubt it. I havent tried the the forms you have listed but have tried Creatine: Mono, Di and Cee with no results. I tried each one of those forms seperately for a a while then stoped for a while before trying a new form out never noticing any difference. I gave up :)

-bman-

Awards
try adding cinullin and/or r-ala....i never responded to any creatine except cee omega thunder and i took that with r-ala and made some decent gains next im going to add cinnulin to the mix ---- Muscle and Fitness | Nutrition

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established

Well to answer your question in my opinion.... yes, I do think that protocol is overkill.... here's why (aside from the 9 gram dosage).

The oral administration of supplemental creatine monohydrate has been proven time and time again, to generate very beneficial ergogenic properties. These studies and their results, can not be denied.

All the other forms of supplemental creatine have one thing in common.... TO ATTEMPT TO ACHIEVE GREATER PROPERTIES THAN THAT OF MONOHYDRATE.

If the "proven" monohydrate doesn't do anything at all for ya (or doesn't do anything that you can notice), than I doubt any of the other forms will provide the results that you are looking for.

I used to take mono, but I hated the loading phase and bloat. Then CEE came around and it eliminated those problems, so I just stuck with it. Then the NO products came around and I have since incorporated the two as my main fuel source (aside from basic nutrition) for all my workouts, fights, or any other physical activities.

I never took creatine in hopes to get huge muscles or anything, but I do know that when I don't take it.... a lack of endurance/energy is evident.

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Makaveli Im not taking glutamine except for whats in my whey.

I definetly appreciate your realistic approach to my question No Hype.

While there is no argument that monohydrate has been proven as an effective ergogen for most, I disagree that the aim of other generations of creatine is to achieve greater ergogenic properties than monohydrate.
I feel they have been geared more towards
1. improved bioavailability
2. reduced bloating discomfort, etc

As Im sure everyone already knows, our bodies produce about 2 grams a day on their own. When you take 5 grams of mono, if only 500 mg actually makes it through the system, leaving 4500mg of waste byproduct, you still have an average 25% increase in available creatine stores.

If any of these next gen creatines, many of which are based on monohydrate, can shuttle just 1 gram out of 5 grams oral administration, that yields a 50% increase in available pools, definetly a noticeable difference.

The point Im trying to make, is that I dont doubt that creatine works, I just know that some of us have yet to find a way for it to get to the point where it can work. And thats all Im trying to do.

But most likely I misunderstood your point, and you are saying the exact same thing.

I do think that 9 grams is too much, and I dont plan on using that much, but I was hoping that quantity, in conjunction with the insulin spike, and the acid protection that those products are touted to give will at least get a little bit of the good stuff where it needs to be to do its thing.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure how many different blends/creatine products you've tried, but just to throw it out there, I have recommended V12 Turbo to ALOT of my buddies and they have all said that it is the only creatine product with they NOTICED it having an effect on them. Take that for what it's worth I suppose, i only recommended it to them because it's the best one I've taken as well. Although I do like xCEEd as well.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
"But most likely I misunderstood your point, and you are saying the exact same thing."

Somthing like that, but I hope you can resolve your issue one way or another. I just wanted to clarify one point that I was trying to make....

All of monohydrate's success is based on the established literature and studies that have accompanied it throughout the years. So since it's properties are pretty much set in stone, the only goal left from a manufacturer's standpoint, would be to improve the original.... hence, all of the different forms of creatine that are availible to us. They are all derived from monohydrate.... as soon as the salt molecule is removed, it isn't monohydrate any longer.

Anyways, good luck with your mission.

FLgator

Awards
If you decide to use all the creatines i would choose one and every two weeks add another you might get a better idea to what works better for you

tattoopierced1

you might want to throw some GMS in there too.

Glycerol is a substance which has been shown to elevate blood plasma volume. Recent studies have shown that consuming glycerol before a workout can boost your ability to retain intra-muscular fluid by up to fifty percent.
Dosing should be about 1 part GMS to 1 part of active. For instance, one would consume 3 grams of GMS and 2.5 grams of CEE before a workout. You should note that by using GMS, the average dose of most active ingredients will be less than if used alone.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
you might want to throw some GMS in there too.

Glycerol is a substance which has been shown to elevate blood plasma volume. Recent studies have shown that consuming glycerol before a workout can boost your ability to retain intra-muscular fluid by up to fifty percent.
Dosing should be about 1 part GMS to 1 part of active. For instance, one would consume 3 grams of GMS and 2.5 grams of CEE before a workout. You should note that by using GMS, the average dose of most active ingredients will be less than if used alone.

Thanks for the tip. :head: