Ephedra + Diphenhydramine = ?

Emiran

Awards
I was just thinking this over to my self. I've read about clenbuterol and people say to take some kind of antihistemine with it to re-upregulate beta-2 receptors or something along those lines, and I was thinking if I take ephedra and diphenhydramine (benadryl), will this have pronounced effects? Or would it have any kind of effect at all? I was also thinknig about taking it with some kind of beta blocker like atenolol to prevent the high BP and heart rate. I'm not sure if this is just defeating the purpose though. If anyone knows anything about the synergy of ephedrine and other drugs any information relating to that would be greatly appreciated even if it does not answer the benadryl question.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
With moderate usage you shouldn't need any of the above. Ephedrine isn't strong enough to downgrade reecptors at a low dose. Also, it take ephedrine a while to downgrade receptors.

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
I was just thinking this over to my self. I've read about clenbuterol and people say to take some kind of antihistemine with it to re-upregulate beta-2 receptors or something along those lines, and I was thinking if I take ephedra and diphenhydramine (benadryl), will this have pronounced effects? Or would it have any kind of effect at all? I was also thinknig about taking it with some kind of beta blocker like atenolol to prevent the high BP and heart rate. I'm not sure if this is just defeating the purpose though. If anyone knows anything about the synergy of ephedrine and other drugs any information relating to that would be greatly appreciated even if it does not answer the benadryl question.
Eh, taking ephedra with a Beta blocker would not only cancel out a good deal of its positive effects, but it would also have sides of its own, including insulin-insensitivity (and in the long run, possibly diabetes).

Atenolol would have been a better choice than other Betas (aside from maybe metoprolol), but I wouldn't recommend it at all. Those are prescription drugs for a reason.

I know this is an old thread, but for future reference...