Get more out of your natural anabolic? - AnabolicMinds.com

Get more out of your natural anabolic?

1. Advanced Member

Talking Get more out of your natural anabolic?

DHB (dihydroxybergamottin) inhibits the CYP3A4 enzyme, wich is responsible for first pass metabolism of xenobiotics.

A xenobiotic is any foreign substance wich is not normally present in a living organism or it's diet. Principal xenobiotics include: drugs (antibiotics ect.), carcinogens, and various compounds that have been introduced into the environment by artificial means.

Since xenobiotics are CYP3A4 metabolized, the addition of DHB allows greater amounts of the "target substance" to be metabolized prior to absorbtion, and greater amounts of the target substance reach the systemic circulation, leading to higher concentrations in blood levels, thereby increasing it's therapeutic and or toxic effects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYP3A4
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenobiotic

Since DHB is rarely discussed, I am very curious wether substances such as Powerfull, ect., would truly fit into the catagory of xenobiotics. If so, dosages could be reduced dramatically as well as the amount of money spent on the product.

It should be noted that the use of DHB in combination with harsher substances such as steroids/pro hormones/AI's/ect., is not recommended and may be accompanied with very negative effects on health.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NO HYPE
    DHB (dihydroxybergamottin) inhibits the CYP3A4 enzyme, wich is responsible for first pass metabolism of xenobiotics.

A xenobiotic is any foreign substance wich is not normally present in a living organism or it's diet. Principal xenobiotics include: drugs (antibiotics ect.), carcinogens, and various compounds that have been introduced into the environment by artificial means.

Since xenobiotics are CYP3A4 metabolized, the addition of DHB allows greater amounts of the "target substance" to be metabolized prior to absorbtion, and greater amounts of the target substance reach the systemic circulation, leading to higher concentrations in blood levels, thereby increasing it's therapeutic and or toxic effects.

CYP3A4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Xenobiotic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since DHB is rarely discussed, I am very curious wether substances such as Powerfull, ect., would truly fit into the catagory of xenobiotics. If so, dosages could be reduced dramatically as well as the amount of money spent on the product.

It should be noted that the use of DHB in combination with harsher substances such as steroids/pro hormones/AI's/ect., is not recommended and may be accompanied with very negative effects on health.
    Good info but unless there is data on how the said compound is metabolized - like powerfull, and how it is converted ( in terms of functional groups) it is tough to even guess how to change doses acording to metabolism/active conversion.
  3. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeerDeer
    Good info but unless there is data on how the said compound is metabolized - like powerfull, and how it is converted ( in terms of functional groups)
    I think I know what you're saying in terms of, how it might be hard to figure out proper dosages but I'm not sure what you meant by this.
    •   

4. Advanced Member

According to the definition of xenobiotic, a substance such as Powerfull would be metabolized via the CYP3A4 enzyme.
  5. Registered User

According to the definition of xenobiotic, a substance such as Powerfull would be metabolized via the CYP3A4 enzyme.
    Do we know the exact compund in Powerfull?
  6. Advanced Member

Do we know the exact compund in Powerfull?
    Not entirely, but I think it's pretty safe to say that it's a compound that is not normally present in our bodies or diet, and that would in turn qualify it as a xenobiotic.
  7. Registered User

Not entirely, but I think it's pretty safe to say that it's a compound that is not normally present in our bodies or diet, and that would in turn qualify it as a xenobiotic.
    I see where you're coming from man. I think it gets hairy when we generalize compunds that we don't understadn completely and assume that they are metabolized in a certain way - at the cellular level things are different adn prior to arriving to our blood stream they have been exposed to a particular acidic environment rendering thier functional groups either useless or already converted. The idea of first pass and second pass metabolism would also play a role in the ultimate product. I don't know nor can I speculate that powerfull would qualify as a xenobiotic with properties that would allow one to increase its bioavailability in vivo.

Cheers.
  8. Advanced Member

I see where you're coming from man. I think it gets hairy when we generalize compunds that we don't understadn completely and assume that they are metabolized in a certain way - at the cellular level things are different adn prior to arriving to our blood stream they have been exposed to a particular acidic environment rendering thier functional groups either useless or already converted. The idea of first pass and second pass metabolism would also play a role in the ultimate product. I don't know nor can I speculate that powerfull would qualify as a xenobiotic with properties that would allow one to increase its bioavailability in vivo.

Cheers.
    Fair enough DeerDeer. I understand your point as well.

DHB is an issue that is cloudy and needs to be clarified. It could greatly benefit our way of life by prolonging the systemic circulation of the "target compound".

DHB is well known for these effects on medications and drugs. The manufacturers of DHB claim that it works with various anabolic substances as well.

I just found it interesting that with the manufacturer's claims aside, some of our supplements appear to fall into the catagory of a xenobiotic, and might actually work with DHB.

I guess I'll have to see for myself....

Cheers.
  9. Registered User

Fair enough DeerDeer. I understand your point as well.

DHB is an issue that is cloudy and needs to be clarified. It could greatly benefit our way of life by prolonging the systemic circulation of the "target compound".

DHB is well known for these effects on medications and drugs. The manufacturers of DHB claim that it works with various anabolic substances as well.

I just found it interesting that with the manufacturer's claims aside, some of our supplements appear to fall into the catagory of a xenobiotic, and might actually work with DHB.

I guess I'll have to see for myself....

Cheers.
    Keep us posted! Too bad we can't assay the half life before and after :-(
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

this stuff has been around for a while, I wonder why it has not taken off?
  11. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2
    Yeah, I've always wondered the same thing myself.

It "might" be a pain in the @ss, trying to figure out the proper dosage ratios between DHB and the desired natty anabolic, but it could be done.
  12. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2
    Kinda expensive and you can get similar effect from eating grapefruit or juice.
  13. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf
    Kinda expensive and you can get similar effect from eating grapefruit or juice.
    Actually, it's not all that pricey. Being an extract, it is much more effective than grapefruit. Also, I wouldn't want to eat a grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice prior to working out all of the time.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Get the most out of your PES Products
    By nattydisaster in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 01:05 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 08:58 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 01:40 PM
  4. Getting the best out of your food through nutrient combinations
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 09:19 AM
  5. how can you know if estradiol is out of your test?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 10:04 PM