Supps for Female

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
Hi, just wanted a heads up on what supps I should avoid as a female. I don't compete or anything, just want to be strong and lean. So besides the obvious (test boosters) are there any supps I should avoid. A guy friend of mine says that women should NOT take creatine, but more often than not, its in a pre-workout mix I am taking. Any other input? Thanks guys!

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't see any reason why creatine would be harmful. Futhermore, just do your research. There is no group of supplements you should not take per se, but certain supplements are created/designed for men so just make sure to do some research on particular products before taking them..

If you're question was more specific I'm sure we'd be able to help you better.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I take creatine every day and I love it.
There have been some suggestions that NO2 products do not work as well on females, but I have taken that too and seen results.
Be more specific in what you are looking for and we will try to help.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
I take creatine every day and I love it.
There have been some suggestions that NO2 products do not work as well on females, but I have taken that too and seen results.
Be more specific in what you are looking for and we will try to help.
I've taken a couple of NO2 supps too like Shock Therapy and responded well.

I'm pretty much looking for a new pre-workout energy source. I've been delving a bit into nootropics and like them a lot. I recently tried Focus XT and got subtle results, but I found bulk ALCAR stacked w/ something like Venom or AMP works amazingly, but I have built up a bit of a tolerance.

They say Piracetam intensifies your reaction to nootropics so maybe I'll just add that to the mix, but any suggestions are welcome.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I love both shock therapy and storm, they are great products for me. They give me a nice pump and a good boost at the gym.
Pre-workout I have been taking storm with an EC stack, it gives me the energy I need, but I know some people on here don't like the heart racing that they get from it.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
I love both shock therapy and storm, they are great products for me. They give me a nice pump and a good boost at the gym.
Pre-workout I have been taking storm with an EC stack, it gives me the energy I need, but I know some people on here don't like the heart racing that they get from it.
Well the reason i wanna stray away from AMP, Venom, and an EC stack is because I no longer need their appetite suppressing properties. I'm 115lbs at 5'4", and have like 12% bodyfat, which is very low for a girl

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Holy cow, 12% is insane!!!
Tell me you are taking calcium supps to help your bone density!

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
Holy cow, 12% is insane!!!
Tell me you are taking calcium supps to help your bone density!
Well I'm going from the stupid scale which isn't very accurate at all...

but yeah, I take Viactiv <3

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Hi, just wanted a heads up on what supps I should avoid as a female. I don't compete or anything, just want to be strong and lean. So besides the obvious (test boosters) are there any supps I should avoid. A guy friend of mine says that women should NOT take creatine, but more often than not, its in a pre-workout mix I am taking. Any other input? Thanks guys!
Just let your guy friend know that creatine is already present in both males and females, prior to supplementation. Additional creatine intake has actually been proven to provide many ergogenic benefits.

As far as NO products go, if you want quality results, avoid the caffeine (unless that's your thaaang). Although so many companies include it in the formulation, caffeine has been shown to minimize NO production.

Any NO supplement that I am looking into, must include these ingredients, or I won't even consider it, as they are so crucial for increasing ATP activity (energy), and sustaining NO production.

(1) L-arginine/L-citrulline (works best as a blend)

(2) L-norvaline (dramatically increases NO production)

(3) Creatine (prefferably Creatine Ethyl Ester)

Right now I'm using Horsepower with great results. Out of all of the non-caffeinated NO supplements that I've tried.... this one has provided the most impressive results.

Good luck and keep us posted on what works.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I take Viactiv <3
I'm not trying to change the way you do things, but if you are ever interested in finding a quality calcium supplement that has better absorbtion rates than calcium carbonate (the stuff we write on chalkboards with), than look for the ones that deliver the calcium in various forms. For example, the product I use provides calcium as chelate, citrate, aspartate, and lactate. This ensures maximum efficiency.

Anyways, you know what works for your particular situation better than I.... so don't fix it if it ain't broke.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've always wonder what 12% body fat looks like on a female.
I wonder what is average.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Average and healthy is about 22%.
Athletic is between 18-22%
Lean is 15-18% (abs show at this bf%)
Anything below 15% is pretty ripped and not healthy to maintain.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Average and healthy is about 22%.
Athletic is between 18-22%
Lean is 15-18% (abs show at this bf%)
Anything below 15% is pretty ripped and not healthy to maintain.

Wow what a difference between men and women.