Which Multivitamin?

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hello,

The question you are asking might have been already answered in another thread.
If you use the Search Function, you probably will get your answer quicker.

Thanks,
Rage

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Sams club has like 400 counts for like 20 bucks. Quite a deal, comparing to the smaller 120 count ones that are 15 or so. I say go to Sams/Costco and search.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thinkn we might have to have a duel KeyHAWK. This town ain't big enough for two Hawks!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been using Optimum Nutrition's Opti-Men for a while now. It has alot of man stuff in there. I honestly cant see how anyone can feel anything different when taking multis but they work in their own small ways. if you are lacking anything they will at least help you out. I havent tried much else besides GNC megamen and it think Optimen is better.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ADAM by NOW is a very good multi. minus the fact that it makes you piss neon.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And Keyhawk, don't mind Gurhawkk Jayhawkk. He wants to fight everything...... including little Ewoks.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Anyone know anything about certain binders/fillers/additives in the generic multi's that actually block absorption?

Discussing Multi's reminds me of an argument I had with a nutrition professor. She swore they were the devil...... causing toxicity in many people. Then again, she was around 95 lbs..... and frail looking....

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know anything about certain binders/fillers/additives in the generic multi's that actually block absorption?

Discussing Multi's reminds me of an argument I had with a nutrition professor. She swore they were the devil...... causing toxicity in many people. Then again, she was around 95 lbs..... and frail looking....

I want to know this as well. And regarding your proffesor why is this always the case? Ive seen a nutritionist and lately a Dr. that were both frail and sickly looking giving bad advice.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My first guess would be that most binders and fillers come in the form of cellulose, which is a form of insoluble fiber. In that regards, I'd say that like most fibers it can potentially block the absorption of fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E, and K by binding to bile released by the liver, which would interfer with the digestion and absorption of some vitamins and minerals.

Also, for the professor thing I have to agree that an enourmous amount of nutrition professor are sickly and pale. Their either that or severly overweight and out of shape.

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
I used GNC Megamen before. I am using Nature's Way Alive now. :thumbsup:

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
now adam and mrm's beyond basics are both above average formulations.

moflika

Awards
I'll throw in another vote for NOW Adam. I've always thought that those Sam's Club/Wall Mart brands were pretty much Centrum copies? I could be wrong.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive used them all Gnc mega man, Opti nutrition, Shaklee. Now im using Ast's Multi-pro 32x . I think its ok for a hard trainign athelictic to take this many mgs, i train 7 days a week, 2 days high intensirty cardio, 5 day weights; however, there is always a chance this could be too much. From my understanfdings in the arnold ency too much vitamin A isnt good for you . This has alot of vitamin A. Vit c and E in high doses are safe. If anyone thinks this is too much vitamins for a hard training intense athelite please let me know so i dont kill myself =0). or cause any harm. I take 2 a day, one awaking . One before bed-time.

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 Caplet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount Per Serving: %DV*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vitamin A (as Beta Carotene/Vitamin A Acetate) 10,000 iu 200%

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 200 mg 333%

Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) 400 iu 100%

Vitamin E (as dl-Alpha Tocopheryls) 60 iu 200%

Vitamin K 25 mcg 31%

Thiamin 30 mg 2000%

Riboflavin 30 mg 1765%

Niacin (as Niacinamide) 30 mg 150%

Vitamin B6 30 mg 1500%

Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%

Vitamin B12 30 mcg 500%

Biotin 60 mcg 20%

Pantothenic Acid 30 mg 300%

Calcium (as Di-Calcium Phosphate) 75 mg 8%

Iron (as Ferrous Fumarate) 18 mg 100%

Phosphorus (as Di-Calcium Phosphate) 45 mg 5%

Iodine (as Potassium Iodine) 150 mcg 100%

Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 100 mg 25%

Zinc (as Zinc Chelate) 30 mg 200%

Selenium (as Selenium Chelate) 25 mcg 36%

Copper (as Copper Chelate) 2 mg 100%

Manganese (as Manganese Sulfate) 5 mg 250%

Chromium (as Chromium Chelate) 25 mcg 21%

Molybdenum (as Molybdenum Chelate) 25 mcg 33%

Chloride (as Potassium Chloride) 36 mg < 2%

Potassium (as Potassium Chloride) 40 mg < 2%

Silicon 30 mg *

Tin (as Tin Chelate) 10 mcg *

Vanadium (as Vanadium Chelate) 10 mcg *

Boron (as Boron Chelate) 150 mcg *

Nickel (as Nickel Chelate) 25 mcg *

*Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients: Croscarmellose Sodium, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose

Warning: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
nobody has said animal pak yet!? Been using it for years now, love it. Beverly also makes a very solid multi pak.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
What does everyone think about centrum performance?

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My everyones over lookin the fact that you've got to get some that have a good bio-availabilty. You can stick anything down your throat,but to get your body to absorb it before you s@## it out is another.I will challenge you to try any multi then try Enzymatic Therapy Drs choice for men.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My everyones over lookin the fact that you've got to get some that have a good bio-availabilty. You can stick anything down your throat,but to get your body to absorb it before you s@## it out is another.I will challenge you to try any multi then try Enzymatic Therapy Drs choice for men.
good point. do you have a link?

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry no link!!!!!!!!!!! Just tried everyone and a friend told me about this one . Then one day I tried it and Damn was I supprised.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
Ortho-Core by Restless Improvements... it's a bit pricey, but all of their supplements undergo independent lab testing, which is rare in this industry. Most other companys use their own labs which can get a little sketchy. I order all my nootropics from them and see a significant different between their piracetam and BN's.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Any multi is better than none at all. Do you really need the more expensive one's like AOR or LE, it's hard to say. If you're diet is les than ideal and you may have many deficencies then you may want a more 'complete' multi to fill in the gaps in your diet. But for most here any multi will suffice. The more expensive brands tend to throw in aoxs but at amounts too low to be of much benefit. You're best off using seperate aoxs products.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Ortho-Core by Restless Improvements... it's a bit pricey, but all of their supplements undergo independent lab testing, which is rare in this industry. Most other companys use their own labs which can get a little sketchy. I order all my nootropics from them and see a significant different between their piracetam and BN's.

I agree. :thumbsup:

I find their products to be very effective. They are currently, the only company that I can find that makes sulbutiamine in capsule form.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
Any multi is better than none at all. Do you really need the more expensive one's like AOR or LE, it's hard to say. If you're diet is les than ideal and you may have many deficencies then you may want a more 'complete' multi to fill in the gaps in your diet. But for most here any multi will suffice. The more expensive brands tend to throw in aoxs but at amounts too low to be of much benefit. You're best off using seperate aoxs products.
Spending a little more on a multi-vitamin will help cover your bases and take care of your deficiencies which will give you a stronger foundation upon which all your other supplements will operate. I say it's worth it if it makes the other stuff I spend money on work better.

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
NOW Adam

or

AST Multi Pro 32X
I just switched from the AST to Now Adam, and I feel its far superior. It does make my piss look like a chemlight, but Ive had worse. Plus, the Adam has actually helped with my sleep!

Jason

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Spending a little more on a multi-vitamin will help cover your bases and take care of your deficiencies which will give you a stronger foundation upon which all your other supplements will operate. I say it's worth it if it makes the other stuff I spend money on work better.

.... Excactly. :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I looked at Ortho-Core, looks nice.

9 caps a day, come-on. Do you take them all at once or split them up?

The uis and mgs are not very high. Remember as hard training men , dont we need higher amounts of everything?

I take ASt-ss Multi.

jetdoc

Awards
ADAM by NOW is a very good multi. minus the fact that it makes you piss neon.
I take the same stuff, I found it to contain tons of ingredients men need. I also agree about the pee...I can take a leak at night and it glows..yikes.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
I looked at Ortho-Core, looks nice.

9 caps a day, come-on. Do you take them all at once or split them up?

The uis and mgs are not very high. Remember as hard training men , dont we need higher amounts of everything?

I take ASt-ss Multi.
Haha, I'm a hard trainin' woman ;)

I had a sample of this: More than A Multiple for Women

Of course there's a men's formula too. More than a Multiple for Men

I'm not gonna pretend I'm well-versed enough in UIs and Mgs to know it it's worth it. Any input?

SteelDedication

Awards
I've been using the Universal Animal Pak and the Animal Stak 2 and am pretty pleased

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I see some people putting up some s$%^^& Vitamins. I would like to see what other Vits they have taking to make their conclusions. I mean this is to help people no waste their money. And I have seen alot of BS vitamins on here.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've never noticed any difference from one to another. I think you'd have to have a serious deficiency to 'feel' a multi-vitamin.

The only thing to look at is the ingredients list, and buy the one that looks best.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
I see some people putting up some s$%^^& Vitamins. I would like to see what other Vits they have taking to make their conclusions. I mean this is to help people no waste their money. And I have seen alot of BS vitamins on here.
Please clarify... which are the "s$%^^& Vitamins" and which are worth the money? And what evidence do you have. I ask because I don't wanna waste my money on BS vitamins...

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've never noticed any difference from one to another. I think you'd have to have a serious deficiency to 'feel' a multi-vitamin.

The only thing to look at is the ingredients list, and buy the one that looks best.
Well you picked ET just like me How did you find them alot of others read better. But just dont work better.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

exactly, thats why i have been going with ON's Opti-Men. I mean what is the multi for? Lacking diet? Just in case, to be safe? We dont expect that much from them, at least i dont, so i find the easiest way to choose is looking at the ingredients and getting what you want and what you need for your money.