OLD pro-hormone... Still any good?

Gator762

Awards
In the back of the cupboard I found a bottle of LPJ Research Androdiol (4-Androstenediol). It's about 5 years old, and has been sitting in there at room temp. all of this time.

My guess is that it's still safe, but maybe at only half or quarter of it's original efficacy? Anyone with knowledge or experience on this subject?

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
In the back of the cupboard I found a bottle of LPJ Research Androdiol (4-Androstenediol). It's about 5 years old, and has been sitting in there at room temp. all of this time.

My guess is that it's still safe, but maybe at only half or quarter of it's original efficacy? Anyone with knowledge or experience on this subject?
Actually, it's questionable wether it's safe or not. A chemical's anatomic structure can be altered over time.

Due to degradation over a 5 year span, let alone temperature, the chances of it still containing even trace amounts of the active ingredient are very minimal. 4-andro has a shelf of about 1-2 years.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I found some 19-nor in about the same manner. I figured that it was bunk by now (had an exp. date of 2004). This would be the same (no good), right?

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I found some 19-nor in about the same manner. I figured that it was bunk by now (had an exp. date of 2004). This would be the same (no good), right?
I doubt it will be of much benefit. I believe most transdermals in general, have a shelf of about 2 years tops.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's not a transdermal, it's the old Twinlab or GNC pills....but I still don't think they're any good.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know the stuff that is out now has a shelf-life of two years-five years vacuum sealed-ten vacuum sealed and froze. I would assume that this stuff would be the same way. Too bad to see something like that go to waste, but I'm afraid to chance taking it the conversion is so low anyway that I would need another bottle or two to make a good run with it.

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Actually, it's questionable wether it's safe or not. A chemical's anatomic structure can be altered over time.

Due to degradation over a 5 year span, let alone temperature, the chances of it still containing even trace amounts of the active ingredient are very minimal. 4-andro has a shelf of about 1-2 years.
Anatomic stucture? Wasn't aware it was an organism...Not safe? What are you proposing it turned into?

Not even trace amounts can be detected? What do you think it is, homeopathic or something?

1-2 years shelf life? Hmmm....

What in hell are you basing anything you just said on?

Its probably quite a lot less effective, but its not going to be harmful.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Anatomic stucture? Wasn't aware it was an organism...Not safe? What are you proposing it turned into?

Not even trace amounts can be detected? What do you think it is, homeopathic or something?

1-2 years shelf life? Hmmm....

What in hell are you basing anything you just said on?

Its probably quite a lot less effective, but its not going to be harmful.
OOPS.... That was supposed to read.... atomic structure. :fool2:

Atoms are particles of elements. Atoms can be broken down by degradation, thereby changing the chemical nature/structure of the substance.

I never stated that it wasn't safe or that it was going to turn into anything.... I just brought up the fact that there is no way of knowing if degradation altered it's chemical structure. This, and loss of effectiveness are both reasons that companies put an expiration date on the label. And yeah.... the shelf is about 1-2 years.

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
OOPS.... That was supposed to read.... atomic structure. :fool2:

Atoms are particles of elements. Atoms can be broken down by degradation, thereby changing the chemical nature/structure of the substance.

I never stated that it wasn't safe or that it was going to turn into anything.... I just brought up the fact that there is no way of knowing if degradation altered it's chemical structure. This, and loss of effectiveness are both reasons that companies put an expiration date on the label. And yeah.... the shelf is about 1-2 years.
Fair enough. I guess i was reading in between the lines.

Shelf life is probably 3 years, though, unless its a transdermal.

TO WIT: look at all the AX SUperdrol with 2009 expirys.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gator, what's the expiration on your bottle? Like I said earlier, mine says 2004. Hopefully yours is more recent than mine.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not going to take it. Even if were still good the conversion rate on this stuff is quite low and I would need at least another bottle to make a good cycle (maybe more, I haven't done the math to figure it out since I'm not going to be using it).

Gator762

Awards
No expiration on my bottle. It should be 4 years old. The hard part for me, is even if it is only 25% as effective as when it was new, I still have a 44 day (6wk) supply.

I took one serving, didn't feel anything, later took a triple serving, where I thought I felt a little bit more energetic. In the day when this was popular, I remember people saying the recommended dose was too light and using higher dosages. I don't know, as I never took it. I injured my shoulder right after I got it and then forgot I had it.

I'm a bit poor at the moment so if there is anything to it, I'd like to take it.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
I'm not going to turn this into a science lesson, and I'm not trying to be a ****, but that's not really accurate.

The molecular structure of a substance can degrade over time.

Atoms degrade (correct term is decay) when they are radioactive.

Each element (oxygen, nitrogen, etc) is a specific type of atom.

I have never heard of a steroidal structure degrading to anything unsafe. When most steroids go bad they degrade to something that is more or less inert.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
I have never heard of a steroidal structure degrading to anything unsafe. When most steroids go bad they degrade to something that is more or less inert.
That was the main point of what I was saying. Honestly most steroids are probably going to stay close to the label strength for a good while after their expiration date, as long as they are stored at reasonable temperatures.

I would try it, evaluate results and side effects and adjust the dosage as needed.

Gator762

Awards
That's what I've read too. I'll do what you said, when I'm ready to try I'll log the results and adjust accordingly.

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
That was the main point of what I was saying. Honestly most steroids are probably going to stay close to the label strength for a good while after their expiration date, as long as they are stored at reasonable temperatures.

I would try it, evaluate results and side effects and adjust the dosage as needed.
Exactly. That's what I was saying (less eloquently) above.

solarize

solarize

191cm, 98kg (6'3, 215lb)
Awards
  • Established
Would freezing your SD/PP etc be a good way to store it - its gets damn hot in Aus over here in summer (+40 C).

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Would freezing your superdrol/PP etc be a good way to store it - its gets damn hot in Aus over here in summer (+40 C).
Freezing is a good idea. Even better is to vacuum seal AND freeze...moisture is your enemy.

mike3107

mike3107

Awards
Maybe I just got lucky but last year I had a bottle of 1-AD that was expired for 2 and a half years and had a very good cycle with it. I would say i had the same gains I had with my first cycle of 1-AD.