pro-hormone ban?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.02%

pro-hormone ban?

So I'm a little confused about the legality of pro-hormones...I read that they were oficially banned in Jan 2005(i think) but they are still for sale. So i assume that companies are only allowed to sell what they have in stock, but what does the law say about using them after the ban? Any input to help me understand this is appreciated, it seems like a topic which the only people who care about it already know and don't talk about it. Thanks.

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quick summary:

A great number of products were banned in 2005.

New products were released that were not on the ban list.

The FDA has declared that some of these new products are illegal to sell REGARDLESS of whether they are on the ban list because they do not meet the government definition of "supplement" and therefore are considered "drugs" which cannot be sold without government approval.

Many well known companies abandoned sale of these new compounds because of the possible legal consequences.

Some new companies arose to continue selling new compounds.

Possession of pre-ban products is a crime. Sale of post-ban products MIGHT be a crime. Possession of post-ban products most likely isn't a crime (for a variety of constitutional reasons).

Use and/or possess at your own risk.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.02%

so how about superdrol, halodrol and phera-plex? those are ok to own?
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

Quote Originally Posted by R_Alan1
    so how about superdrol, halodrol and phera-plex? those are ok to own?
    No one here is going to give you legal advice. Superdrol was specifically cited by the FDA as an unapproved drug.

Would I be worried if I had a bottle or two in my home? No.

Would I be worried if I had a case? Yes.

I don't think the FDA has issued any warning letters on the other products you mentioned but the manufacturers have voluntarily discontinued their manufacture in anticipation of such letters.

It should also be noted here that AnabolicMinds no longer has board sponsors who sell such products and source posting for them is an automatic ban.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.02%

ok thanks...and for the record i wasn't asking for legal advice, i just wanted to know where the line is...but thank you for your quick response
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.46%

FDA's response:

FDA Warns Manufacturers About Illegal Steroid Products Sold as Dietary Supplements

Up to congress to pass legislation to schedule these compounds as controlled substances.
  7. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

Quote Originally Posted by sock

Up to congress to pass legislation to schedule these compounds as controlled substances.
    You're incorrect. The FDA has taken the position that these products do not meet the definition of "supplements." If they are not supplements, then they are ILLEGAL to sell REGARDLESS of whether they are scheduled as controlled substances.

The penalties arise from different codes (distribution of an unapproved drug instead of distribution of a controlled substance) but the legal consequences are similar.

The only open question is whether the FDA is correct in its interpretation that these substances do not meet the definition of "supplement." This would be up to the courts to decide and I don't see anyone lining up to be the test case.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.46%

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    You're incorrect. The FDA has taken the position that these products do not meet the definition of "supplements." If they are not supplements, then they are ILLEGAL to sell REGARDLESS of whether they are scheduled as controlled substances.

The penalties arise from different codes (distribution of an unapproved drug instead of distribution of a controlled substance) but the legal consequences are similar.

The only open question is whether the FDA is correct in its interpretation that these substances do not meet the definition of "supplement." This would be up to the courts to decide and I don't see anyone lining up to be the test case.
    To clarify - I was not questioning their legality or lack of.I am aware of there being legal consequences. That was the purpose of the press release and warning letters to Anabolic Resources, Affordable Supplements, Legal Gear, and Supplementstogo. When I say "scheduled" I meant in terms of sd, pp etc being named and classified like ph's in the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004 (S.2195), which listed compunds by name and correspondingly Schedule III. Legislation passed by congress, signed into law by bush. I should have elaborated more.
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

Quote Originally Posted by sock
    To clarify - I was not questioning their legality or lack of.I am aware of there being legal consequences. That was the purpose of the press release and warning letters to Anabolic Resources, Affordable Supplements, Legal Gear, and Supplementstogo. When I say "scheduled" I meant in terms of superdrol, pp etc being named and classified like ph's in the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004 (S.2195), which listed compunds by name and correspondingly Schedule III. Legislation passed by congress, signed into law by bush. I should have elaborated more.
    You are correct in that these new substances are not classified as controlled substances. However, the FDA has adopted this new approach specifically to avoid being on the treadmill they were on (congress bans substance A, so a company releases substance B, congress bans substance B, so a company releases substance C). The position they are taking now is that unless a substance meets the definition of "dietary supplement" (thus being out of FDA jurisdiction), it is by default an unapproved drug and illegal to sell.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.46%

Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    You are correct in that these new substances are not classified as controlled substances. However, the FDA has adopted this new approach specifically to avoid being on the treadmill they were on (congress bans substance A, so a company releases substance B, congress bans substance B, so a company releases substance C). The position they are taking now is that unless a substance meets the definition of "dietary supplement" (thus being out of FDA jurisdiction), it is by default an unapproved drug and illegal to sell.
    Agreed!! Congress has enough trouble accomplishing anything anyway, not that I want more laws in our industry!

Similar Forum Threads

1. banned pro hormones = trap?
    By 1kerry in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 03:19 PM
  2. Pro-hormones that were banned
    By epl3964 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 12:21 AM
  3. pro-hormone ban bill info
    By JudoJosh in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15