Hmb - AnabolicMinds.com

Hmb

1. New Member

Hmb

I read that HMB is extremely helpful with packing on quality muscle at a fast pace. is this true and whats the best brand for HMB?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

No particular brand, I use 5 grams of powdered HMB from Custom Nutrition Warehouse : Your Nutrition Superstore Mix it with Crystal Light until it is completely dissolved or it will taste like a chemical experiment gone wrong.
  3. New Member

HMB TASTES LIKE COMPLETE $HIT!!!!!!!
    Make sure u have something like was said above to hinder the taste and then another drink to chase it. I was takeing 3gr pre & post paired with 5gr. creatine mono on workout days, and rise and rest on non. I only did it for a about a week. It was killing my stomach Between that and the taste i dropped it but i think im a special case. The research behind it is great when paired with creatine so I'd say def. give it a go. Just stay resonably close to a toliet for the 1st couple days, and maybe u should start at a low does and work your way up to 5~6gr. a day
    •   

4. Advanced Member

I never have stomach or taste problem with HMB powder. I take it in dietcoke and the taste is bearable.
  5. New Member

eh, i just drop some of the bulk powder in water and chug it after i drink my pwo shake... taste like chemical death, but i figure thats how you know its good for you.
  6. New Member

How have the results been from using HMB?
  7. Registered User

Reputation Reputation

I have heard about it's good anti-catabolic properties, usefull for a cut. Never really heard of muscle-building properties..
  8. New Member

I read somewhere that it's only really effective when people who are just beginning to work out use it. For best results it's paired with creatine.

I remember taking HMB and creatine when I first started working out, and I did get incredible gains. HMB no longer does anything measurable for me.
  9. New Member

HMB remains one of my fav's. Along with the many benefits people have listed, it is absolutely magic for DOMS. Nutraplanet has the greatest price on it ever. I like it and it's cheap.
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ocyeoman
    HMB remains one of my fav's. Along with the many benefits people have listed, it is absolutely magic for DOMS. Nutraplanet has the greatest price on it ever. I like it and it's cheap.
    Just for its effects on DOMS it is worth it. I have had virtually no pain after extremely stressful leg workouts (like they all aren't for legs) since I started taking HMB. I used to greatly dread leg days, now I only slightly dread them .
  11. Senior Member

One of my favorites. I prefer HMB to BCAA just based on personal results with restricted calorie diets and post workout soreness. Now that it has become affordable, it will always be part of my supp profile. However it is the worst tasting chemical I have ever put in my mouth..somewhere between paint and brewer's yeast. Not only does taste bad, but the taste lingers like moldy cheese and dirty feet! I can only cap
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. BSL Kreatine Ultra/HMB/NitroJet stack
    By Trew in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 12:39 AM
  2. Hmb + V12
    By Jay Mc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-25-2003, 12:59 AM
  3. Hmb
    By Biggs in forum Supplements