cissus - caps or powder?

shiby1510

Awards
Is there a reason why it seems that everyone is using the cissus caps instead of the bulk powder?? Is it unbearable to down or some other reasons? The powder is dirt cheap compared to the caps... :blink:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there a reason why it seems that everyone is using the cissus caps instead of the bulk powder?? Is it unbearable to down or some other reasons? The powder is dirt cheap compared to the caps... :blink:
It is because Cissus takes absolutely putrid; the only powder that I have had that was worse was green tea.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Some people dislike the taste of cissus hence the preference towards caps. Of course taste is quite subjective so draw your own conclusion based on your preferences.

Jaxxx

Jaxxx

Board Supporter
Awards
If you got money to burn go for the caps...

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I choke it down, but I think I'm going to get myself set up for capping, it taste horrible and does not mix well.

rafter

Awards
taste of the stuff is god aweful. seriously, take the caps, save your tastebuds for something better.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
I've done both for months. I have to say I prefer the powder, not because of taste, (I can stomach it), but becasue the powder is sticky and messy. It's more an organizational thing I guess :D

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dude i tried to mix powder with tea because someone said that cissus tastes like tea (it smells like it) well anyway it would not mix at all and tastes horrible. i can stomach alot of things but that glass was torture! im not going to touch the stuff until i can find time and money to cap them.

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established
i don't mind cissus powder at all... i just take a swig of water, and dump half a teaspoon in my mouth. makes my shoulder my shoulder happy.

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
I hate the taste of the pills I couldn't imagin taking it in powder form. but the crx taste better then the powerfull.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I must be strange. I kinda like the taste of cissus. I do cap it though just for convieniance.

Good luck capping it though if you live in a real humid area. Stuff gets REAL sticky in a hurry.

shiby1510

Awards
What if you just put a mouthful of water in your mouth and dump and swallow?

Thanks for the idea of using empty caps.. never thought of that! Would still save a lot.... do you use the "0" or the "00"?

btw... thanks for all of the comments!

NXLmag

Board Sponsor
Awards
I must be strange. I kinda like the taste of cissus. I do cap it though just for convieniance.

Good luck capping it though if you live in a real humid area. Stuff gets REAL sticky in a hurry.

Great of example of a good extraction Process. The USPlabs Cissus is a fine powder.

Train On!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I use a Cap 'em Quick and size 00 capsules. I think there is a board sponsor or two that carries them.

shiby1510

Awards
Haha.. wow thanks for the quick repsonse.. I did some more searching and found the info on cap'm as well.. thanks guys!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you get the "tamper" with the capper. I didn't, and ended up ordering it separate. It lets you compress the powder in the capsule.

shiby1510

Awards
Thanks for the heads up!

Are there any other things you cap aswell? A very cool concept that I never knew about and also I bet you can save a lot.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Yep....

I cap Green Tea extract, avena sativa, and DHEA (in smaller capsules cut with inert powders)

Saves a LOT of $$!!

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
dude i tried to mix powder with tea because someone said that cissus tastes like tea (it smells like it) well anyway it would not mix at all and tastes horrible. i can stomach alot of things but that glass was torture! im not going to touch the stuff until i can find time and money to cap them.
Lol, I'm gagging just thinking about it! The best mix I've found is Fatfree milk, PB Whey, CycleSupport and Cissus. By then the flavor is somewhat buried but it still changes the overall flavor and clumps with the whey.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you do decide to go with the powder, I will reiterate what some others have said in that it would be wise to stick with USP's bulk powder. As there is MUCH to be said about the extraction proccess with a powder such as Cissus.

shiby1510

Awards
If you do decide to go with the powder, I will reiterate what some others have said in that it would be wise to stick with USP's bulk powder. As there is MUCH to be said about the extraction proccess with a powder such as Cissus.
Huh??

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, read slow and stay with me kay big guy?

If (as of yet you are undecided) you decide to go with Cissus in powdered form (you are talking about caps or powder) you (this is you we are talking about here) should stick with USP's bulk powder (a few companies put out powdered Cissus) because (I am now going to say the reason why) when dealing with herbal products the proper extracts must be made if the product is to be effective (the company has to do a good job)

Got it this time?

Reading can be a *****, but I'm sure you'll get it :)

shiby1510

Awards
K... didn't know other company's made cissus aswell.. I was going to go through nutraplanet anyways... so I'm fine right?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
K... didn't know other company's made cissus aswell.. I was going to go through nutraplanet anyways... so I'm fine right?
Oh yeah, you are good to go then. Sam is also VERY fast at shipping.

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
Damn Mullet that avy is pretty scary...Yikes!

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I put mine in a protein shake with water and I'm good. I tried to mix it with crystal light...not so much. :sick:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I put mine in a protein shake with water and I'm good. I tried to mix it with crystal light...not so much. :sick:
How much do you use in a serving? How much does everyone else use??? I was thinking the neighbor hood of 3.5-4g a day.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
How much do you use in a serving? How much does everyone else use??? I was thinking the neighbor hood of 3.5-4g a day.
I usually use about a teaspoon. I wasn't sure of the dosage amount per teaspoon, so I just used 1. Now that I know what the dosage is (thanks shiby1510), I'll probably use 3-4 grams a day split instead of at once.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im going to buy some caps and cap mine one of these days. is the capper from nutraplanet good? well i would probably go 2 grams twice a day between meals. cissus is taken on empty stomach if i remember right :think: