Situation

stylediva

Awards
Hello,

I didn't know where to put this, so here it is. I have a situation that I would like some like minded individuals opinions. I love my BF however I work out very early in the morning. My BF can function on 4 hours of sleep, however I can't. When I don't get enough rest, my work-out is crap or I just don't go. I also work 8 hours so my morning work-out is ideal for myself. Now he knows that I get up at 4:45 in the morning. When he comes to my house, I have to almost kick him out, so that I can get some sleep. I don't get it. I am starting to resent him and sometimes I make excuses so that he won't drop by. I have asked him if he resents me working out andhe stated no. In fact he loves it. He said that he was being selfish. WTF??? He works out here and there. Anyone else go thru this. My ex husband did the same thing.

Suggestions?

tattoopierced1

Sounds like you really need to sit him down and explain how important it is for you to get adequate sleep so you can do what you enjoy in the morning. If he doesnt respect that, then he obviously doesnt respect you and it is time for you to move on.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you really need to sit him down and explain how important it is for you to get adequate sleep so you can do what you enjoy in the morning. If he doesnt respect that, then he obviously doesnt respect you and it is time for you to move on.
Bingo

the Cardinal

Awards
Hello,

I didn't know where to put this, so here it is. I have a situation that I would like some like minded individuals opinions. I love my BF however I work out very early in the morning. My BF can function on 4 hours of sleep, however I can't. When I don't get enough rest, my work-out is crap or I just don't go. I also work 8 hours so my morning work-out is ideal for myself. Now he knows that I get up at 4:45 in the morning. When he comes to my house, I have to almost kick him out, so that I can get some sleep. I don't get it. I am starting to resent him and sometimes I make excuses so that he won't drop by. I have asked him if he resents me working out andhe stated no. In fact he loves it. He said that he was being selfish. WTF??? He works out here and there. Anyone else go thru this. My ex husband did the same thing.

Suggestions?
Compatible couples work with one another, not against one another. If something is important to one half, then the other half should be supportive and cooperative unless it's a deal breaker (and one demostrates support through cooperative and compromising behavior, not by saying what someone wants to hear and doing the opposite!!!). If it's a deal breaker, then "couple-ism" should become a moot point because any sane person (people) would say "sorry, but this just isn't working. Have a good life, live long and prosper."

Dr. Phil's hairy-head bubba

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Well, I know that I wake up at 4am, my girlfriend wakes up later than I do. Friday nights, I try to stay awake but I'm usually in bed by 9:30pm. She hates it! And then I wake up early on Saturday morning, and she sleeps in, so I sneek out and go play on AM.com or workout (I've learned not to wake her early). We joke about it. I'm sure if you have a serious talk with him about this, he'll let you be.

stylediva

Awards
Thanks for replying. I appreciate your responses.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate Dr.Phil, but the bald prick is right. If your bf cares about you he should be doing everything possible to facilitate your hobby.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
try falling asleep on him. Its what my wife does to me. if he is keeping you up for sex then thats a different story.

the Cardinal

Awards
I hate Dr.Phil, but the bald prick is right. If your bf cares about you he should be doing everything possible to facilitate your hobby.
My cue bald bubba Phil would luv to have you as a guest on his show!:bow28: