Energy/Fatigue help for wife

tattoopierced1

The wife is looking for something to help give her a bit of a boost and help fight fatigue for when she is working. I really dont want to give her a harsh stimulant, and definatly dont want to give her something that suppresses appetite because she cant afford to not eat less than she already does. She would like something in pill form, but I could probably sway her to a mix if that is all that can be had.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about some Alcar bro? Alcar isnt a harsh stimulant and it would probly give her good energy dependong on dose and it shouldnt effect her appetite at all.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
My mom has the same problem bro. Actually, she was diagnosed with a mild form of narcolepsy a while back...

Anyway, L-Tyrosine,ALCAR, Chocamine,and Rhodiola seem to work well for her. Im going to try adding some vinopocetine in the mix as well.

BV

tattoopierced1

Thanks all, and noted.

I am also gonna try to give her B12 shots 2x weekly.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Maybe Lean Dreams, Powerfull (increased sex drive in females, wink wink), or REM R3G ?

(Increase energy levels by improving sleep quality. This has been the best "throughout the day" energy booster I have found)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My mom has the same problem bro. Actually, she was diagnosed with a mild form of narcolepsy a while back...

Anyway, L-Tyrosine,ALCAR, Chocamine,and Rhodiola seem to work well for her. Im going to try adding some vinopocetine in the mix as well.

BV
=Bastard for stealing my answer. ;)

During Finals and such I love to mix all the above, minus the chocamine. Gives me super-stable, non-jittery energy.

tattoopierced1

at what doses would she run them at. keep in mind she is all of 110lbs.

Kimber

Awards
In addition to the ALCAR try adding Idebenone. I love that stuff. I take roughly 200mg every morning.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'd say the ALCAR and Tyrosine at 1-3 g/d. Rhodiola maybe 150 mg/day. Chocamine - 200 mgs maybe. Vinpo is a really small dose - like 5 mgs or something.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Thanks all, and noted.

I am also gonna try to give her B12 shots 2x weekly.

I am an MMA fighter and this has been an area of great importance to me.I have dedicated countless hours in the past couple of years, trying to figure out the best ways to increase and sustain overall energy and stamina.

One way or another (via injections or oral), you will find MUCH more results with a B-complex. I believe some injectibles include a B-complex already in the formulation. I use an oral B-complex (1000-2000mcg B-12) with great results. I also dose twice a day.

In relation to energy, ATP production within the body is of great concern. I think a quality (non caffeinated) Nitric Oxide enhancer would work very well in her case (worked well for my lady friend).

A key component in the proccess of ATP production is creatine. This is why a lot of NO boosters include smaller amounts of creatine in their formulations.

If you do decide to try this approach, look for L-citrulline/L-arginine/L-norvaline blends along with creatine (prefferably CEE). I can assure you.... if the product that you end up with contains that specific blend, it will work better than anything else that dosen't.

One more supplement I use daily is PEAK ATP with GlycoCarn by Life Extension. It contains an orally active form of the energy producing molecule ATP. Life Extention put a enteric coating on the capsule to ensure delivery into the small intestine for maximum bioavailability.

Good luck and keep us posted on her results and what you ended up going with.

tattoopierced1

I actually made a nice creatine gluc., AEE, L-norv., BCAA, GMS, OEE, and taurine mix that i might have her try at a lower dose. It has worked well for me in the gym, but gives me a bloated feeling for about an hour, so I may try to cut the dose in half for her as she will hate feeling bloated.

FYI777

Awards
I'm right now experimenting with Maca root extract(4:1 extract) for libido boosting effects,but instead am getting a nice energy boost,endurance seems better.Am taking 30 "00" caps(I know a lot) of it.This could be a placebo effect tho.Started with 3 caps with nada effects,then 10,then 20,now 30. Doesn't taste bad either.No appetite suppression either. I think tyrosine could cause no appetite. Also seems to be void of any bad sides I could detect.
Even tho I take it straight it could be mixed in a shake easily.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I combined 450mg Chocamine and 450mg Rhodiola Rosea with a serving of ALRI Primed yesterday - had me wired for a good 10 hours.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
You may consider getting her hormones checked. Any number of imbalances can cause fatigue..hypothyroidism is common in women. My wife had a lot of fatigue and it turned out her DHEA levels were low.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would say Ginseng + Vitamin B Complex.

You know what might work, using that CustomCapsule website and building an energy matrix, that way you could customize a blend for her and she won't have to take a bunch of different pills...it'd be easier yanno? just a thought.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
She could be low on iron, also try liquid vitamin b12, injections would be better if she's up for it. Also possibly something to help reduce cortisol, like Lean Extreme or Retain.

tattoopierced1

alright so I think I am going to get her to try the following. Melatonin (she's been complaining about lack of quality sleep), B12 injections, 2x weekly @ 1000mcg's. This will be what I start her on for about a month. Then if she still feels the need for more energy, then 450mg Chocamine and 450mg Rhodiola Rosea as BV suggested, and finally if that doesnt help, bloodwork for hormone level checks..

Pimp C

Awards
i'd give her 1 or 2 stimulant x first thing in the morning. it's great for steady energy without a crash and without wigging you out really bad.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or you could go with Venom, has the thiamine analogue with some additional Rodiola, tryrosine and some caffeine. I've read great reviews about it. Personally, I tried Omega's Power Jolt and thought it gave a really good sustained balance of energy, check out the ingredient profile it you like. It's pretty solid.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why is everyone recommending a supplement vs. eating healthy food that contains vitamins and minerals? Supps shall be secondary to eating healthy and training.