Lifting, Plateau

Johnsonator

Awards
I've been lifting for about 6 months, 3-5 times a week and have been taking creatine. At first I was getting noticeable gains in both strength and size, now i feel like either the mirror is playing tricks on me or i'm just not getting any bigger. Does your body get used to creatine? I'm taking the Cr5 from gnc, its my 3rd bottle non stop. Also, Does your body get used to a diet to where you wont get as good as gains from eating the right foods? I feel like i'm not getting any bigger and not gaining any stregnth. Would it make sense to stop lifting for a week or two then pick it back up full force? What do you guys think? Thanks alot

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
1. Taking a much needed break will give your time body to heal and therefor bust through plateaus you are having.

2. You need to increase the workload: IE, weight, intensity, in order to stimulate growth; your body gets used to the same workload.

3. As your body gets bigger it needs more FUEL (calories and food) to grow. If you gained 5lbs @ 3000 calories per day, you will need 3500 to maintain that 5lbs and gain an extra 2lbs. And so on and so forth.

4. Your body has creatine levels: they cannot get higher than a certain point. As long as your creatine levels are optimum, you can continue to take the creatine.

5. My advice to you is to a) Make sure your eating enough and working out hard enough. b) Take a 2 week break from creatine, and a 1 week break from lifting. and c) Read some of the articles on this website.

Hope this helps,
-RenegadeRows-

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
renegade is correct as you gain more you need to adjust your diet ie 170lbs needs x calories 18olbs nex xy calories to stimulate growth. Also did you just start lifting 6 months ago. If so then yes t he gains are going to slow you will not make as dramatic gains as when you first started lifting they will come slower but keep at it and adjust your diet and they will come.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Last but not least, have you been switching up your workouts when gains stall?

If not, try switching rep ranges for a few weeks (example: if you've been doing 3x10, go heavier at 4x6 or go lighter at 3x20. The possibilities are endless), as well as exercises,........ then go back to what you like to do.