EAA Opinions?? - AnabolicMinds.com

EAA Opinions??

1. Registered User
    Answers

EAA Opinions??

I am interested in adding an EAA supp. to my arsenal. I have peaked interest in Controlled Labs Purple Wraath and Primaforce EAA(just hit the shelves). I am just looking for a collection of opionions on how useful it is, especially comparing to BCAA. And is everyone using just one scoop(serving) or more, since at $50 it could be expensive if people arent seeing results unless using a ton. So if you have used any EAA product, whether it be one I mentioned above, bulk or just another product please give me some input. Thanks a lot guys.

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I've thought about but have never supplemented with eaa but Custom sells bulk 500 grams for less than 30 bucks.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

I used 20 grams daily as an anti-catabolic during a cutting phase and liked the results. Taste is pretty bad unless you use some Crystal Light.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

The all-in ones like PW will give you more as you have BCAA's, EAA's, Citrulinne etc...
  5. Senior Member
    Answers

Here is a good read about BCAA's EAA's, it looks like Scivation had a hand in it, just in time for the release of Primal EAA's. Very interesting none the least.

Strength & Science Magazine Online
  6. Advanced Member
    Answers

An essential amino acid for an organism is an amino acid that cannot be synthesized by the organism and therfore must be supplied as part of it's diet.

There are ten essential amino acids, but only eight of them are considered essential to us, and three of these essentials we already get from BCAA's so that leaves five that are of concern. Histidine and arginine are essential only in children and possibly seniors so we'll take them out of the picture.

(1) Tryptophan

(2) Lysine

(3) Methionine

(4) Phenylalanine

(5) Threonine

(6) Leucine (BCAA)

(7) Isoleucine (BCAA)

(8) Valine (BCAA)

So when searching for the best EAA product, keep in mind that the first five EAA's listed above are the ones to focus on.

On a side note, you can get.... ALL of these EAA's in pretty good amounts from any quality protein shake, but I'm sure additional supplementation would be of benefit to anyone.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks for all the info guys. I guess I left this out, has anyone tried EAA and compared to a BCAA. Like used Purple Wraath vs Xtend, standalone per say. I have some BCAA's left, but once I run out I was debating whether or not to get EAA's instead and try or just go back with more BCAA's. Any input putting these two against each other. And yes, I am fully aware that EAA's contain the 3 BCAA's. Thanks
  8. Advanced Member
    Answers

I have tried both with added leucine and noticed no difference. I would rather go with BCAA because of the taste of EAA and the effect they have on your breath. I know Primal EAA is as cheap as bulk EAA, but if you look around you can find MRM BCAA+G for under $37. I don't really care about Citrulline Malate as it has made no difference to me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. EAA - What's your opinion, Bobo?
    By Syr in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 07:23 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 12:55 PM
  3. 2nd Opinion- 1-AD, 1,4
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-25-2002, 12:20 AM
  4. Your Thoughts And Opinions on Keto Dieting??
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 12:12 AM
  5. opinion
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-29-2002, 07:17 PM