Any tips for taking bulk GTE?

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been trying to find a way to cover the disgusting aftertaste of GTE. I've tried shooting it, and chasing it with water, mixing it with actual green tea, mixing it with water, mixing it with coffee.
So far the coffee works the best but is the only other option to cap em?

*edit reps for advice, thanks

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I've been trying to find a way to cover the disgusting aftertaste of GTE. I've tried shooting it, and chasing it with water, mixing it with actual green tea, mixing it with water, mixing it with coffee.
So far the coffee works the best but is the only other option to cap em?

*edit reps for advice, thanks
If you want it in bulk, and you don't want to capsulate them, then your only alternative is to mask the taste.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This sounds real wierd but try mixing it with peanut butter...like a tablespoon and chase it with milk. Still not great but way better than nothing.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've tried it with a bunch of stuff ('cept KJK's recommendation...) and have had no luck.

I just man up - make it as a warm tea with Splenda and choke that sh*t down.
(Just like Idunk does... :icon_lol: )

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I've tried it with a bunch of stuff ('cept KJK's recommendation...) and have had no luck.

I just man up - make it as a warm tea with Splenda and choke that sh*t down.
(Just like Idunk does... :icon_lol: )

I'm sorry.... But did you just say somthing about warm tea and choking on sh*t? :icon_lol:

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guy, I'll give Kj's idea a try but otherwise it sounds like I just gotta shott it down

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Or just cap it.

Or buy already capped GTE from Custom.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll agree with the previous posts recommending capping it. Be forewarned though, green tea powder is a real pain in the ass to cap. It's very light in density, and takes a ton of tamping down to get a decent amount per capsule. It also tends to get statically charged very easily, making it stick all over the place when you are attempting to cap it. I've yet to find anything to mask the taste of that stuff sufficiently that I could handle taking it in powder form.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Put it in a coffee grinder and try to get it as fine as possible, this will help GREATLY, if you don't have one put the powder in a ziplock bag and run a rolling pin over it, i do this with CEE and it's helped QUITE a bit, it disolves better and i don't seem to get the after taste, STILL i wouldn't drink it in water though. Try putting it in, protein shakes, crystal light, apple juice etc. Make sure it's a fairly thick shake like 2-3 scoops, and just chug it, i wouldn't do the chasing method, your better off to disolve it in somethign that tastes good and just pound it back fast. Doing this along with grinding it up has made it possible for me to use my Kilo of bulk CEE,before i attemped to use it again it had been like a year since i touched the stuff it tasted soooooo bad.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've tried diluting bad tasting powders into drinks of various sorts, but over time found that the more water you use, the more suffering it leads to. With just a small amount of water, you can quickly chug the offending solution, and then use a chaser of some sort to mask it. There's alot of powders out there which could easily ruin the flavor of a large drink in a single serving, I just don't like to prolong the agony.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I've tried diluting bad tasting powders into drinks of various sorts, but over time found that the more water you use, the more suffering it leads to. With just a small amount of water, you can quickly chug the offending solution, and then use a chaser of some sort to mask it. There's alot of powders out there which could easily ruin the flavor of a large drink in a single serving, I just don't like to prolong the agony.
Right on dawg. That's the only way I can tolerate CEE. Minimal amount of liquid, quickly forced down the pipes.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One thing I've found that works nicely for masking the taste of bitter and sour powders is chewable vitamin c tablets. I chew one of the tablets until my tongue is covered in the vitamin c powder (tastebuds are on the tongue after all), and then drink the offending powder in a minimal amount of water (just enough to dissolve wash the powder out of the glass). To finish up I chew a second vitamin c tablet, and then drink a glass of water afterwards.

This doesn't really work with more "earthy" tasting powders like green tea or rhodiola however.