Best meal replacement?

christopher

Awards
  • Established
so whats the best one, and the cheapest place to buy it....?

:head:

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
Check out VPX Sport's Zero Impact MRP. I bought a box when it was called Micellean BioActive SuperFood. Good nutritional profile and it was pretty tasty.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
One thread would be fine, no need to start three with this exact same question.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Check out VPX Sport's Zero Impact MRP. I bought a box when it was called Micellean BioActive SuperFood. Good nutritional profile and it was pretty tasty.
The zero impact bars are actually very healthy and tasty too but a little dry, good call on the Micellean.

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
I also really like Prolab's Lean Mass Matrix in the packets (not the tubs), but I prefer the chocolate.

Other than that, I've recently also started using AST's Nytro Pro-40 which is really good.

Both of them have good protein and carbs from natural fiber.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I'm ashamed to say it but Biotest Grow is by a long shot better tasting then all of the rest! And the price really is very comparitive when you run the numbers. I'm not doing MRPs now but I tried just about everything and I just could not find one that tasted even close to Grow.

christopher

Awards
  • Established
thankx for the replies....i have been using met-rx, but was doing some research and saw that there are much better formulas currently.....

This is the hardest part for me, understanding what and when to eat, how much etc....the best meal replacement ensures at least 2 correct meals a day lol.

I been out for over a year....(had 3 shoulder surgeries since laast may) and am finally able to start lifting again, not just PT, but weight training......

im 6'5" and 213....the scale i got says my body fat is 17.5%....before all my trouble, I was 219@10% and felt good....

any advice you guys have is greatly appreciated....like i said, ive been out for over a yr and I am workin hard at the gym.....I do my PT and a workout....and I want to get gains fast...

christopher

Awards
  • Established
and ,to be specific, taste is not the primary thing that im lookin for....i want the best formula, hopefully it is good enough to drink....

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Well do you really want an MRP? Because real food would be 100% better choice, and a MRP should be only used when you have no other choice/time etc. Dig in the diet section and you'll find a lot of answers to your questions!
Those MetRx shakes are some nasty Sheeeet! Bleeeeek, I can still taste those horrid strawberry ones.

christopher

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i need a replacement, dont have the time to eat 6 meals per day....and no way i d have 6 "perfect " ones...at least this way i have 2...

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
I'm ashamed to say it but Biotest Grow is by a long shot better tasting then all of the rest! And the price really is very comparitive when you run the numbers. I'm not doing MRPs now but I tried just about everything and I just could not find one that tasted even close to Grow.

Don't be "ashamed to say" it--you're right. I forgot them when I saw this thread, but Biotest's protein is REALLY top-notch stuff. I just wish it had fiber and vitamins in it like a "true" MRP, but the flavor and protein types are unbeaten, IMO.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I prefer All The Whey's "Lean and Fit" MRP. I like the low carb/fat content. If I feel like I need more carbs, I simply put a scoop of oats in.

christopher

Awards
  • Established
does anyone on here help w/specific diets? Like if I gave you my goals and stats, could u guys help me with a diet? or show me where to go to learn myself?

thankx
Chris

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
does anyone on here help w/specific diets? Like if I gave you my goals and stats, could u guys help me with a diet? or show me where to go to learn myself?

thankx
Chris
You can pay Bobo, or if you just want some advice you can post up a typical daily menu and I'm sure you'll get lots of input, just make sure you include stats, goals etc. The more info you provide the more help you'll get. Do some searching through the diet section first, the answers you seek may already be here.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established

thankx
Chris
Post your goals, stats, age and how long you've been training. I usually charge for this but I will help you out...just be sure to tell your friends ;-)

christopher

Awards
  • Established
Post your goals, stats, age and how long you've been training. I usually charge for this but I will help you out...just be sure to tell your friends ;-)

thankx man, so, i was gonna say ill do it later, but ill start it now, maybe add to it later.....

im 36, be 37 in nov.
6'5"
yestarday morning, according to my homedics scale, lol, i was 209 body fat 18%,body water %59.8, BMR2099, and muscle mass 40.2.....

Ive had 3 shoulder surgeries since last april, 2 on my right, 1 on my left...the left was a decompression/impingement only and its back to 100%...im right handed..first surgery, decom/imping + bicept tendon and torn labrum.....went back to work and tore my rotator cuff (rt) and had surgery in feb 06...2 screws, fully repaired, full range of motion and am at about 4+ strenght...still need some stabilizer muscle strenght to return....

quit training in about 2000, married had 2 babies, lived on the road for my job, startin a business, building a house etc....at my best i was 219@10%....

ive been at physical therapy since the day of the surgery, and for about the last month, started lifting and am feeling ok in my shoulders so far..just have to watch what exercises i do...

im up to 65 lb dumbells on chest press (off a ball) for reps of 12-15 (3 sets)...i also do inclines w/60's, and cant do declines cause of my shoulders, it gives me sharp pains...

for back, doing rows, seated and upright....

bi's, just dumbbell curls, low weight, high reps...my arms are bigger porportionately (sp) to my legs and chest...(back is bigger also) traps are small...doin shrugs w/50's 3x12....

tri, pushdowns sets of 15-20 3x 110lbs...

shoulders...all my stabilizer exercises, wont bore you with them, plus anterior and lateral raises 10 lbs sets of 12-15 (3)...

calves i do m w f ...doing them one leg at a time, seated raises, 115lbs 3x10-12....

legs once a week or every fifth day....been advised not to do squats anymore because of my shoulder...also, my right leg, broke tibia and fibula in the 80's, is over an inch shorter that my lt leg, so low back pain...

so i do extensions, curls, strait leg, presses, lunges and wall squats w/ball.......

core and cardio at least 3x week lately....

as for my diet, im clueless.....

i been using met-rx, but im out and looking for something better.....a normal eating day was shake in the am, then lunch tuna sandwhich, baked chips, tea or water, then workout, shake after, dinner fish or steak, baked, veg and tea, shake b4 bed, but man, im tired of eatin the same thing and i dont know if its even right.....

so, my goals, if thats u in the pic, your abs.....bigger quads/legs/calves, cut chest and a lil bigger....basically a harder body overall, but i need some mass on my legs....did i say i wanted cut abs....cut abs...

some measurments (measurinbg myself right now, so approx)

lt bi 16.5
lt forearm 13.5
neck 18
waist @hipline 35
chest 43
calves 15.5
leg above knee 18
top 23 (f##kin sad)

well thats some info, let me know if ya need more and thankx man....

Chris

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Top 3:

Low Carb -

-Instone Intake Preformance (Vitamin enriched, cheapest)

-SAN Infusion (Slightly better profile IMO and more flavors, slightly more expensive, lacking vitamin/ minerals)

Carbs -

- Core MRP (Similar but slightly better nutrition than Prolab's product, customizable with scoops instead of packets, and cheaper since they come in tubs)

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
thankx man, so, i was gonna say ill do it later, but ill start it now, maybe add to it later.....

im 36, be 37 in nov.
6'5"
yestarday morning, according to my homedics scale, lol, i was 209 body fat 18%,body water %59.8, BMR2099, and muscle mass 40.2.....

Ive had 3 shoulder surgeries since last april, 2 on my right, 1 on my left...the left was a decompression/impingement only and its back to 100%...im right handed..first surgery, decom/imping + bicept tendon and torn labrum.....went back to work and tore my rotator cuff (rt) and had surgery in feb 06...2 screws, fully repaired, full range of motion and am at about 4+ strenght...still need some stabilizer muscle strenght to return....

quit training in about 2000, married had 2 babies, lived on the road for my job, startin a business, building a house etc....at my best i was 219@10%....

ive been at physical therapy since the day of the surgery, and for about the last month, started lifting and am feeling ok in my shoulders so far..just have to watch what exercises i do...

im up to 65 lb dumbells on chest press (off a ball) for reps of 12-15 (3 sets)...i also do inclines w/60's, and cant do declines cause of my shoulders, it gives me sharp pains...

for back, doing rows, seated and upright....

bi's, just dumbbell curls, low weight, high reps...my arms are bigger porportionately (sp) to my legs and chest...(back is bigger also) traps are small...doin shrugs w/50's 3x12....

tri, pushdowns sets of 15-20 3x 110lbs...

shoulders...all my stabilizer exercises, wont bore you with them, plus anterior and lateral raises 10 lbs sets of 12-15 (3)...

calves i do m w f ...doing them one leg at a time, seated raises, 115lbs 3x10-12....

legs once a week or every fifth day....been advised not to do squats anymore because of my shoulder...also, my right leg, broke tibia and fibula in the 80's, is over an inch shorter that my lt leg, so low back pain...

so i do extensions, curls, strait leg, presses, lunges and wall squats w/ball.......

core and cardio at least 3x week lately....

as for my diet, im clueless.....

i been using met-rx, but im out and looking for something better.....a normal eating day was shake in the am, then lunch tuna sandwhich, baked chips, tea or water, then workout, shake after, dinner fish or steak, baked, veg and tea, shake b4 bed, but man, im tired of eatin the same thing and i dont know if its even right.....

so, my goals, if thats u in the pic, your abs.....bigger quads/legs/calves, cut chest and a lil bigger....basically a harder body overall, but i need some mass on my legs....did i say i wanted cut abs....cut abs...

some measurments (measurinbg myself right now, so approx)

lt bi 16.5
lt forearm 13.5
neck 18
waist @hipline 35
chest 43
calves 15.5
leg above knee 18
top 23 (f##kin sad)

well thats some info, let me know if ya need more and thankx man....

Chris
Chris,

Good info. Do you have a recent picture you could send so I have a better idea of your body type? Endo, Ecto, Meso....I have an idea from your stats and info, but a picture would be very helpful....

How strick do you want to be with this? What does your schedule allow for? Can you eat your meals consistantly everyday or do you find that you are just eating when/what your schedule allows. Would you be willing to cook your meals for the week ahead of time?

What supplements are you currently on, if any. (Besides protein).

I may send you the start of a rough outline I'm putting together that will eventually be written into a book if I can find time.

Shoot me an email at the following address:
[email protected]