Creatine gluconate

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Anyone experienced good things with this compund? What about water retention? Any comments are greatly appreciated!!

propho

Awards
  • Established
I just got some.. I'll keep you updated..

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
I just got mine from CNW, if you go by the results that most people say about sizeon then it should be really good, I'm going to try low dose about 2-2.5 g pre-w/o, since it absorption is supposed to be so good, I think that might work.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Cool, I hope yuo guys will see good thingsin this compound :)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick question for some of you guy's here. I know that size on has some where around 30gr of carbs per serving(powder)some of which comes from there unique insulin mimetic, yet the tabs do not list any carbs on the bottle. With that being said I'm a bit confused on how to work a creatine like this into my current cutter. If it's creatine attached to a glucose molecule should I count that as carbs or no?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Well, from what I have heard, I think that what is left instead of alcohol(CEE) is glucose(gluconate), so I don't think you should count that, as the alcohol is far worse than glucose, and this pathway makes the creatine a lot more easy to absorb. But the big question is water retention IMO.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
The thing that is interesting is the main reason why they say creatine gluconate works is because they basically attached creatine to a glucose molecule and when it is cleaved it leaves you with creatine and glucose byproducts. However, say you took 3g of CG, you would be getting < 3g of glucose and I seriously doubt that this amount of glucose would "drive creatine into the cells" like they say.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
The thing that is interesting is the main reason why they say creatine gluconate works is because they basically attached creatine to a glucose molecule and when it is cleaved it leaves you with creatine and glucose byproducts. However, say you took 3g of CG, you would be getting < 3g of glucose and I seriously doubt that this amount of glucose would "drive creatine into the cells" like they say.
Yep, that's true, maybe they added sugar in the drink mix to have a better effect on creatine uptake?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Yep, that's true, maybe they added sugar in the drink mix to have a better effect on creatine uptake?
Even if they did that would defeat the purpose of using CEE pre workout. You would basically have to use it after a workout or at some other point in the day. Adding sugar (increasing insulin) before a workout inhibits fatty acid oxidation and switches to a glucose burning effect, which causes less fat loss during a workout. It is the "old school" mentality of using a lot of sugar with creating. Muscle Tech anyone?

I mean their other reasoning was that CEE splits into creatine and ethyl alcohol, but I am not sure if the ethyl alcohol is in high enough amounts to have a negative effect, it is yet to be seen.

I am not saying creatine gluconate isn't effective because it is a great form of it, but it is also much more expensive at the current moment. Once price comes down I think it will be a good route to take. We are even experimenting with it in Chaos.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So Lake Mount, are you saying that your running some beta test trials of Chaos substituting the CEE for CM? If so, then keep us informed of what comes up. Hopefully you want mind providing us with a really good objective view of these two types of creatine.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
He's gonna send me some of the new Chaos to beta test.

Hopefully....

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
So Lake Mount, are you saying that your running some beta test trials of Chaos substituting the CEE for CM? If so, then keep us informed of what comes up. Hopefully you want mind providing us with a really good objective view of these two types of creatine.
Not CM but CG (creatine gluconate). And yes we are running test trials with the new supercharged version.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ill try to CG when the price is lowered. i still want to see how it works not many people are RAVING about how good it works, unless they just want to keep it a secret. then again when something works VERY WELL its usualy never a secret.

i take CEE and cm. yes i take both . example postraining ill take some CM 5 grams then later on ill take some Cee.

My theory could be wrong but i figure since Cee has a special absorption method that the mono will work in conjunction with the Cee.-just a thought i came up with- it could be crazy but then again it makes sense to me. therefore it would be bezt if i took the cee first then the cm.

what i like about the cee is it really does seem that you can only take 3 grams of it(i take 5) and get about what about 20 of mono does. and i tend to get bloated off of mono(not everyone does) i dont seem to get bloated off of cee.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Ok so enough people have tried this what is the feedback.

With Size-on you are suppose to be able to feel it within the first 2 workouts. So you guys who have used it for at least 3 days what have you noticed?

CROWLER

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
It's good, I feel it for sure, I was taking GREEN MAGnitude, it has 2.5 each of Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Dicreatine Malate and other things, it's really good, but taking the CG around 3 grams I'm getting better strength, volume, and pump...I have used it four days now, and will for sure continue using CG or CG products, I really think it may be the one that can take over the top from CEE...

tattoopierced1

ordering some of this up soon for a pre and during workout mix that I am putting together....

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
It's good, I feel it for sure, I was taking GREEN MAGnitude, it has 2.5 each of Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Dicreatine Malate and other things, it's really good, but taking the CG around 3 grams I'm getting better strength, volume, and pump...I have used it four days now, and will for sure continue using CG or CG products, I really think it may be the one that can take over the top from CEE...
What about water retention? Feeling bloated a little ?

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
I'm not feeling bloated, but I never get the bloat even with mono, so maybe somebody else should comment on that one...

What about water retention? Feeling bloated a little ?

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
I guess its pretty much n=1 but I started using CG about 2 weeks ago to replace CEE (I definately didnt like that CEE and kidney thread as I was getting kidney pains as well). The taste is okay, I just level off a teaspoon and dump it into my mouth...chase with water. Tastes slightly sweet at first but definately a "chemical" feel.

My bench has pretty much been stagnant the entire summer (really since April-May...I pulled my hamstring bad in early March and had to re-evaluate my training and I decided to try and keep off fat since I wouldnt be able to do cardio or any leg lifting, I ended up losing some muscle from everywhere but especially the legs). For the entire summer I was stuck at around 295x5 reps as a final set at bench...This was about where I was prior to injury which was at about 315x3. This equates out to like a 332lb max. Earlier in this week I managed 300x5, which is like 338lb max. Yesterday, I decided to max and got a new personal best of 345lb. So I definately am growing in strength, though I have not changed diet or training.

I take 5g of CG postworkout.

I should also mention that this result probably is easily skewed due to the fact that I am still regaining muscle memory in many areas of my body. For instance, my squats are coming back but they still arent anywhere near where they once were (duh)..this would probably be happening independantly of creatine or whatnot. However, my chest probably lost the least amount of size/strength in that period of time, and basically the early summer I got back most of that strength already. Hence why I am using it as an example.

Again n=1 but I also get no stomach discomfort. Though I cant remember if I got GI probs from mono, as I havent used mono in like 3 years. And regarding bloat, well...I'm always bloated (never seen the abs, but have a decent amount of vascularity and vein-age everywhere else) haha. Any large carb meal bloats the HELL out of me everytime without fail. Even if I dont drink alot of water. So I cant say with bloat.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah i was reading muscular development - and chad nichols, the famous nutritionist said every body responds to foods diferently. You have to FIND OUT or KNow what works for your body.

example, ronnie coleman is in the upper offseason right now carn cycleing 1000-1200 carbs for his refed day. Then he goes down to arounf 500 carbs. (he takes in around 500 protein everyday

Gunter Schlierkamp on the other hand - has trouble keeping on his muscle once he gets it up so hes taking in around 700 carbs right now. hes going to come in at the O,8-10 lbs more than last years at about 310. The more muscular gunter is the more intimadating hell look onstage.he has trouble keeping the muscle on once he gets it on thats why hes eating higher carbs.

thats an example of how too different bodys are different and like i said its crucial to know what works for your body. I have the basics of what works for my body-ive been training with weights for 4 years now. i started at 21! i was 6ft3 and about 165 when i started. and i know some basic nutritional stuf that works for me body. ill keep training and as i get better ill know what works more in specifics and apply that.

Mastery comes aorund year 10. ive been doing this a lil over 4 years.

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
I found that I gained quite a bit of weight from Size On... it was not a controlled experiement, but with all things being the same, I did not feel bloated but I gained somewhere between 3-5 lbs in a week on it. After ~30 days I was up by about 10 lbs.

I was not able to test the strength aspect due to some tendonitis that I had to deal with.

I am heading back to the gym tomorrow after almost two weeks off, so I will report in after a week or two.

I seem to be a non-responder to CEE, although I do ok with monohydrate.

Regards,
R

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Bro, no offense but I can assure you that there were lurking variables in this. Most people don't even gain 10lbs in a month with androgens let alone with size-on.

I found that I gained quite a bit of weight from Size On... it was not a controlled experiement, but with all things being the same, I did not feel bloated but I gained somewhere between 3-5 lbs in a week on it. After ~30 days I was up by about 10 lbs.

I was not able to test the strength aspect due to some tendonitis that I had to deal with.

I am heading back to the gym tomorrow after almost two weeks off, so I will report in after a week or two.

I seem to be a non-responder to CEE, although I do ok with monohydrate.

Regards,
R

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
You know what is weird, I'm on a low carb right now, been losing about 2-3 lbs a week, been trying to figure out what is going on, I"ve gained 3 lbs since I started CG, but seem to still be losing bf%, it's early to tell if that's the case, but been trying to pin down why my bodyweight is going up, I guess it could be more water retained?

Bro, no offense but I can assure you that there were lurking variables in this. Most people don't even gain 10lbs in a month with androgens let alone with size-on.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
stories..keep em coming...and while your at it please tell your level of expirence...like beginner...(1-3 years) intermeiate(4-6 years) or a master (7-10 plus) and how dedicated you are.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
It looks like it works for everyone, but I am still wondering if this is better than CEE for gains..

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know what is weird, I'm on a low carb right now, been losing about 2-3 lbs a week, been trying to figure out what is going on, I"ve gained 3 lbs since I started CG, but seem to still be losing bf%, it's early to tell if that's the case, but been trying to pin down why my bodyweight is going up, I guess it could be more water retained?
how is strength?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It looks like it works for everyone, but I am still wondering if this is better than CEE for gains..
best way to see if it works for you is to try it.

I like Cee; however im going to try the Creatine gluconate coming up

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
Hi LakeMountD,

Yes - sorry - I did not mean to insinuate that I gained 10lbs of rock hard muscle from CG... :)

I have only been lifting continuously for the past two years, although I have been lifting on and off for my whole life. As a former fat boy, my body comp is very volatile. In one week I can move five pounds of fluid / fat around, depending on what is going on.

In terms of gaining weight from Size On, I can say that it caused weight gain (without apparent fat gain) for sure, but the amount will depend on the individual and their body type.

I'll post in a couple of weeks with an update.

Later,
R

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Ive been lifting regularly since 03, so around 2.5-3 years now. Mainly focusing on strength and the big 3 lifts for football training as a lineman, but used to use a 5x5 program and had GREAT results from it. Currently using a 4 day per week program with upper and lower body splits.

Also I am not using sizeon, I am just using straight creatine gluconate.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought I would add my entirely anecdotal experience to this discourse. About a week ago I started dosing Size-On immediately pre-WO and thus far I am fairly impressed. Though I am currently on a cycle of androgens I have been on it long enough to differentiate the effects of the Test alone vs. Test + Size On. I feel the added muscular endurance during my workouts and a slight decrease in recovery time, both between sets and sessions. However, I should state that this could very well be the gentle progression of the Testosterone, but I am confident the Size On is having a measurable effect.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I thought I would add my entirely anecdotal experience to this discourse. About a week ago I started dosing Size-On immediately pre-WO and thus far I am fairly impressed. Though I am currently on a cycle of androgens I have been on it long enough to differentiate the effects of the Test alone vs. Test + Size On. I feel the added muscular endurance during my workouts and a slight decrease in recovery time, both between sets and sessions. However, I should state that this could very well be the gentle progression of the Testosterone, but I am confident the Size On is having a measurable effect.
That's good bro. I might get some... Still debating..lol

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's good bro. I might get some... Still debating..lol
Meh, it was free for me so why not. To me, the concept of bonding the salt based Creatine Ion to a glucose ion seems sound in terms of initial absorption, but in terms of raised mitochondrial response...not to sold on that.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Meh, it was free for me so why not. To me, the concept of bonding the salt based Creatine Ion to a glucose ion seems sound in terms of initial absorption, but in terms of raised mitochondrial response...not to sold on that.
Free? I would try anything for free..haha but yeah, I don't think the small leftover of glucose will make a difference. Maybe the alcohool leftover from CEE reduced a little the effectiveness, but I guess it's working pretty good so far.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I took sizeon a couple months back and ran it for about 4 weeks. It was the best creatine product I have ever tried. My lifts steadily increased, I got excellent pumps and vascularity, and recovery was at an all time high. Ive been lifting for about 3 years. This and man clout are the two best creatine products imo. I have never seen any results on cee, but on sizeon I saw some dramatic increases in strength and muscle fullness.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have some 200 grams of Creatine Gluconate in the mail, on the way, to my house right now. ill be replacing Creatine Gluconate with creatine mono. Also im on a cut - you can see my pictures in PICs=- my quest for a sixpack. anyways ive been losing steady and im on a new program- max-ot. Most of my lifts have actually gone up since starting max-ot. im also taking nac-which i think work well, aakg, taurine, ala, and alcar. Now when i start Creatine Gluconate we will see how strength increases. If it works good then itll show because im giving this cutting diet all ive got.

Ill keep the thread posted about strength increases. also you can look at my quest for a sixpack as i post my numbers on lifts.

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
update:
I've been on Cg for about two weeks now, strength is for sure up, lastnight on Mil Press I put 4x45's on the bar and got 7,6,8 reps vs 3 weeks ago I could only do 6 reps had to drop the weight, 2 weeks ago, couldn't get 1 rep, last week couldn't get it pressed, each of those times I had to drop weight down to 185 to continue and had solid 8's there. I don't think all the strength is Cg, started androgel about the sametime, so maybe more that...I'm also on very low carb right now, with carb up only 1 meal every 14 days.

Sidenote: Creatine Gluconate taste good, I dump it in my mouth and wash it down, I really like the taste...

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
update:
I've been on Cg for about two weeks now, strength is for sure up, lastnight on Mil Press I put 4x45's on the bar and got 7,6,8 reps vs 3 weeks ago I could only do 6 reps had to drop the weight, 2 weeks ago, couldn't get 1 rep, last week couldn't get it pressed, each of those times I had to drop weight down to 185 to continue and had solid 8's there. I don't think all the strength is Cg, started androgel about the sametime, so maybe more that...I'm also on very low carb right now, with carb up only 1 meal every 14 days.

Sidenote: Creatine Gluconate taste good, I dump it in my mouth and wash it down, I really like the taste...
Great to have some feedback on it :) Thanks

jeglinas

jeglinas

Awards
update:

What doses do you use? Pre/Post on workout days and once on non work out days?

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
I've used Sizeon and can say that I couldn't really tell the difference between that and Cell Mass. I think Cell Mass is CEE...However the recovery ability of Sizeon is good in my opinion. Gains wise they seemed fairly even.

I noticed that creatine doesn't really help too much with my strength gains but aids me greatly in recovery.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
does it really matter if you take it pre -training or des it work as well post-training?

jeglinas

jeglinas

Awards
Yea I was stacking it with taurine I definetly had a better response with CEE stacked taurine prior to working out

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im not getting any bloat or water retention on this. seems to be goingwell.I am increasing strength. i cant say its the creatine however it could be. It could also be the nac. im take about 3 grams of this product daily. how are everyones else expirences with this product? do u for sure notice anything different?

I do notice my stomach seems to feel better on this than creatine mono ike immedialty after i take it in the morning.