CLA and Sesamin

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Re: CLA and Sesamin a Scam?

I personally think Sesamin is a good product to attack fat on a diffrent level,*(not a thermo or stim type)* as far as cla goes, there is some data backing it up, but its a long term sort of thing to take on both.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established

Sesamin may have health benifit, but its not the best option for fat loss supp

sumguy

Awards

Not worth the $$. Maybe if it was the same price as fish oil or flax oil.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established

Sesamin worked for me in terms of body composition improvement, but in the higher more effective doses it caused a "deca" ****-like libido issue.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

sesamin and low-carb=good
sesamin and pigging out=good damage control
that's about it, but it is good for you.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established

I haven't seen good reviews on either product, some semi-positive and alot of nuetral reviews. This tends to be the case in products that may work for some but probably will fade away from popularity! I've spent enough money on crap over the years to be hypersceptical of any new product, and I see a lot of products introduce just 3 or 4 months ago on clearance already! Glad I left em alone! I'm not going to bother trying either, even if they work I doubt the results vs $$ would be worth it.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established

The problem with CLA supposedly lies in the isomers.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established

The problem with CLA supposedly lies in the isomers.
I've seen good results with Sesamin but at higher doses (3 grams per day). As previously stated, it does work much better on a lower carb diet.
This allowed me to drop additional fat easier, but also made my muscles slightly flat. Once I discontinued sesamine, however, the fullness returned within days.
I did experince a slight loss of libido while on this high dose.

CLA has never done much for me, but I have never stayed on it longer than a month. I can't say what long term use would result in...

Deccadick

Deccadick

Awards
Sorry Mr. Editor I was in no way trying to attack the profits of individuals on this board who are selling Sesamin. I was just interested in others opinions on Sesamin and CLA. Neither is worth the money IMO

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Other than some good anti-cancer properties in CLA, I have seen no reason to supplement with for fatloss purposes.

Haven't tried Sesamin.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I have Sesamin as a staple in my diet. I think it yields a great boost for fat loss. Along with minimizing fat gains, especially when you go to a buffet and plow through 12 plates of fried whatever. I tried CLA, IMO its not worth the money. I was reading a study on it today, that basically shows that long term results are still inconclusive for fat loss unless you are obese. One thing about Sesamin that I think people fail to realize is that, most don't see results until about 14 days, and even then, its not like your stomach just falls off. It is a non stim product, so it may seem like its not working, but give it a try for a month, track your bf and measurements and see. It is getting cheap now, you can snag a bottle for about $17, and some of the sponsers here have 10% off deals here and there. IMO Sesamin is a great product, and CLA needs more backing for me to try it again.

Oh yeah for the libido problems, I use 3 a day and see no changes, then again people react differently.

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
I tried Sesamin without my diet being that good, didn't do anything for me. I'm on Sesamin right now, and a very good Low Carb with 1 carb up day diet, and it's working great.

I'm no science geek, but maybe the diet has more to do with it than the Sesamin?

Jim

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I tried Sesamin without my diet being that good, didn't do anything for me. I'm on Sesamin right now, and a very good Low Carb with 1 carb up day diet, and it's working great.

I'm no science geek, but maybe the diet has more to do with it than the Sesamin?

Jim
I stay on a fairly low carb diet year around, with carb up days where I see fit.
For me, the addition of Sesamin, while on a low carb diet, works better for fat loss than just the diet alone.

Glad your seeing good results!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

Jim
Absolutely. These are diet aids not magic pills ;)