Shaker Cup Suggestions?

Trench

Awards
I got shaker cups from bodybuilding.com and GNC... sad thing is that they are both screw on and supposedly "leak proof." BS! Lid popped off while in my ice chest... I carry that as my lunchkit to work lol, and it was all over my lunch, dinner, and other meals... Grrr. This isnt the first time either. The bodybuilding.com shaker bottle pops off OFTEN when I shake the protein and milk up...

So my question is, anyone know of a GOOD shaker bottle that is like dishwasher safe that can withstand a good shaking and is truly "leak proof"?

Crowler... why dont you guys come out with one for AI? Good advertisement... and if its leak proof, thats all I'll use!!

-Trench

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Leak proof shakers...pfft...that's like the tooth fairy or something. doesn't exist and not even god could create it...haha, jk.

good point, i hope to see a good shaker one day, too.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm. I got the free shaker bottle from bbing.com and all has been well. You sure you sealed top on properly?

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Google Blender Bottle. Best investment ever.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Just use a water bottle. No leaks, cheap, and last a lot longer than the shaker cups because no seals to go bad.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I use BB.com shakers. Never had a problem (provided there is no powder in the grooves, and u have enough muscles to turn the lid) Ha ha.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I use BB.com shakers. Never had a problem (provided there is no powder in the grooves, and u have enough muscles to turn the lid) Ha ha.
All of my BB.com bottles ended up a mess. Usually it's the rubber seeal that goes out. GNC does have a decent one, but I hate buying anything from there. NutraPlanet sells a very good one.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Nice to see you again Cuffs :)

I have the perfect design for a bottle.....this has been a pet peave for us all. Maybe I'll figure out how to start making them.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
the perfect shaker bottle for me believe it or not is pasta jars, washed labeless if you prefer. simply eat pasta then you have a seal tight, tough (dont drop it on the pavement), large capacity shaker bottle. Some pastas leave an odor but most dont. also mason jars work great with good seals.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Nalgene bottles cannot be beat. I've got three of them now. One I've had for 11 years! They are indestructable AND they never leak!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Nalgene bottles cannot be beat. I've got three of them now. One I've had for 11 years! They are indestructable AND they never leak!
True, thats a good one, forgot about those, my prob is i seem to lose evrything, so the cheaper the better.:ntome:

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
All of my BB.com bottles ended up a mess. Usually it's the rubber seeal that goes out. GNC does have a decent one, but I hate buying anything from there. NutraPlanet sells a very good one.
That might be an old design cuz my BB.com shakers don't have seals.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I've had the best luck w/ shakers from either Pinnacle or GNC. The kind that snap on work just fine. Anything that has a seal or screws on craps out on me as far as leaking.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
I like the "Turbo Shaker" (DPS) or whatever free ones I get with orders.

Gumbo

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DPS nutrition bottles usually work pretty well for me... also as Cuffs said water bottles... Disposable and they work just as good!!!

david4zero8

Awards
I'll second that. I recently picked up a Nalgene wide-mouth bottle and it works great. :thumbsup:

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Rubbermaid makes a widemouth liquid bottle with a lid that creates a darn good seal.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Blender Bottle... seriously.

Although I'd still support SJA, if he made some :-*

GREENFEATHER

GREENFEATHER

Awards
I've had my BSN shaker and water bottle for 3 years, no runs, no drips, no spillage. They have good bottles, but the foulest tasting whey under the sun!!:(
ROB

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I have a couple of salad dressing shakers made by Zyliss that seem to be pretty good.

My all-time favorite shaker is a Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing shaker that my wife ordered 10+ years ago. I haven't seen it since.

Anyhow, I alternate between the Zyliss and HVR shakers.

-Tinytoad

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
I have a ton of ON shakers (I get one free w/ each 5lbs purchase) and I've never had a problem w/ them.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
The best ones i've ever used are the cheapest looking ones, they are literally just a plastic cup with a tightly sealed lid and they don't leak at all. It's the more expensive ones with the screw on tops that leak really badly.

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
BLENDER BOTTLES without a question. Got mine from the Home Shopping Network

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
If you "donate" enough money to Sam - he'll give you this awesome Optimum Nutrition shaker!
;)

tattoopierced1

just ordered some blender bottles...hope they are better than the ones i have now.

the new GNC bottles arent too bad...except the seal comes out after about a week of use, still stays pretty tight though, but it could mix much better.

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
just ordered some blender bottles...hope they are better than the ones i have now.

the new GNC bottles arent too bad...except the seal comes out after about a week of use, still stays pretty tight though, but it could mix much better.
I ordered eight and immediately threw away everything else!

tattoopierced1

me and two people at work ordered a total of 3 so we could get the free shipping on them...if they are as nice as everyone says they are, i'll be ordering 3 more for myself.

rayballs03

Awards
I agree, Blender Bottles are the best shakers. I brought some into my store to try out and everyone loves them. A little more expensive than most shakers but you wont be wasting anymore money on others just to have them leak.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
The best ones i've ever used are the cheapest looking ones, they are literally just a plastic cup with a tightly sealed lid and they don't leak at all. It's the more expensive ones with the screw on tops that leak really badly.
True. For instance, Rubbermaid sux! I like the 100ml graduations with the oz and cup conversions on the side, but they leak so bad I rarely use them.

tattoopierced1

used the blender bottle for the first time today, and holy crap is it awesome...

01yz426

01yz426

Awards

Pretty much nailed it on the head with this one.. I've got 4-Blender Bottles, 2 at home, 1 in my truck and 1 at work.. Mine have NEVER leaked and the mouth piece even without a breather hole is big enough to gulp down any shake....

havlicek

Awards
I've tried too many to count. The last 3 have been DPS, Zyliss, and Blender. For me, Blender is easily the best of the 3, and better than anything else I've used. My search is over.

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
I also ordered some Blender Bottles, based on everyone's reviews. I got the 28oz, 4 pack from HSN.com...
My question, do your bottles say 20 oz, or 28 oz?
I ordered the four 28 oz bottles, but the bottles themselves are only labeled up to 20 oz.

Thanks

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I was curious about the blender bottles since everyone seems to love them, but I was being too cheap to pay shipping.

Luckily, I happened to drop into a franchise GNC store that sometimes carries other things you don't find in all of them. They had blender bottles for 10 bucks, so w/ the 20% coupon I had, I scored one for about $8, no need for shipping, of course.

I've used it twice, already, and am very impressed w/ it. I still do have one or two more thicker MRP's to test in it, but so far, I love it. Eight dollars very well spent! Thanks to everyone that hyped up my curiousity enough to buy one.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow, so much debate over shakers.

I just went to the grocery store, down the tupperware aisle one day, and got a couple containers that work 100x better than BB.com shakers, and for a lot less $$$.