Confused, supplements hurt your liver??

Trench

Awards
I went to the doctor for a physical and just your norm. checkup and he asked me if I took any steroids when he was examing my body... I said no and he says yeah right. Anyways, he ordered for me to take a blood test today but when I went, they said they couldn't test me today because I had eaten in the past 8 hrs and it would effect the Lipid Panel partial of the test or something. Anyways, I made the mistake of telling him Im trying to get in 7000+ calories daily... lol. He said he doent think my liver can handle it all. So my question is, will Jungle Warfare, excessive protein, NO, Chaos, Creatine, etc.. will any of that stuff make my blood test screwed up when I do it, not to mention I take flax seed and olive oill prolly 3x daily so will any of that effect my test results? I am scheduled to go back next monday. I was told not to exercise or eat 12 hrs within coming in for blood test which screws my diet up. But yeah. I am scheduled to do metabolic panel, lipid panel, TSH, CBC+PLT CT, TSH, URINALYSIS, TOTAL PROTEIN Serum, IRON, and T3 UPTAKE.

Thanks,

-Trench

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I went to the doctor for a physical and just your norm. checkup and he asked me if I took any steroids when he was examing my body... I said no and he says yeah right. Anyways, he ordered for me to take a blood test today but when I went, they said they couldn't test me today because I had eaten in the past 8 hrs and it would effect the Lipid Panel partial of the test or something. Anyways, I made the mistake of telling him Im trying to get in 7000+ calories daily... lol. He said he doent think my liver can handle it all. So my question is, will Jungle Warfare, excessive protein, NO, Chaos, Creatine, etc.. will any of that stuff make my blood test screwed up when I do it, not to mention I take flax seed and olive oill prolly 3x daily so will any of that effect my test results? I am scheduled to go back next monday. I was told not to exercise or eat 12 hrs within coming in for blood test which screws my diet up. But yeah. I am scheduled to do metabolic panel, lipid panel, TSH, CBC+PLT CT, TSH, URINALYSIS, TOTAL PROTEIN Serum, IRON, and T3 UPTAKE.

Thanks,

-Trench

it appears they are more interested in your thryoid, strange seeing how he talks about your liver. Did he feel your liver was enlarged???? Is your coloring yellow?? Why did you go to him in the first place? Are you having problems?

Dont take any supplements for those 12 hours, drink water to clean out your system as much as possible. Im not sure if using all those products will effect your labs or not, but not using them for the 12 hours will help.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
7k calories? Are you like 300 pounds? That kind of calories intake and all the supps can do damage if you're taking them in the newest fad of MEGA-DOSE and yes, they can have an effect on your blood work if they are still in your system at the time of the testing.

Trench

Awards
I'm trying to bulk... Only 193, But I was 187 last time I saw him which was mmm, 3 weeks ago. I'm eating as many calories as I can to gain some weight! I dont eat sugars or anything. Just oats, pastas, meats, and potatoes basically. Other than the flax and olive oils.

-Trench

p.s. I went there the first time for them to check me for something totally different from this... and the test came back negative which was good, but he doubled check this time and when I had to take my clothes off... lol, he told me that my body seems to be enlarged? No, I'm not yellow. I have no liver pains at all. He thinks Im on roids and Im not... He asked me when my clothes were off(lol so gay) if I took steroids because my body looked like it was getting too big(alot of stretch marks) for itself to handle... Thats when I told him I was taking in 7k calories daily... He didnt take that too well.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Dude, you can probably grow quite well on 4000 cals/day. When that stops working, increase. If you don't mind getting fat, by all means go for it, but you'll have a ****load of work to do to lose that extra fat.

Congrats on the development, though.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
... He thinks Im on roids and Im not... He asked me when my clothes were off(lol so gay) if I took steroids because my body looked like it was getting too big(alot of stretch marks) for itself to handle... Thats when I told him I was taking in 7k calories daily... He didnt take that too well.
Next time you see him tell him all of the supplements you are taking and your dosage levels. You have nothing to hide, a lot to learn and most important the doctor will be better informed as to the actual state of your health...which will result in better medical care as well as better medical assessment of your condition.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If your eating 7000 cals and not getting fat stick with it. If he thinks your on steroids you must be doing something right. Also I beleive lifting throws off one of the values on a blood test but don't remeber wich one. If I remember right its createanine(sp). I wouldn't bother telling him wich supps you take. 99% percent of doctors don't know sh*t about supplements and will just lecture you about it.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Creatine throws off creatinine, making some think it is detrimental. Lifting throws off liver values, ALT and AST. If this comes out high, you can inform him that theses enzymes are also found in muscle tissue, so if you have recently lifted the results could be dramatically skewed. Or, just don't lift for 2-3 days before going in. That'll save you a lot more time. He could also do a 3rd liver test, but I forget what it is. GGTT or something like that. Where's Jonny when you need him?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to bulk... Only 193, But I was 187 last time I saw him which was mmm, 3 weeks ago. I'm eating as many calories as I can to gain some weight! I dont eat sugars or anything. Just oats, pastas, meats, and potatoes basically. Other than the flax and olive oils.

-Trench

p.s. I went there the first time for them to check me for something totally different from this... and the test came back negative which was good, but he doubled check this time and when I had to take my clothes off... lol, he told me that my body seems to be enlarged? No, I'm not yellow. I have no liver pains at all. He thinks Im on roids and Im not... He asked me when my clothes were off(lol so gay) if I took steroids because my body looked like it was getting too big(alot of stretch marks) for itself to handle... Thats when I told him I was taking in 7k calories daily... He didnt take that too well.

Whats your fat % like? You weight pretty much the same as I do and If I ate 7k in cals I would get crazy fat in just a few months. Not to mention how bloated you must feel. I tried bulking last year on alot less cals then 7k and I JUST finally got rid of those 2 extra inches I put on my waist. Now I have to get rid of the next 3 inches!! I wonder what a 6pack looks like on me :food:

Stretch marks? If they are on your stomach oh oh. Anywhere else I know for myself Is quite normal. I just started getting some on my calves and even besides my knees since I started raising the intensity of my leg workout in just the past few months. Expect more, its normal!

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
All of those supps taken together with all those calories can easily give you a fatty liver - a reversible process ont eh most part but your labs will be off. Make sure you take ample time off those supps and cut the high caloric intake for a while becuase I can almost gurantee that if you aren't taking in enough water you are doing osm edamage adn presumably leaving some permament liver damage if not some compromise in your renal function with the prolonged and elevated usage of creatine.

Stay hydrated and give yourself some breaks (4-6 weeks off EVERYTHING).

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established

Thanks,

-Trench
He doesn't think your liver can handle it all? Your lipid levels are in question? Yeah probably cuz he is convinced that u are cycling. In any case, stay away from all that other stuff, obviously just eating can change the results of bloodwork, but it won't really matter too much if your not cycling. By the way, I was just wondering why u take so much flax and olive oil? Did u ever have a problem with your lipid levels? Have u ever cycled?

bbuck

Awards
Hi protien diet and heavy lifting can give the same blood markers as a liver that is damaged.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Hi protien diet and heavy lifting can give the same blood markers as a liver that is damaged.
Yeah, but heavy lifting and high protein levels won't thrash lipid levels like a cycle will.

Trench

Awards
adding 1Tbsp of olive and/or flaxseed oil adds 120 calories to each shake... Easy calories.

-Trench