6-methyluracil or 6-MU feedback?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.47%

6-methyluracil or 6-MU feedback?

So with all the attention now in natural anabolics i came across 6-MU by Giant nutrition.

It looks like a gimmick but its not that pricey (only $10) and its put out by what looks to be a reputable company.

Heres the product description:
    Also known as the "Russian anabolic secret" 6-Methyluracil (6-MU) serves many functions in the body, one of the most important being synthesis and repair of DNA and RNA. 6-MU finally addresses this woefully neglected aspect of muscle repair and growth and is supported by vast research demonstrating muscle growth, healing of wounds, even increased cognitive function!

It sounds very similiar to ecdysterone but there is very limited feedback on it.

Has anyone here tried it that can give me some feedback?

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.36%

I know it is used in Cell Fuel by Ergopharm. I think I remember reading that it isn't going to give you amazing results standalone, but was kinda used as a filler ingredient that will help a little. If I can find that statement again, Ill post it, it was said from PA on a different board.
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Anything advertised as a Russian secret or that's supposed to have a lot of research backing it but none quoted on the site witth the claims is usually bull****. There's some pubmed hits for a chemical like or similar to 6-MU being an antagonist for the GnRH receptor. No idea if this is the same product as what Giant Nutrition is selling and whether oral administration in normal healthy men will do anything though.

At ten bucks though, who knows, give it a shot. At least if it does nothing it's a way more reasonably priced nothing than most companies are offering.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.47%

okay i found out some more info

apparently it used to be produced by a company called atletika around 1990 and it used to be known as 4-methyluracil in scientific literature.

i think i might give this a shot in a few weeks.

ill repost here with my results if i dont start a log.

do you think it might be worth megadosing?
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.52%

Quote Originally Posted by wormwood
    okay i found out some more info
    apparently it used to be produced by a company called atletika around 1990 and it used to be known as 4-methyluracil in scientific literature.
    i think i might give this a shot in a few weeks.
    ill repost here with my results if i dont start a log.
    do you think it might be worth megadosing?
    The 4-methyluracil reference produced a few hits with skeletal muscle references, but the studies aren't available online so it'll take someone already having them or some footwork to find out if the stuff has any effect.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

The hell is up with the mega dosing stuff lately? Is it the new 'methyl'? Got to love catch phrases. I think taking a **** load of something that you have no clue about is always the best way of doing something.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    The hell is up with the mega dosing stuff lately? Is it the new 'methyl'? Got to love catch phrases. I think taking a **** load of something that you have no clue about is always the best way of doing something.
    It sounds like salemanship! I remember when Creatine first came out. It was like a Kilo equals one 250mg shot of Test. This was marketed as a safe alternative. Most human males relate a lot better to the 250 mgs of Test.( okay maybe it was only 20 grams a
    day of creatine) still about a kilo every 10 weeks vs 2.5 grams of test.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.47%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Okay let me put it this way. because i weigh 240lbs maybe i should take more than the recomended dosage to see if i can get more profound effects.

that better? lol

It sounds like you think it's a new hormonal substance which it's not.

i dont know, i figured that since ecdy can be megadosed and it seems like theyre somewhat similiar, maybe it can be megadosed too?
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

nah I meant that every product now is having a mega dose thread on it regardless if it's anabolic or not. I just don't think adding extra doses at the start is the way to go for anything regardless of what you weigh. Each body responds differently and listening to someone tell you to double dose something isn't too smart.

Take the rec. dose for a bit and slowly ramp up so you can avoid anything traumatic. A lot of people have internal issues they don't know about until they set it off and end up at the hospital. Just looking out for you man. You have to take it slow and easy with any supp. It's the best way to live longer
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.47%

i found this:

[Effect of 4-methyluracil on the functional state of skeletal muscle mitochondria]
    Tsitologiia. 1970;12(11):1456-9. Russian. No abstract available.
    PMID: 5508643 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

and this:

[Changes in the skeletal muscle fibers under the effect of systematic administration of 4-methyluracil]
    Arkh Anat Gistol Embriol. 1969 Feb;56(2):77-9. Russian. No abstract available.
    PMID: 5362504 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

the titles sound interesting, but no abstract available and i cant read russian.

does this mean we're out of luck?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 09:11 PM
  2. HGH 5 on 2 off or EOD, need feedback please
    By INFLUENCER in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 10:17 PM
  3. 7 - isoproxyisoflavone hot or not... any feedback?
    By Leggo my Ego in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 05:52 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 08:10 PM