Feeling bloated on Xtend...?

D

david4zero8

Awards
I started taking xtend roughly 2 weeks ago, 2 servings on cardio day and 3 servings on training/cardio day, and i've been feeling bloated around the midsection. The first week of it's use i had the "runs," but they have basically stopped at this point. Nothing has changed in my diet, 1600 calories/day [on a cut], besides adding xtend to my regime.

Anyone else experience this? I'm thinking about dropping the servings down to see if it makes a difference.

This is my split:

Day 1: Chest and Tris / Cardio (3 servings)
Day 2: Cardio (2 servings)
Day 3: Back and Bis / Cardio (3 servings}
Day 4: Cardio (2 servings)
Day 5: Shoulders, trap, and abs (3 servings)
Day 6: Cardio (2 servings)
Day 7: Legs and Calves (3 servings)
Day 8: Cardio (2 servings)
Repeat

K

Korrupted

Awards
I mix 4 scoops w/ about 64 oz.'s of water and I have never got the runs. Sometimes I feel bloated from drinking all the water in an hour. How much water do you mix the scoops with?

D

david4zero8

Awards
I mix 4 scoops w/ about 64 oz.'s of water and I have never got the runs. Sometimes I feel bloated from drinking all the water in an hour. How much water do you mix the scoops with?
Yeah it could be all the water intake in the short period of time. I usually mix the 2 and 3 servings with about 32oz of water, sometimes more. I refill the shaker when it gets low.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I started it at 3 scoops on smaller muscle days and 4 scoops on larger muscle days and none on off and have had no problems with the runs or bloating.

I am not sure how many oz I mix it in but I am pretty sure it is 32 and I sip it on the way to the gym, during work out, and after workout.

You may be consuming too much too fast as your body wont be able to utalize it all if too much is ingested and you will excrete it (atleast thats the impression Im under from past information)

K

Korrupted

Awards
You may be consuming too much too fast as your body wont be able to utalize it all if too much is ingested and you will excrete it (atleast thats the impression Im under from past information)
That's what I thought, that maybe the Xtned wasn't diluted enough. I used to chug what I had left after my workout and sometimes it gave me an upset stomach.

D

david4zero8

Awards
Did any of you guys notice feeling much more dehydrated upon waking up in the morning while on xtend?

D

david4zero8

Awards
No, haven't had that. Sometimes after my w/o my throat feels dry.
Yeah i know that feeling. That's when i would normally chug the remainder of the xtend.

I would mix my servings in a 1 gallon jug of water, but there's no where to place the jug on my treadmill. The largest bottle i can fit on the treadmill is a slender 32oz.

K

Korrupted

Awards
I carry a Coleman 1/2 gallon jug and I have to leave it on the floor when I do cardio. So I just chug some before my cardio and chug the rest afterwards.

D

david4zero8

Awards
I carry a Coleman 1/2 gallon jug and I have to leave it on the floor when I do cardio. So I just chug some before my cardio and chug the rest afterwards.
Yeah i was thinking about doing that too, but i always hear people saying "sip" the xtend during the entire cardio session, etc.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are many people that can have a problem with a sudden influx of amino's and/or fast acting protein. Too much can certainly cause discomfort. If you were to use high doses of amino acids I would take them in small increments spread out throughout the day.

Your body will certainly let you know when enough is enough.

K

Korrupted

Awards
Yeah i was thinking about doing that too, but i always hear people saying "sip" the xtend during the entire cardio session, etc.
Yeah it would be ideal, but I only do 19 min. sessions, so I doubt it's gonna make a difference.

D

david4zero8

Awards
There are many people that can have a problem with a sudden influx of amino's and/or fast acting protein. Too much can certainly cause discomfort. If you were to use high doses of amino acids I would take them in small increments spread out throughout the day.

Your body will certainly let you know when enough is enough.
Thanks for your input Bobo. I appreciate it.

On top of drinking the xtend too quickly, people on another board have been telling me my calories are WAAAY too low, which can also lead to the bloat if the xtend is taken in too quickly.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for your input Bobo. I appreciate it.

On top of drinking the xtend too quickly, people on another board have been telling me my calories are WAAAY too low, which can also lead to the bloat if the xtend is taken in too quickly.
Yes they are low. It would have to do more with taking them on an empty stomach than overall calories IMO. If you have a negative reaction to fast absorbing whey and/or amino's then an empty stomach would probably magnifiy it. If your calories are that low and you spread it out more then you have an increased chance of those amino to be converted into glucose so in your case you need to raise calories and spread the doses out to get the full effect. Using amino acids as an expensive source of ghlucose isn't exactly what you had in mind. I'm just taking a guess on that one.. ;)

D

david4zero8

Awards
Yes they are low. It would have to do more with taking them on an empty stomach than overall calories IMO. If you have a negative reaction to fast absorbing whey and/or amino's then an empty stomach would probably magnifiy it. If your calories are that low and you spread it out more then you have an increased chance of those amino to be converted into glucose so in your case you need to raise calories and spread the doses out to get the full effect. Using amino acids as an expensive source of ghlucose isn't exactly what you had in mind. I'm just taking a guess on that one.. ;)
You're right about that; an expensive source of glucose is not what i'm looking for. I'm going to bump up my protein intake, about an ounce more per meal. Would 1920 calories per day be a better number? Workout days would add an extra 240 calories from the PWO protein shake. My metabolism is pretty messed up from years of unknown self starvation (knew nothing about nutrition when i was younger), so i tend to keep my calories on the lower end of the scale. I tried clean bulking a couple of months back with about 2300 calories and i put on nothing but fat.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No idea what your number would be withouth looking at everything. Its not always about calories, its about quality calories and more importantly whole foods. Calories should be added/subtracted over the whole day, not one meal.

You need the basics set in stone before you start using any supplements. If not, they are just a waste of money.

D

david4zero8

Awards
No idea what your number would be withouth looking at everything. Its not always about calories, its about quality calories and more importantly whole foods. Calories should be added/subtracted over the whole day, not one meal.

You need the basics set in stone before you start using any supplements. If not, they are just a waste of money.
That's true.

My calories are basically made up from oatmeal, chicken breast, lean beef, green leafy veggies, fish oil, and nightly 1 /34 cup of non-fat milk with my last meal before i hit the sack.

With the increased calories on non workout days, i'm getting about 147g of carbs, 59g of fat, and 201g of protein. On training days i'm getting an additional 240 calories, 2g of fat, 6g of carbs, and 48g of protein from my PWO protein shake.

I'm now at around 206lbs and about 20% BF [bf measured about a month ago].

D

david4zero8

Awards
Just an update:

Well fitnfirm, who was having the bloat problem around her ankles and feet, figured out it was the sucralose found in the xtend that is causing her bloat. Sucralose is known to cause bloat and even diarrhea in some.

Now i'm trying to figure out if it's the higher intake of bcaa's that's causing my diarrhea and bloat, or is it the sucralose.

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
Saw this thread last week and didn't think much of it but it was in the back of my head each time I took my Xtend from that point on and ya know what I get a bit bloated too...I never really noticed it before. I need to check my cals too...