Leucine sups!?

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
Alright, i am considering getting some L-Leucine, or a leucine supplement. However, my question is how do i possibly need leucine when 1 scoop protein has 2.5grams of it...

10 scoops a day = 25g Leucine... isnt this more than enough and what will taking 5g more possibly do??

THX

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
Yes at least, actualy more... i am 245lbs, 6'5

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just read through your log and saw you're taking in 6-9k calories a day. You are one expensive eater :p

Eating all that, I wouldn't worry about the extra 5g. But i also wouldn't be able to move with 10 scoops of protein either. maybe another big boy can help.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I don't see how it could hurt it is the main amino acid responsible for the effects in a BCAA mix. And i hear ya on the powder i'm 270lbs at 6'2, i use whey isolate and a protein blend. 10 scoops sounds about right, i use 3 scoops of whey at a time for 81g's of protein and 2 scoops of my blend for 60g's. So ya that's fine, it can be hard gettin all your nutrients from straight food especially as your get bigger. Make sure to use a good Probiotic and some Digestive enzymes to help your body break down all that food, this will prevent bloating and indigestion.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't see how it could hurt it is the main amino acid responsible for the effects in a BCAA mix. And i hear ya on the powder i'm 270lbs at 6'2, i use whey isolate and a protein blend. 10 scoops sounds about right, i use 3 scoops of whey at a time for 81g's of protein and 2 scoops of my blend for 60g's. So ya that's fine, it can be hard gettin all your nutrients from straight food especially as your get bigger. Make sure to use a good Probiotic and some Digestive enzymes to help your body break down all that food, this will prevent bloating and indigestion.
:study:

Hell I'm hangin' on to a lean 201 and I take in that much protein as well.. CHAPS make a damn good point on the enzymes and probiotics, they keep things workin' in the gut.. ;)

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
I will look into the Probiotics and enzymes... thanks guys!!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm smaller but no matter what I supped with, taking over 50 grams at a time would end up in bloat and gas bad enough to melt concrete.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
All the more reason for a probiotic and digestive enzymes! I use udo's brand as well as their 3.6.9 oil, the guy is a genius when it comes to this stuff, he's written a couple books on fats and the health of your gut n such. The problem is that nowadays all the enzymes are cooked right out of the food and for those of us that use anti-biotics your killing the bad bacteria with the good! That bacteria is needed for a healthy gut and immune system. Look into Apple Cidar vinegar for a cheap way to aid digestion. But also get an all purpose Probiotic. Activia yogurt is also good for the good bacteria in it. I honestly thought all this stuff was bull till i worked at a store and tried some stuff for free, now i'm a big believer. If your bloated or have Diaherra then your body is having a hard time with digestion or it could be a milk food allergy. Now i buy the milk with the enzyme lactase in it to help my body digest it and i don't get ANY bloat, i just keep chuggin, lol.